Custom "Dredd 3D" "Judge Dredd" Figure - Updated with some pre-order info

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WIP: Custom 1/6 Scale "Dredd 3D" Judge Dredd Figure

I made the distinctive collar for Dredd last night. Decided to sculpt it since flexibility doesn't seem to be a requirement. I also made it as a separate piece since if you watch the movie closely - that's how the actual collar is. Looks like it is held in place by the same over-the-shoulder straps that connect the front of the vest to the back. I was going to add the pattern of perforated holes on the top surface of the collar like in the movie, but it was too much trouble for a detail that you can't really see once painted. And I didn't want to make huge holes since it ends up too distracting.

collar.jpg

Last edited:

man this is looking great! i love how you are really putting his posture into consideration to nail this feel!

Some pics of the collar mounted on body. Looks a little big, but once the shoulder pads are done - it should balance out. Once I add strap loops to the bottom of the collar - I can string the shoulder straps through them and pull tight so that the top of the back of the vest is pulled towards and under the back of the collar - eliminating the gap you see back there now.

collar2.jpg

Re: UPDATED WIP: Custom 1/6 Scale "Dredd 3D" Judge Dredd Figure - Sculpted Collar

I can't wait to get the motorcycle jacket and pants done so that I can attach the knee and elbow pads.

dredd_custom_figure_collar3.jpg

Last edited:
Re: UPDATED WIP: Custom Dredd 3D Judge Dredd Figure - Sculpted Collar

Using a placeholder helmet to test if everything so far is proportional to each other. The Raiders helmet used here is bigger than the Dredd helmet I'm making - but still looks good.

custom_dredd_helmet3.jpg
custom_dredd_helmet2.jpg

Last edited:
Re: UPDATED WIP Custom Dredd 3D Judge Dredd Figure - Sculpted Collar

Okay. Next update on Sunday where I'm shooting to have the motorcycle jacket and pants done hehe.

Looking totally awesome.

Thanks skooternb!

BTW: The boots shown are placeholder. And they are a little too big. I'm scratching building boots to look like the cool boots in the movie.

Tinister what did you use for arm part above the gloves , where he uses to look up the computer wrist ?

Hi unbreakable. What you see there is actually just placeholder. Just two pieces of thin vinyl that I sewed into cones. They don't look anything like the movie ones. Once I get the final ones done on Sunday - I'll post pics and show how I did it. It will look way better than this.

Last edited:

Hi unbreakable. What you see there is actually just placeholder. Just two pieces of thin vinyl that I sewed into cones. They don't look anything like the movie ones. Once I get the final ones done on Sunday - I'll post pics and show how I did it. It will look way better than this.

Thank you , can't wait to see them , thanks

Wow. Real treat to watch this unfold. Attention to detail and the finish of the parts is astounding. :bow

Oops. That pic was old. These are the cleaned up belt accessories. The folding knife/multi-tool and handcuff bundle should be done tomorrow.

custom_dredd_accessories2.jpg

this in insane level of detail, and to see it come together is awesome. can't wait to see it when its finished

Please, you need to mold them and sell castings to the Freaks around here. They look awesome.

Thanks Laney74! Once I'm done with this original figure and go into the production of the duplicate figures - I may have some available - but I don't like to promise it until I'm done and see how much time I have.

Oops. That pic was old. These are the cleaned up belt accessories. The folding knife/multi-tool and handcuff bundle should be done tomorrow.

custom_dredd_accessories2.jpg

As said by others, your detailing is great; but wasn't the Judge's grenades only containing 4 rows of holes? 3 on top and one bottom and the rest solid?

Great work, can't wait to see whats next. :clap

Just finished the handcuff bundle for the custom Dredd. These will be dangling from the belt between the second magazine holster and the concussion grenade dispenser.
I originally sculpted those little silver clasps, but the cuffs didn't dangle naturally because they were so light. So I swapped to use little squares of lead weights cut to size. They're just heavy enough to give the cuffs the weight to dangle more naturally.

custom_dredd_handcuffs2.jpg

Last edited:
Back