Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings

Ah so you can post obnoxious unproductive stuff but no one else can?

You were one of the culprits of the idiocy. Take your medicine.

I have to shake my head. I don't remember anyone ever being so quick as to point out that they, themselves, are unproductive and obnoxious. Incidentally, I didn't previously level those accusations.

But that said… HDGuy and a few others are like the people that sneak into a peaceful rally and start to get tempers flaring,throwing the first stones to break everything down into chaos. I'll let everyone else be the judge of how unproductive and obnoxious my posts are. I'll tell you what's been unproductive this week - my work, much of which I had to slow or put put on hold to help other people get codes and participate in the promotion.

So, while I think you have no idea what you're talking about, we'll let others decide on that for themselves as well.

Last edited:

So you didn't post any fake codes or insult anyone?

I dunno, I thought the fake codes were funny. It was pretty obvious they were fake. It was just the n00bs who couldn't pick up on it.

It is also pretty pathetic for people to freak out about not getting $5 in rewards. If you need it that badly you should not be in this hobby.

Again I highly doubt every single CA inquiry was about fake codes but rather codes not working.

And now SS is likely to stop the practice altogether. Hope they were funny enough to justify that.

Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings

I don't know how any of you guys could start attacking Pixel after how much he helped with Spook this year, it's pretty shocking, if we don't get codes next year so be it, Sideshow will be losing out on a ton of sales on figures that will inevitably have go on sale for us to buy anyway.

I like turtles
Sent from The MaSSaCrE ArTiStRy AsyLuM using Tapatalk

Well hello handsome.

So

Where's the November $20 code?

Bwaaaaahahaaaa

I love how something awesome, like and event for free stuff for things we enjoy to collect, can turn into such an ugly mess. Internet trolls are real. Don't feed them!

Many heartfelt thanks to Shawn, Pixel, and everyone else who helped out and certainly made this better for me.

Deformed Drake disapproves!

3e03ca948c63de1757454d459cf64b3a.jpg

I'm just here for the codes guys. But this is for a few of you.

fe48ecc678e8133ce9b498f27a4d7e75.jpg

Thanks to everyone who posted and reposted legitimate codes...not that I wasn't also frantically checking Twitter and Facebook, but it certainly helped me get a few that I otherwise would have missed!

The price tag on the Red Five Luke Skywalker still kills me......:slap

Hell, even my Hasbro/Kenner figure versions came with a lightsaber & blaster pistol as accessories.

The price tag on the Red Five Luke Skywalker still kills me......:slap

That's a good example of a product with a price that will be helped by discount codes and points. The figure itself looks great, even if sparsely kitted.

That is entirely a possibility. The fake codes (fakegate) ;) were of course started in good fun while people were passing time (totally understandable and was all innocently started). It's unfortunate that fun can turn sour though. Unfortunately, having our CS department flooded with folks inquiring about fake codes causes issues (even more so when there are other customers trying to get through with all sorts of other inquires but can't and so on). Fakegate wasn't malicious of course it's just unfortunate that good fun ended up having a very bad side effect that those just having fun didn't intend. As such, having our CS bogged down due to an unfortunate situation will cause us to evaluate the future. Should we offer these kinds of codes in the future or not? Is the potential problematic side effects (that even we didn't foresee possible) minimal enough to still offer this kind of incentive or is it too much of an issue? Nothing is decided yes or no right now of course, so reward point codes may still happen in the future. It's possible they won't either.

-SideshowAlex

A possible solution would be for Sideshow to simply e-mail the codes to everyone who has an active account with them. If we get the code directly from them, it eliminates the question of its validity and there is no one to blame but ourselves if we fail to check our own e-mail. We can always DISCUSS the fact that there IS a new code, but refrain from listing it. Couldn't the moderator(s) enforce that?

I thought the fake codes were funny and entertaining. If people were relying on this forum for codes but can't take the jokes, should find another method of trying to get reward points without doing any work.

I can't believe people are freaking out about missing $5. I missed like four codes or something but I'm not going to whine and complain about not getting codes because I rather get my sleep and it's my fault for missing out. Not going to blame anyone else but me.

Thanks again to SSC for this fun and free event.

Back