Custom dx09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magmax

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hello I got a bit bored my dx09 being stuck in a museum pose since day one so I decided if I could get some extra articulation out of him. Originally I bought a ttm20 body and tried to rit dye it black but that didn't work so I bought a hot toys vader body. It doesn't seem that bad I need to cut the neck down a bit and fill the holes in on the body. The legs look a bit skinny. He still can't back out the drive but at least he can bend his arms too reach the steering wheel.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 223
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 216
Thanks mate

It doesn't look too bad. I was really hoping that the vader body was going to be a black version of a TTM20 or a mms200 as the legs would of been much thicker and the rubber chest area would of fitted the dx09 head much better but it appears that hot toys haver used a wolverine style body with ttm20 arms. The boots don't really fit into the pegs and needs a stand. I think I could force them but the boots are made of rubber and I don't want to stretch them or split them trying to force them in. It does make it look at bit more toyish (I know it's a toy) with the new body. I have started to fill the holes with Millie putty once painted I'll see how it looks.

Did a bit more messing around with him. Filled the holes in his body and cut down the neck. Lots a bit better will paint it tomorrow evening once the putty has dried.

Here he is coming into land

image.jpg

Very cool idea. I was thinking of doing something similar with a Returns Batman. The torso seems a bit long in the most recent picture, but maybe that's an illusion down to the cowl sitting up too high?

Thank you

You are correct the torso il appears to be longer because he has a full six pack where other figures normally have a 2 or a 4 pack. When you put the belt on it brings it back into scale.
I was wrong originally thought this was a modded wolverine body but it's a modded ttm20 with a mms200 torso.

He's still in scale with my other figures even with batman standing on a stand a superman not Supes is still the big boy on the block.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back