Custom Ball Jointed Battle Droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could we see some shots of him holding a blaster? :naughty
Here are some Pics for DP.
BD9.jpg

BD8.jpg

And for BRINN:
SL371365.jpg
SL371366.jpg
SL371368.jpg
SL371369.jpg
SL371371.jpg
SL371373.jpg

:clap that's SO much better looking than when you try to get the original BD to hold the blaster. Now I know I need to mod my BD and SBD.

Why on Earth couldn't Hasbro do this!? Great work!

Because even if it only cost an extra $1 per figure, that could have cost them several thousand bucks. Hasbro was a cheapo company that kind of skimped on a lot of stuff for their figures on multiple occasions. keep in mind that 12" star wars figures at this point in time were just toys for children to play with, and not designed for collectors with the ultimate and perfect representation of a character in 1/6 scale in mind.

I agree though, if Hasbro had added those joints, I would have bought a ton of 'em!

Woow he looks great Andre, I like the leg joints, you have done a great job I really struggled with the ball joints on the model one

Thanks Mark! Yea I tooled with the idea I came up with for the legs and the arms took me a bit to figure out was going to do to make it not so obvious. Hopefully I can get the head attached tonight. Pending the wife wont object to me going out to the garage and disappearing for a while lol

You know in not to sure. Give it a go man. The only thing I would tell you first is size up the parts and see how much you need to cut out of the arm socket and how much you need to sand off Oh the joint were the ball connects because you have to have a snug enough fit for the joint to glue correctly or it will be to week. If that makes sense lol.

I considered doing the same on a SBD when I did my Clanker , but what concerned me was the weight of the droids body . Having a nice tight joint is one thing , but I wonder whether the ball joints would be up to the job of holding the body in place . .:dunno

Ok real quick up date I put the forearm articulation in and now he is getting primed hopefully tonight I will have some pics up. I need to put another coat of primer on his head and body and he should be done with that part. YAY!!!

OK got him sprayed to the BD color now just waiting for that to stop being tacky so I can hit him with a matte clear coat then do all the weathering to him. Tomorrow tomorrow theres always tomorrow its only a......... night away lol

Back