Custom Neca Endoskeleton Underway

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right well ok for the reply on the kit thing? Does anyone know the best place to get the screws, alen key bolts and rods that small in the UK? Dont think B&Q does screws etc that small.
Cheers Steve.

Steve im in the same boat here, im changing all the pistons on the Hot toys T-600 & might even have a go at making metal hand & fingers.
Ive not seen any tiny screws myself yet i think the star threads would look better than normal philips head screws.
But i do know Albion metals make various size brass, copper, nickel tubing & rods for model making in loads of different sizes & there not too expensive, Most of the model shops in the UK stock these things, An idea for the tiny screws & fittings would be maybe looking at R/C cars & aircraft specific retailers i remember when building cars & helicopters there was always loads of tiny screws & fittings.

Hope thats pointing you in the right direction :wave

I bought some tiny screws on ebay a while back for my Arm surgery table. I dont know if they are the right size and cant remember how much they were and which seller I got them from but I will find out if soon and let you know.

I think the hardest part to figure out is how to make the eyelet on the end of the piston rod as a complete piece, if making the full part out of metal that is, i dont particulary wanna mix plastic with metal if you use brass or copper rods they can be soldered easily so maybe better to make the eyelet & rod seperate then solder them together the joint wont be seen that much if your going to paint it with the chrome paint. I think the fingers will be a pain too, each joint gotta be individually shaped out of aluminium with a dremel i'd say.

I think im making more hardwork for myself here with the fingers & hand lol But will look cool if its achieved :)

:exactly:

good idea!

Do people here think the newer 7" version is more accurate then the 18"?

I prefer the headsculpt on the new 7" yeah. Everything else is the same I think. I've never liked the opening mouth feature on previous NECA endos including the large one so I was glad the latest 7" did away with it.

I think the hardest part to figure out is how to make the eyelet on the end of the piston rod as a complete piece, if making the full part out of metal that is, i dont particulary wanna mix plastic with metal if you use brass or copper rods they can be soldered easily so maybe better to make the eyelet & rod seperate then solder them together the joint wont be seen that much if your going to paint it with the chrome paint. I think the fingers will be a pain too, each joint gotta be individually shaped out of aluminium with a dremel i'd say.

I think im making more hardwork for myself here with the fingers & hand lol But will look cool if its achieved :)

:exactly::exactly::exactly: Im still thinking of a way to do that. Will be a hard mod to do. The painting will be easiest part by far IMO
And paint isnt even my strong point yet LOL

I prefer the headsculpt on the new 7" yeah. Everything else is the same I think. I've never liked the opening mouth feature on previous NECA endos including the large one so I was glad the latest 7" did away with it.

Yeah, I hate the look of any endo with open mouth. My 18" endos mouth keeps falling open! Gotta fix that too.

:exactly::exactly::exactly: Im still thinking of a way to do that. Will be a hard mod to do. The painting will be easiest part by far IMO
And paint isnt even my strong point yet LOL

lol i know :slap i need to stop trying to make a 1/6 figure into the real thing haha.
I wonder if there maybe a tap & die kit small enough to put threads on the rod & inside an eyelet so the rod can be screwed into the eyelet like the real piston rod????? I know from my R/C days that the rods on the servos are pretty much the right diameter for the piston rods & come with a thread anyway.
The cyclinder part of the piston will be simple just get 2 or 3 different size tubes & slide 1 into the other in a step effect & glue.
i say its simple but then you have to figure out how to attach this to the figure :slap

lol i know :slap i need to stop trying to make a 1/6 figure into the real thing haha.
I wonder if there maybe a tap & die kit small enough to put threads on the rod & inside an eyelet so the rod can be screwed into the eyelet like the real piston rod????? I know from my R/C days that the rods on the servos are pretty much the right diameter for the piston rods & come with a thread anyway.
The cyclinder part of the piston will be simple just get 2 or 3 different size tubes & slide 1 into the other in a step effect & glue.
i say its simple but then you have to figure out how to attach this to the figure :slap

GREAT idea with the tap and die! Im pretty sure I have a set that will be able to do the 18" NECA.
The smallest die I have is an M1 x 0.25. Not sure if they go smaller than that.
You should maybe ask baloo because he used a tap on dye for his predator mask which has TINY rods.

