Action Figure DAMTOYS: RESIDENT EVIL 2 - Leon Scott Kennedy 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm genuinely surprised that Leon went up at Sideshow. Though I preordered it at OSK. I might actually want to get him at Sideshow due to that Flex pay.

I'm genuinely surprised that Leon went up at Sideshow. Though I preordered it at OSK. I might actually want to get him at Sideshow due to that Flex pay.

Why? They sell DAMTOYS brand, just not everything from them. I po'd it there due to flexpay, reward points and I trust them.

Why? They sell DAMTOYS brand, just not everything from them. I po'd it there due to flexpay, reward points and I trust them.
Idk just for some reason I didn't think they would. None of their Assassin's Creed figures ever went up but I guess that depends. But OSK isn't a bad place to order though I prefer US retail most.

Idk just for some reason I didn't think they would. None of their Assassin's Creed figures ever went up but I guess that depends. But OSK isn't a bad place to order though I prefer US retail most.

Damtoys' Assassin's Creed figures were not licensed for distribution in the United States, which is why the availability of those figures in the U.S. was/is spotty. As we all know, Sideshow doesn't sell (or approve in the least of) unlicensed products because if it did its existing licensing agreements would be compromised.

I'm surprised Damtoys' AC license wasn't for worldwide distribution. Ubisoft milks the AC franchise wherever and whenever possible and could have licensed for U.S. distribution on the cheap to make a buck.

Damtoys' Assassin's Creed figures were not licensed for distribution in the United States, which is why the availability of those figures in the U.S. was/is spotty. As we all know, Sideshow doesn't sell (or approve in the least of) unlicensed products because if it did its existing licensing agreements would be compromised.

I'm surprised Damtoys' AC license wasn't for worldwide distribution. Ubisoft milks the AC franchise wherever and whenever possible and could have licensed for U.S. distribution on the cheap to make a buck.
Ah I see. I think it has to do with Ubisoft choose to work with Dam because their figures are becoming top quality almost rivalling Hot toys. But I believe they kept it almost an Asia exclusives as an agreement with Damtoys, at least that's what I think. Plus HT doesn't seem that interested in anything outside of Disney from time to time they will release surprises. But I think it's different now because its Capcom and they are a lot bigger in terms of brand. I hear it's difficult working with them as getting stuff approved is hard.

Yeah, you cant go wrong with Kit. I actually prefer them over KG and OSO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, you cant go wrong with Kit. I actually prefer them over KG and OSO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup only downside, recently their packages arrive dented. If it's not to bad or the figure isn't in any way damaged I don't have a problem. But some people want to have the boxes intact though. At least we are waiting a year before it comes out.

Yup only downside, recently their packages arrive dented. If it's not to bad or the figure isn't in any way damaged I don't have a problem. But some people want to have the boxes intact though. At least we are waiting a year before it comes out.

well i actually inquired OSK about their packaging, the reply was always thick bubblewrap and if you aren't happy with the protection you should make your purchase elsewhere.

so i will never buy anything big from them. small boxed items seems ok coz usually they don't get stacked too high.

well i actually inquired OSK about their packaging, the reply was always thick bubblewrap and if you aren't happy with the protection you should make your purchase elsewhere.

so i will never buy anything big from them. small boxed items seems ok coz usually they don't get stacked too high.
Yeah I believe DamToys are the standard shoe box size I hope it isn't to bad when it gets to me but I'll put a PO down at Sideshow just in case.

How long does it usually take US retailers to receive figures after overseas sites start getting them in? I know Sideshow estimates May-July for this whereas the HK sites say quarter 1.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

How long does it usually take US retailers to receive figures after overseas sites start getting them in? I know Sideshow estimates May-July for this whereas the HK sites say quarter 1.

Q1 = January - March
Q2 = April - June

US retailers usually get them 4-6 weeks after they are released overseas, so it looks like Sideshow's estimate has accounted for that travel time.

Though I find DAM's Q1 release estimate highly suspect. That's fairly unprecedented to have a figure released so quickly. Considering we're at the end of Q3, it's reasonable to expect this figure would be released Q4 2021.

My annoyance with OSK involves disposing of the copious amounts of bubble wrap. While I appreciate the cushioning, corner protectors, and free shipping, and while I have had few problems with dented boxes, the bubble wrap creates a lot of waste. The state of recycling these days means most of it probably ends up in a landfill. I often wrestle with whether to buy certain items elsewhere at a higher cost just to avoid the waste from OSK's bubble wrap. Most of the other vendors I buy from use cardboard boxes with brown paper filler.

Still debating with myself whether to get this or not, but I would definitely get Hunk if they make him...
I'd say do it when will you ever see another leon figure from the remake? Plus it could turn out way better then the proto or it might be the same as Dam usually always release the same figure on the proto with minor changes.

My annoyance with OSK involves disposing of the copious amounts of bubble wrap. While I appreciate the cushioning, corner protectors, and free shipping, and while I have had few problems with dented boxes, the bubble wrap creates a lot of waste. The state of recycling these days means most of it probably ends up in a landfill. I often wrestle with whether to buy certain items elsewhere at a higher cost just to avoid the waste from OSK's bubble wrap. Most of the other vendors I buy from use cardboard boxes with brown paper filler.

i usually keep the wraps for future use. you should consider buying loose items. saves lots of money and environment too.

Still debating with myself whether to get this or not, but I would definitely get Hunk if they make him...

Looking at your sig...

Dude Just get him haha! What's holding you back? If you're not a fan of Leon, then yeah, maybe you should pass.

But as Luis implies, we may not get another remake Leon for a long while.

Wish Dam Toys did the accessories like this. Also the second sculpt.

1/12 scale by LIMTOYS.

120040933_804844580284961_4741918505118121311_o.jpg

Back