Custom Iron Man Hellmet Resin 1:1 Scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaviVascaino

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I bought a really nice custom Iron Man Helmet on ebay. The seller is from Thailand.

I paid U$ 140,00 (the listing price was 159, but he accepted my offer). I live in USA, and it took exactly 1 month to receive it.

I already posted some pictures on the other thread (Lager toys Thor HammeR), but since not everyone access that thread, I decided to make this one.

The helmet is really nice for the price. It weights like 700grams, and has LED lights. The paint job is really good, with only minimal imperfections that is only visible if you are OCD and look really close.

It might be a bit smaller than "life size" (maybe 10%), but you only notice when you are holding the piece. On display case, it looks really like 1:1 Scale.

This is the link for the seller and the item:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Display-IR...5660?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item3cde88cf3c

Some high resolution pictures

13334915264_b0ac7d9e01_c.jpg

13334664583_da129b5fce_c.jpg

13334503495_440610a833_c.jpg

13334476185_85a9038c16_c.jpg

13334486725_31f5eb4ba9_c.jpg

13334476185_85a9038c16_c.jpg

Picture with the custom Arc REactor Mark I that I also got on ebay from a seller in UK. Nice piece. Here is the link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Iron-Man-A...lm_TV_Film_Memorabilia_LE&hash=item1e891437ce

13334861264_d9d70a3127_c.jpg

13334854384_667c35fb17_c.jpg

13334846564_a0dea090f3_c.jpg

Picture of my latest purchase: Custom Iron Man Helmet (U$140,00 shipped), Lager Toys Hammer (U$ 170,00 shipped), Arc Reactor (U$30,00 shipped) => U$ 340,00 is a STEAL for what I got!!:clap
13334367445_fa2a13a3f4_c.jpg

Any questions, let me know!! I hope you enjoy!

Yeah, so I saw your link in the other post, made an offer of $140, and it was accepted within just a few hours. Really looking forward to this arriving, I have a perfect spot for it! Thanks for the great find and heads up!

thanks for posting this, davivascaino. the helmet looks pretty good for the price you paid. quite tempting i must say. but i'm just not too fond of the non-metallic gold paint work. if it had a brushed metal finish, i'd def be getting it --- screw efx and their delays. sadly, it has a slight plasticky look to it so i will probably keep waiting for another version to come along. congrats all the same on getting this helmet. it makes a very nice companion piece to the mjolnir...

Also, can you show a pic or two of the bottom?

I can take a picture later. The seller has pictures of the bottom of the helmet. Did you look at it? There is a fine layer of foam covering the internal components (wires, led, battery). And then there is a switch. nothing too fancy

thanks for posting this, davivascaino. the helmet looks pretty good for the price you paid. quite tempting i must say. but i'm just not too fond of the non-metallic gold paint work. if it had a brushed metal finish, i'd def be getting it --- screw efx and their delays. sadly, it has a slight plasticky look to it so i will probably keep waiting for another version to come along. congrats all the same on getting this helmet. it makes a very nice companion piece to the mjolnir...

I hear what you say. It does not look toyish in person at all, but I understand what you are saying. Maybe it would be too hard to get that shiny metallic finish over resin, not sure.

I can take a picture later. The seller has pictures of the bottom of the helmet. Did you look at it? There is a fine layer of foam covering the internal components (wires, led, battery). And then there is a switch. nothing too fancy

I did not happen to see that. Thanks for the info!

Looks so good!
I can't wait for month but free shipping is great.

But only 1.5 lbs... Seems light. If I'm going to wear it into battle, I need to know its durable.

I just received my helmet today and am really happy with it for the price. Build quality is pretty good and it looks fantastic on my shelf. Here are some pics of it next to my arc reactors...

tumblr_n4uybxex6E1rjed0zo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n4uybxex6E1rjed0zo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_n4uybxex6E1rjed0zo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_n4uybxex6E1rjed0zo5_1280.jpg

My replacement Iron Man helmet arrived today. The first one they sent was a piece of doodoo really. Poorly packaged, flat paintjob, splotches, dents, bubble foam left marks all over and finally the wiring on the inside came loose, so no light-up. Felt very cheap overall.
Contacted the seller, he agreed that the quality was very poor. Instead of shipping it back, he would send me a new one. Opened a paypal case a week ago just in case, but the seller came through. Clean paintjob and lines, has a nice metalic look, light-up is perfect and packaged carefully.
Difference with the first helmet is staggering, might be possible the first was a crappy proto or something.

View attachment 108427
View attachment 108428
View attachment 108429
View attachment 108430
View attachment 108431

For those of you who have this, how do you have it displayed? Do you have it propped up somehow? Or does it sit on its own at a decent display angle?

Back