Yeah, I hate the look of any endo with open mouth. My 18" endos mouth keeps falling open! Gotta fix that too.

They just look silly. The only film that shows an endo with his mouth open is T4 I think, and if memory serves its quite fleeting. Kinds bugs me when people display their HT endos with mouths open actually.

I think it would be better to try get the rod in either aluminium nickel or steel so it dont need painted & polish it.
Coz its an actual moving part im concerned about the paint scraping off as it goes in & out of the tubing, the tubing/cylinder part can be painted as it dont move. Im not making these for the T-800 so i dont really need it chromed as the T-600 is all beat up & rusty.

If the Tap & die method is to awkward im sure just drilling a tiny hole in the eyelet & gluing the rod into it would work just as good.
Its not as if this mod is gonna be that expensive so theres room for trial & error. I think its all down to the individual & what they wanna achieve? I know i want mine to physically look like a shrunken down T-600 in all ways possible :)

Heres the screws I bought -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M1-6-X-5..._Material_Nails_Fixing_MJ&hash=item518be31dcd

The seller should sell loads of other sizes and types too from what I remember.
And again, I havent checked if these will be the correct size...but they are quite small.

These allen bolts look better for an endo though(from same seller) -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-pcs-M..._Material_Nails_Fixing_MJ&hash=item2569bc4d6a

You could of course always fill the head of the screw with putty to hide the groove.

Last edited:
Anyone thought were to get the metal hoses that come from the lower head area ?
Are those screws and bolts small enough ?

Last edited:
Im wondering the same thing about the metal hoses too but will let you know when I find them.

I put the screw next to my endo and the head is a TINY bit too wide, and the shaft is too short -
SAM_4091.jpg

I think a M1 x 10 would be perfect though -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M1-X-10-..._Material_Nails_Fixing_MJ&hash=item23027c639f

Anyone thought were to get the metal hoses that come from the lower head area ?
Are those screws and bolts small enough ?

Steve you wanting actual real metal hoses or plastic replicas?

I was just thinking, it all depends how flexible you want these hoses but a wound guitar string would work but it would be quite stiff though, it wouldnt have the same flexibility as say the hoses they use on the Hot toys ones but it would work & does look like the hoses on the Hot toys stuff, You can get strings in various gauges. I'd say for the 18" endo a 0.70 gauge would be a good starting point.

Thats all i can think of for the time being but if i think of anything else i'll chime in, i'll have alook though my scale r/c heli & jet catalogues coz i'd imagine there will be some kind of hoses avaliable for them that could be suitable :clap

Phil

Just ordered the smallest allen screws with a 10m thread(from ebay) but still need the two metal look bendy pipes and alley tubeing for pistons.
Think I can get the tubeing from B&Q.
Come on guys we did not buy these cool 18" Neca Endos to stay looking like toys. My Endos jaw does not line up well, do they just pop off ?

Just ordered the smallest allen screws with a 10m thread(from ebay) but still need the two metal look bendy pipes and alley tubeing for pistons.
Think I can get the tubeing from B&Q.
Come on guys we did not buy these cool 18" Neca Endos to stay looking like toys. My Endos jaw does not line up well, do they just pop off ?

So which allen screws did you get mate?
I did a lot of research a few days ago on the metal pipes, tyring to find out various things about them and will post what I found a bit later. Still nothing definite though unfortunately :( But hopefully it might make finding these things a bit easier for us all. Please let us know how it goes with the B&Q ones too.
Wouldnt it be great if EndoT800 could help out too.:pray:

Now found the bendy pipes springs for the neck
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280490747864?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
Just got to figure out a way to attach them.Also got m1.5 x 10 countersunk screws for the hand/wrist pistons coming. Thinking of going to a plumbing shop for small copper pipe for the lower leg and wrist pipes.

Awesome find mate! :rock
Ive just ordered the 1.5mm spring unit for the neck and the 2.5mm spring unit to replace NECAs plastic shoulder hoses -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tiger-Mo...es_ModelKits_ModelKits_JN&hash=item414e8d285d

I'll now be looking for the copper and aluminium pipes too so I will post here if and when I find something.
Keep us updated on your finds too mate. :)

Last edited:
Back