Custom/Kitbash 1/6 Clone Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Help with custom/kitbash 1/6 clone trooper

I think I have some old hose and a plastic bag or two... It will do the same job. :)

Hmmm... either I'll have to accept your offer or I will have buy a catheter. I'd have to sell my weasels for $40 each to a Chinese Restaurant that makes soup...

Ok guys ("Oh wait, is he talking to me? I should probably just ignore this thread and hope the dude person forgets to post on it so it can fade away and die..."), I'm ****ed for now, cuz my super glue decided it was sick of gluing other things together and decided to glue itself shut.... or at least the applicator tip.... I can unscrew the applicator tip with the cap, but then the opening is just way to big (almost 1 inch in diameter) and I'm afraid of spilling it... would suckify if I got my hands glued together... or to something else... :horror

I need to get more superglue...

I always get that with superglue as well, i get a needle and heat the end til its red hot then stick it in to open the hole again, i have to do it everytime im finished with it as well so it stays open next time i want to use it.

I always get that with superglue as well, i get a needle and heat the end til its red hot then stick it in to open the hole again, i have to do it everytime im finished with it as well so it stays open next time i want to use it.

except the hole on this never needed any needle-poking as there was an opening almost as big as on regular glue.... But I'm not sure even the best needle when heated could poke through both the cap and the built up super glue and into the hole, and even if it did, it may not come out enough...

I'm thinking of getting another one, swapping the tips+caps, and leaving the sealed shut one on the new one while I use up the last of the old one. Then when I'm done I could switch the caps back and throw the sealed one away and use the new glue...

Ah the cap is stuck on doh my brains not been functioning properly the last few days. Ive had the lid stuck on so i got some pliers on it and carefully twisted it off, it can make a mess of the cap though.

Ah the cap is stuck on doh my brains not been functioning properly the last few days. Ive had the lid stuck on so i got some pliers on it and carefully twisted it off, it can make a mess of the cap though.

I tried that... I guess this is super super glue, cuz I can't get it off even with plyers...

Almost been a week now dude.... What's the status?

Oh... I didn't know anyone was still paying attention! :lol

been bogged down with work recently, and when I haven't been, I have been sanding and re-painting my chestpiece (remember how lumpy it was? Well now.... its slightly better)

I have started work on the back-plate template, but I haven't had a whole lot of time to devote to my projects recently so I don't have a whole lot more done... I'll try to post some pics of my clone so far tomorrow after another coat of paint on all pieces... hopefully I won't have too much other stuff that'll get in the way. Fingers crossed!

Oh... I didn't know anyone was still paying attention! :lol

been bogged down with work recently, and when I haven't been, I have been sanding and re-painting my chestpiece (remember how lumpy it was? Well now.... its slightly better)

I have started work on the back-plate template, but I haven't had a whole lot of time to devote to my projects recently so I don't have a whole lot more done... I'll try to post some pics of my clone so far tomorrow after another coat of paint on all pieces... hopefully I won't have too much other stuff that'll get in the way. Fingers crossed!

Honestly, this had to be the most amazing attempt at a custom I've seen on this site, dude.... You're making a 1/6 figure out of McDonalds cups, afterall!... If nothing else it's quite entertaining! :D

OK, no time for pics just yet, but the Thanksgiving weekend is coming up so I'll probably find time then...

I made the left forearm piece a while back (craftily stealing designs from my Medi Commander! :mwaha)... but I only just now tackled the right forearm... it has all those buttons on it!

I gave the left a second coat of paint a few days ago, and the right got its second coat of paint after sanding yesterday... it's dry now...

I'll take pics sometime in the next 5 days or so... hopefully soon

oh yeah and I'm absolutely done with the chest, except for the 2 black line thingies.... I sanded all the lumps off! yay!

glad that no one said anything about this thread's death...

Well anyway, life somehow found a way to be busier than before, and now I have barely any time to cut plastic cups into armor...

