Custom Neca Endoskeleton Underway

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone is interested in a Custom Painted Neca Endo, Mines on ebay right now. It isn't chrome though :( Still looks way better than the stock paint anyway.
Drop me a PM if your interested :)

Went shopping today and found the parts that connects the metal hoses to the neck. It was an RC fuel line part. Also cut some metal various size tubes for the pistons. Its taking shape but at the mo looks like Reese has blown it up.

:wink1: sounds like your getting there steve ive been side tracked lately so not touched any endo's yet i blame batman the swine :lol & that bloody relaunched stuff haha

Mmm I had the original 1/6 Tumbler and It was in the end a pain.
Great item but took up lots of space and was allways freightened of breaking it. I have allways like adding my own little touch to an inperfect figure as long as it was cheap in the first place.
Trying to do some extra mods on my HT Pred 1 at the mo.

Did all the pistons from the hip front and back to the lower leg.
Just started on the forarms and trying to see how to get the head off to re-aline the jaw ?Please let me know.

Did all the pistons from the hip front and back to the lower leg.
Just started on the forarms and trying to see how to get the head off to re-aline the jaw ?Please let me know.

Did you replace the rods with metal shafts? If you did, do you mind divulging that information for those of us at work on this piece?

Did you replace the rods with metal shafts? If you did, do you mind divulging that information for those of us at work on this piece?

What he said. I am also wondering how to remove the head, I haven't seen that anywhere..

Unscrewthe batterybox cover, pull the skull cap off the batteryhousing and unhookthe jaw. The head is now off. Too bad the neck post is going to be a pain in the ass.

Thanks Mojomark. I was also wondering what material to use to fill screw holes and reshape/modify the plastic parts like the teeth and battery cover?

Thanks Mojomark. I was also wondering what material to use to fill screw holes and reshape/modify the plastic parts like the teeth and battery cover?

My suggestion would be Aves Apoxie Sculpt. A 2-part self-hardening resin product that is a dream to work with.

Right a bit further on,eyes made smaller(small brass tube insert) alined jaw better and added screws at the pivot point.
Just about to have a go at the hands.

Here goes guys.
Legs-all pistons added and working but feet need modding so they can flex at the ankle?
want to do the same at the wrist but feel I have to stop somewhere but I can go back to those at a later date.
My goal is to reproduce what Hot toys did with theres.
I think theres is more movement around the shoulder area but all the psitons are fake. Will make most of them work before adding all the real bolts. Still waiting for my spring / hydraulic pipes for the neck.
Hope everyone elses Endo is getting there.:)

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics monkeybat. I haven't started on mine yet, not sure where to start. I guess I'm going to do the pistons first. What did you use for the piston ends? Did you just glue the plastic eyelet back onto the brass? And did you figure out how to make the ankles pivot?

I used the old piston ends. I just got brass/ally tubes afaction bigger and slid the eylet ends inside then drilled the other part out and slid the brass/ally tube inside. Will either add a rubber washer at the main point of the foot allowing for flexion or include a ball joint and gravity will hold the foot and leg together.

What brass tube diameters did you use for the pistons, eyes, hands, ect? I may need to order them online and I want to get them all at once.

I was just wondering, has anyone tried kosutte ginsan before? I would like to work on my 18" Neca too, I do not have an airbrush so Alclad II is out of the question to get the chrome look. I have tried Kosutte Ginsan on a silver paint surface (didn't like black gloss as it gives a black chrome effect) and I am quite happy with the outcome. My only concern now is to seal the chrome. Spraying a gloss clear top coat basically removes the kosutte and makes it silver again. If I do not seal it, I do not know how long the chrome effect will last. Thanks

Well...has anyone used kosutte ginsan, or better yet, MGM Prime Plating Powder ($9.99 on ebay)??? It sure seems like you could get a nice chrome finish that way, maybe even better than Alclad 2. I'm still hoping someone will disclose the brass tube diameters required for the modification as well. Much appreciated guys!

Looks like the powder would be a big mess. I'm willing to bet you wouldn't be able to handle the figure very much afterward either.

Looks like the powder would be a big mess. I'm willing to bet you wouldn't be able to handle the figure very much afterward either.

Check out this youtube video. It looks like you could handle the endo more after the powder than with paint, it can take more abuse. It's a long video but it makes me want to try it out.

[ame]https://youtu.be/6nlHlCABAAQ[/ame]

So, he's saying that the MGM Hobby Super Magic Powder is the best? Difficult to make out with his caressing of the bottles, seeing as I didn't understand the language.

Though, the endos were never super chrome reflective in the two first movies, so I'm wondering if it would be possible to stress up that powder chrome with washes to get a suitable look.

Looking forward to further progress.

Back