Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Missed again...

If they do the $1 codes with only 30m active, next year I’m not bothering with it.

Maybe that’s the point.

Perhaps Sideshow is done with Spooktacular, and is trying to slowly wean folks off of it. I don’t know..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Missed again...

If they do the $1 codes with only 30m active, next year I’m not bothering with it.

Maybe that’s the point.

Perhaps Sideshow is done with Spooktacular, and is trying to slowly wean folks off of it. I don’t know..

It says you've been a member since 2014, but you must be new to these parts- almost every RP code SS has give out in the last year and a half has been available for five minutes or less.

It sucks that all but one of the Spook 2018 codes have only been worth $1, but making almost all of them available for 30 minutes or more is a big, big improvement over their recent history with RP codes.

I’d rather take my chances with a $10 codes that last a minute, than a $1 code that lasts 30

I would too, though I can remember (and I'm sure you do too) the complaints in this thread when they were releasing $2, $3, or $5 codes that lasted 1, 2, or 3 minutes. My point is- it's just not possible for SS to please everyone with RP codes, short of them going out of business after regularly releasing $100 codes that last seven days! :)

I think when they had $10 codes it is what kept people interested and alive and always checking everything SSC. But $1 codes are not at all worth losing any kind of sleep over.

Also I've noticed they are really FB heavy this year, with a chunk on twitter, but hardly anything worth while on instagram or pinterest. Maybe it's easier to stream their lives on FB?

Ugh...

These stupid $1 codes only come in the 30-45m I’m not check for them.

And if they are only going to do $1 at a time they might as well leave them active for the whole day.

I just put them as a VIP and get an audible notification. Works most times. Unless I'm in a plane like the last one I just missed.

I think when they had $10 codes it is what kept people interested and alive and always checking everything SSC. But $1 codes are not at all worth losing any kind of sleep over.

That’s the difference.

When the codes came more frequently and were for more points, it was worth staying glued to my computer & phone to get the codes before they expired. But this year I’m just checking every 15-45 minutes to see if there’s a new one. I have gotten more than half the codes this year but I’ve missed many, and one was the $5 code. [emoji1750]*[emoji3603]

Do you have a smart phone? If so, download the Tapatalk app, subscribe to the Non Banter thread and set up a notification, and then you'll get a notification (a sound, a banner, or both) every time someone posts there. No need to be glued to your computer.

That makes it very, very easy to get every code that SS releases, but it also makes it extra annoying when anyone posts ANYTHING in that thread that isn't a code! :slap

Do you have a smart phone? If so, download the Tapatalk app, subscribe to the Non Banter thread and set up a notification, and then you'll get a notification (a sound, a banner, or both) every time someone posts there. No need to be glued to your computer.

That makes it very, very easy to get every code that SS releases, but it also makes it extra annoying when anyone posts ANYTHING in that thread that isn't a code! :slap

That’s an excellent solution, but unfortunately it doesn’t work for me. I work in video production, and you learn quickly to keep all cell phone sounds off at all times. You don’t want to be the noob that ruined the recording because your phone went off during a shoot. [emoji1]

Back