Oh yeah, and the chestplate had just gotten smooth, when, about a day later, the cleaning people came! *hiss*

They dumped a cardboard box ontop of the table where the chestplate was sitting, and that apparently broke it at the seam I had just finally gotten smooth... If I glue it only from the back (where you won't see it when it's on a fig) then there will still be a crack in the front, so I'd have to glue it there too... making more lumps to sand, repaint, sand, repaint, sand ,repaint, sand repaint, sand, repaint, sand and repaint again...

Things aren't going well...

You know... I'm thinking of scrapping the project.

I was thinking of gluing/ repainting/ sanding the chest a lot today, but the paint/ gluing part might not work... it's a little cold where I am, snowing actually! And sticking, too.

But for now I'm stuck with two handplates, a broken chestplate, two forearm pieces, and a half finished silicone mold of a lolly pop holder (the helmet). Oh yeah and belly armor that is too stiff to be put on a figure, as it isn't bent enough so that it can go around the waist... and if I do try to bend it, the glue snaps and needs to be reglued (and then it's still not circular enough).

Maybe someday I'll use up all $40 worth of silicone I have and mold the medi's armor and recast it, or maybe I can get a few pieces off toy anxiety... Or I could probably just get a sideshow fig. for less than the cost of all the silicone/resin/ mcdonalds drinks/ paint/ super glue (which I am limited to applying with a toothpick, applicator tip is sealed shut), and then I wouldn't have to spend so much time on it and then have it look crappy and break...

I never thought I'd have to put so much time and effort into a single piece that just breaks afterwards... I might pick it up again sometime, but for now, I'm thinking this project is dead (murdered is more like it).

the dude person
Killer of Projects:lol

That's too bad. You have to know when to cut your losses and it sounds like you picked a pretty good time. Perhaps you can pick it up again another time just so you can say you beat it. Don't get too discouraged by it. We'll look forward to the next project.

Dude... scrapping the project!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I may pick it up again when it's not too cold for paint and glue to dry properly... where I am it's been around 30-50 (farenheit), and it's supposed to be at least 60 to for spraypaint to cure properly, and I find that building up a few layers of paint around a lump and sanding down the paint on top of the lump is a lot more effective than sanding the lump by itself. Also, the sandpaper scratches the paint and not the plastic itself, which means it's easier to get rid of scratches.

For now, I couldn't really do anything on it, unless I took this project to someplace warmer... hmm... migratory clones! :lol

I will probably pick this up again when it's warmer, and after I come to terms with the loss of my chestplate... see, the nipple-plates broke away from the more chest/belly-ish part, I just can't imagine adding more superglue with a tooth pick and sanding it and painting a jillion times until I was finally back where I was before it broke. Also, I still have the belt, shoes, and shoulders to think through. So it's going on the back burner for now. ("wait, I shouldn't have done that! The plastic is melting!! Ah! Cancerous fumes! Glarf!" *dead* :lol note to self: do not put plastic on burner)

Throwing in the towel?????? Say it ain't so Dude!! I have really enjoyed following the progress on this figure. I guess now might be a good time for me to call it quits on my KFC Bucket/Taco Bell Hot Sauce Packet Boba Fett!!:lol

Seriously though, the fact that you even attempted a project this ambitious says a lot about your dedication to this craft. I'm sure you will have plenty for all of us to view down the road.

Throwing in the towel?????? Say it ain't so Dude!! I have really enjoyed following the progress on this figure. I guess now might be a good time for me to call it quits on my KFC Bucket/Taco Bell Hot Sauce Packet Boba Fett!!:lol

Seriously though, the fact that you even attempted a project this ambitious says a lot about your dedication to this craft. I'm sure you will have plenty for all of us to view down the road.

I may yet take the towel back out of... wherever it is I seem to have thrown it into... ? :lol

I guess you are a super lurker, as this was your second post since joining about 2 months ago! :lurking :rotfl

and you never said anything on here before...

Anyway like I said in a few months, when it's warmer and I have time... me and my girlfriend will... oh, oops, I meant... I may get back to work on this! :lol

Back