Custom/Kitbash 1/6 Clone Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Help with custom/kitbash 1/6 clone trooper

Its a custom 1/6 popup book :lol

:lol

I think it's only 1/6 custom, the other 5/6 are... err... not custom?

The custom part of that thread is where I mention my modded republic commando levels based on K T's Order 66.... :D

Oh no... I've de-railed my own thread! Oh well, better than de-railing someone else's... :lol

I power-sanded my chest piece down a little, smoothed it out A LOT! It's almost ready to be primed for paint...

If I prime it, and the primer's shiny and white, why would I need to paint it anyway??

I dont, i just prime then paint any fiddly bits then gloss if need be :peace

The problem with hasbros is, they aren't as cheap as you guys are suggesting (at least not that I can see). The cheapest one that was buy it now on eBay was $50! Can you guys belive it? Some idiot thinks a hasblo fig is worth half a Benji...

I have some thin scrap plastic (like from packaging, etc) that I was thinking of using, and I made the chestplate out of paper and index cards a while back as a prototype... I might just try to use the templates I created for the paper version and re-make it out of thin plastic...

What you guys are saying is that it won't work and I should pretty much just give up now. That can be pretty good advice in some cases... But I think I'll actually try a few things before I determine for myself that this is hopeless without legit parts from a manufactured clone trooper...

If anyone comes across a trooper on eBay for cheap, it'd be nice to PM or post me a link. Call me crazy, but I am now going to attempt to make the chest plate out of a McDonald's cup (the plastic kind)...

Thank you for your advice everyone.

Ditch the McPop-up Trooper. I found you one for $15 and you sir, have a PM.

Last edited:

Ditch the McPop-up Trooper. I found you one for $15 and you sir, have a PM.

Hmmm... you edited that in recently...

There's nothing "pop-up" about him. I was talking about a book discussion thread that somehow got moved to the SW customs section...

Also, he prefers to be called "McTrooper" :lol

I'm not gonna ditch him, reworked the chest-plate to be more accurate than hasbro's which I based my template on (I actually have a hasbro, only I've sorta grown attatched to it and don't want to risk ruining it. Now I'm only ruining a McD's cup that would be trash anyway... I only butcher figures when I buy them specifically to be butchered :D). I don't know how to rework a piece of rubber/vinyl stuff like the hasbro armor is made of, and sticking plastic on it wouldn't look right...

I'm trying to make a clone that can be displayed with my Medi Commander and look like a nice attempt at the movie accuracy found in the Commander, and Hasbro can't do that for me.

Quick update:

Final pieces of chest plate have been super glued, waiting for it to dry. Will sand and prime tomorrow.

Also, the stomach armor is coming along nicely.

Shoulder armor templates almost done.

Forearm templates need to be re-done from scratch

Will start back template tomorrow.

Pics coming soon!

P.S. Check the starting post for this thread to see a list of pieces and what stages they're in (not working on em yet, WIP, already done, etc.)

I can not wait to see this, such a great idea and I love the fact that you are recycling materials.

Pics we want pics

UPDATE:

Stomach armor is finished, painted, drying

Chest plate is also painted, now drying

New fore-arm templates are done

Will try to take pics of the finished armor pieces soon...

UPDATE:

Pics of finished chest and stomach armor

FILE0318.jpg

Together on bodysuit (not attatched)

FILE0319.jpg

detail on the chest. May need to be repainted some, possibly with some sanding...

FILE0321.jpg

sorta blurry pic of stomach armor

FILE0323.jpg

Left: Final version; Right: paper prototype

I fixed the chest so it would be more movie accurate. Before it made a "U" shape, but it should be shaped like this: \_/

UPDATE: ("really? Again? Jeez does this guy even have a life?" :lol)

In the last hour, the hand armor (easiest part) went from not even started to template stage to finished (except for painting) because it was a relatively simple pair of pieces (flat 2-dimensional 1-piece shape that is folded/ bent in one place)

another coat of paint has been added to the chest plate around the smudgy area by the two little black lines on the trooper's right boob... Err... Nipple.... I mean... The right side of his chest plate...... Stupid black smudgy nipple! :lol

forearm templates were tested, but ultimately still are not accurate and will need to be redesigned again and remade tomorrow...

I have found some SS clone shoes on Toy Anxiety, not sure if there's any still left... I could buy those and port them to my BBI G3.5...

Or I could get some stormie shoes and add all the detail bits (detail seems to be pretty straightforward),

or I could buy some normal generic shoes and paint them white and add clone shoe details.

OR I could try to make generic shoes out of mighty putty and hope they're symetrical...

OR I could try o mold and cast the slightly oversized rubber hasbro shoes/ boots I have, but they just are a little to big and mis-shapen...

What do you guys think is the best alternative to actually buying the SS clone trooper shoes from Toy Anxiety?

Last edited:

UPDATE:

Now only lurkers are paying attention to my thread...

Anyway, forearm template has been redone for the final time. How is it finally perfected? Because I made a template using the forearm piece of my Medicom RAH Clone Commander I got today! (whoot!)

forearms will be done by tomorrow, then I will finish up working on the shoulders...

I wonder how many McDonalds sodas you're going to end up buying?

So far, for me, 3. And 1 donated from my family. My first cup is gone, reduced to a few splintered pieces bearing the McD's logo...

My second one is going fast!

I think around 7 should definitely cover the whole fig...

I didn't drink all those at one sitting... or in one day... or in one week.... it was actually at least 5 days between each one (if not more)....

If I can't afford another $70 clone trooper and I have to make it out of McDonalds cups instead, how the heck am I supposed to afford a catheter? :lol

I think I have some old hose and a plastic bag or two... It will do the same job. :)

I didn't drink all those at one sitting... or in one day... or in one week.... it was actually at least 5 days between each one (if not more)....

If I can't afford another $70 clone trooper and I have to make it out of McDonalds cups instead, how the heck am I supposed to afford a catheter? :lol

You could try to do what some would do in your situation and get a job. :lol

Back