Custom Neca Endoskeleton Underway

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Guys,

It took me some time to complete this due to work and family commitments, but better late than never. I could not find suitable tubings for the hands, pistons and feet so I just use the original, using hot and cold water to bend them back into shape, hollowed the 2 triangles on the thighs. Most of my time was spent on removing the mold lines by using a very fine grit sandpaper. As for the chrome, I am using Kosutte Ginsan (as I do not have an airbrush), the result is a lot better than expected and much resilient than I initially thought. A sealant is not required to lock the powder in, after buffing it with some cotton, it never rubs off. I have been handling it by hand when I was putting the parts together, so far no problems. The only thing I did differently was with the Endo's eyes, I used some transparent silica sphere and painted them red, followed by clear lacquer. I then pops them into their original eye socket.

I just love the skull base, but could not find any 1/4 skull. I need to keep looking.

Thank You Endot800 for sharing this, your work is an inspiration for me to complete this.

Last edited:
Hello Guys,

It took me some time to complete this due to work and family commitments, but better late than never. I could not find suitable tubings for the hands, pistons and feet so I just use the original, using hot and cold water to bend them back into shape, hollowed the 2 triangles on the thighs. Most of my time was spent on removing the mold lines by using a very fine grit sandpaper. As for the chrome, I am using Kosutte Ginsan (as I do not have an airbrush), the result is a lot better than expected and much resilient than I initially thought. A sealant is not required to lock the powder in, after buffing it with some cotton, it never rubs off. I have been handling it by hand when I was putting the parts together, so far no problems. The only thing I did differently was with the Endo's eyes, I used some transparent silica sphere and painted them red, followed by clear lacquer. I then pops them into their original eye socket.

I just love the skull base, but could not find any 1/4 skull. I need to keep looking.

Thank You Endot800 for sharing this, your work is an inspiration for me to complete this.

Great work man, but more pictures would be more awesome though :D

I'm doing the same thing, where did you buy your Kosutte? That thing is very hard to find. I might use Alclad.

For the 1/4 skulls pm this guy ashkanls, he sells 1/4 skulls I got a set from him and may need more. Hope this helps.

For the 1/4 skulls pm this guy ashkanls, he sells 1/4 skulls I got a set from him and may need more. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the plug Wolvie. Here is what I did with some black resin, dirt and Quikrete to go with my skulls.

008-3.jpg

Wolverenz,

Thanks, I will post more pictures later.

I got the Kosutte from a hobby store in Japan, it comes in a very small 15g bottle. I was amaze how little it took to complete the whole endo, I think one bottle is sufficient to complete more than 10 18" neca endo.

As for the skull's I bought some modelling clay, I am thinking of making my own base on the skull that comes with the hottoys berserker pred, just have to make it bigger.

Ashkanls

That is one fine looking diorama. I will try my hands on sculpting. I do not consider myself a creative person, but I can imitate stuff quite well.

Wolverenz,

I got the Kosutte from a hobby store in Japan, it comes in a very small 15g bottle. I was amaze how little it took to complete the whole endo, I think one bottle is sufficient to complete more than 10 18" neca endo.

As for the skull's I bought some modelling clay, I am thinking of making my own base on the skull that comes with the hottoys berserker pred, just have to make it bigger.

Ashkanls

That is one fine looking diorama. I will try my hands on sculpting. I do not consider myself a creative person, but I can imitate stuff quite well.

damn, no wonder you got the Kosutte easy, just realized your in Malaysia. Anyways, I'm looking forward on your pics, I have to post pics on mine too. Maybe when I chrome them. :)

Wolverenz,

Ashkanls

Here is a quick tip on what I did.......

Wax paper, poured black resin over it and controlled it to get the base the size I wanted. Poured resin about 5 times in small amounts total.

Made my broken walls out of quickcrete. Once those dried I set them where I wanted along with the skulls. I poured black resin around the rocks to make them stick. Did it about 4 times tom make sure everything was secure. Then I mixed more quickcrete and cut it up with a putty knife while it was semi wet. I poured the resin again again with a brush spread it around and quickly before it dried I dumped the quickcrete all over the base. Once it dried I turned it over and all the loose rocks and dust came off. Lastly I spray painted it with black and grey and wiped the skulls off before the paint dried. Took alot of time but easy to do.

Back