Custom "Dredd 3D" "Judge Dredd" Figure - Updated with some pre-order info

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: UPDATED WIP Custom Dredd 3D Judge Dredd Figure - Handcuff Bundle

I went back and modified the concussion bomb dispenser after watching a still frame from the movie. What I added was a little slot in the bottom circular hatch. And extended the little spike in the front center so that it grooves with the slot in the bottom hatch. I also shortened the dispenser height by a bit. Looks odd now, but once painted - should look nice.

custom_dredd_concussion_bombs.jpg

The handcuff bundle looks great on the belt.

custom_dredd_handcuffs3.jpg

This looks amazing your killing me with these updates I really need those utility belt accessories. Please make them available. Great job on this.

Ended up not have as much time to work on Dredd as I wanted. I only got the motorcycle jacket done. Pants will probably be done this weekend.

I made the jacket out of really thin (and expensive) leather. Pretty tricky to use. You have to reinforce all the seems and stitching so that the leather doesn't rip from pressure. But the look is pretty close to the move gear. I will eventually weather and dust the jacket and pants like towards the end of the movie.

The two large patches on his shoulders are blank. I may or may not make the embossed leather badge and crest for them (out of rubber. It's kind of crazy for me to put as much detail into the jacket as I am already since the tactical vest will cover most of it. The arms of the mjact will be modified to have the flaps for the elbow pads - and I will add the gauntlets.

custom_dredd_figure_jacket3.jpg
custom_dredd_figure_jacket4.jpg

Last edited:

Since the jacket will be covered up by the tactical vest - and while the vest will be removable - it will be a hassle; so I didn't want to get too crazy with the details. But I did pay special attention to the cool ribbing detail on the sides of the jacket - since that will be visible.

custom_dredd_figure_jacket2.jpg

Re: UPDATED WIP Custom Dredd 3D Judge Dredd Figure - Custom Motorcycle Jacket.

wow, that is insane...looking forward to the final product pictures!

Thanks Vareika and elar. The leather stretches and loosens over time so it looks a little tight now.

Some updates to Dredd's leather moto jacket:

- Added piping details to closer match the movie jacket.
- Added the arm slots that the elbow pads will rest inside. The top of the pad nests inside the back of the elastic ribbed band in the upper arm, and the bottom of the pad nests into the back of the lower slot that has the distinctive side "mud flap" like tabs.

Some of you may have noticed that Dredd's elbows seemed a bit thin in the previous pictures. This was intentional so that when I added these details to the arms of the jacket - I don't end up with unnatural looking bulges around the elbows.

custom_dredd_figure_jacket8.jpg
custom_dredd_figure_jacket9.jpg

Re: UPDATED WIP Custom Dredd 3D Judge Dredd Figure - Updated Motorcycle Jacket.

custom_dredd_figure_jacket10.jpg

Re: UPDATED WIP Custom Dredd 3D Judge Dredd Figure - Updated Motorcycle Jacket.

Here are Dredd's gauntlets. The two had to be designed slightly different from each other. For the one with the embedded screen I made a little mount under the screen area so that when it is attached to the inside of the leather gauntlet - it creates an impression of there being some mechanism under the surface. So when seen from the outside - their is bulk to that gauntlet as opposed to the other one.

Here are some pictures. Really started to come together - although Dredd needs some pants.

custom_dredd_figure_guantlets7.jpg
custom_dredd_figure_guantlets8.jpg

Last edited:
Re: UPDATED WIP Custom Dredd 3D Judge Dredd Figure - Gauntlets.

I made some mock-up foam elbow pads last night to test the fitting of the jacket arm details. The final pads will be made out of a hard rubber so that it can flex with the arm - but not visible deform their shapes. They will have a leather band up front that will conform with the arm details and the top and bottom of the pads will tuck into the jacket arms like in these pics.

Also note the mock-up belt with the handcuffs. And out of courtesy - I've blotted out Dredd's arse. No one wants to see that.

custom_dredd_figure_guantlets9.jpg
custom_dredd_figure_guantlets10.jpg

Last edited:

Dude ,can you make more gauntlets and belts and sell them, they are amazing I need them, awesome work

Dude ,can you make more gauntlets and belts and sell them, they are amazing I need them, awesome work

LOL stop asking he said he will just do two full custom :lol:lol

People can't just appreciate the work anymore, they want to own everything.

LOL stop asking he said he will just do two full custom :lol:lol

People can't just appreciate the work anymore, they want to own everything.

I very much appreciate , it's that good I just need it to make my look that good , just like your Jim lee batman they look that good ,I need one :wink1:

Thanks for the compliments guys! :wave

He's really looking great! But, man I hope you make some copies of that custom "censored" bar! That would save me a ton of money on pants!:rotfl:rotfl
Can't wait to see him finished up!
I made some mock-up foam elbow pads last night to test the fitting of the jacket arm details. The final pads will be made out of a hard rubber so that it can flex with the arm - but not visible deform their shapes. They will have a leather band up front that will conform with the arm details and the top and bottom of the pads will tuck into the jacket arms like in these pics.

Also note the mock-up belt with the handcuffs. And out of courtesy - I've blotted out Dredd's arse. No one wants to see that.

custom_dredd_figure_guantlets9.jpg
custom_dredd_figure_guantlets10.jpg

The tactical vest looks nice over the moto jacket. I also revised the back of the vest so that it tapers more at the bottom.

custom_dredd_test.jpg
custom_dredd_test2.jpg

Back