Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would! I can't see SSC giving away 50 grand. lol

I hope this goes up soon. I have to leave for my final at school soon.

I don't have Twitter or anything, so I'm depending on peeps in this thread to post! Stay tunes. Hopefully, it will be soon.

I have twitter, but I rarely use it. I always embarrass myself trying to do these giveaways by forgetting to add something like a hashtag or whatever they are called.

:rotfl That sounds like something I would do. And that's probably the biggest reason why I don't have it. I get lured though by movie hype and giveaways so it's tempting, but in terms of keeping tabs with friends, it's not rewarding enough for me (which is kinda sad. :lol)
Right! Me too.

We're undermining SS's attempt to trend by posting codes here. :lol

Defeats the purpose, doesn't it? :lol

I never understood what a hashtag was for. I'm guessing it's the same purpose as the @ except it's not for a person but rather a thing?

I never understood what a hashtag was for. I'm guessing it's the same purpose as the @ except it's not for a person but rather a thing?

That's my understanding. :lol In an effort to start a trend on Twitter. It technically could be a person, but it's not directed at that person's account (in that case.) The '@' will direct you to an account, whereas the '#' won't. Typically though, you're right. It's more about a thing.

I've had Twitter and FB for years and hate both :lol

I think of a # as a subject or list title. Helps you find your tweets and others easier and keeps them all nice and neat in that particular subject.

Nice think about Sideshow keeping their exclusives up for months is that when one of the $20 off coupons comes up (which is pretty frequently) you can just cancel and get it for less.

As long as the item is less than $400 you do better than the reward point value you loose :lecture

A hash "tag" is literally a "tag" - it's a keyword and nothing more.

An @ is a preface to designate a user ID on twitter - not the same thing as the display name, which can be totally different and include spaces.

Last edited:
A hash "tag" is literally a "tag" - it's a keyword and nothing more.

An @ is a preface for to designate a user ID on twitter - not the same thing as the display name, which can be totally different and include spaces.

To heck with Collectorcol, I have to post. :lol

So when you make a Twitter account, do people see your user ID as well? I think that would get confusing, two names and all...because I am confused now. :lol

When you join twitter no one will know anything about you at all.

You create a user ID (the thing you will preface with the @ for people to mention you, etc.) and you pick a display name. You can change your display name at any time. There's nothing to be confused about. Generally speaking you can think of your ID as a nickname and your display name as your proper name. But you can of course pick anything you want for either of them - user ID has to be unique on the twitter service however.

When you join twitter no one will know anything about you at all.

You create a user ID (the thing you will preface with the @ for people to mention you, etc.) and you pick a display name. You can change your display name at any time. There's nothing to be confused about. Generally speaking you can think of your ID as a nickname and your display name as your proper name. But you can of course pick anything you want for either of them - user ID has to be unique on the twitter service however.

Ah! Okay, I get it now. So it's pretty much the display name that people address you by.

That is simple. I've been intimidated by Twitter for years, just because I didn't really understand it. :lol Makes sense though. I appreciate the clear up. :rock

Stool pigeon :slap :lol

:lol Seriously though, my thing is why people's user names aren't the same as their display names, which is why I get confused. If my display name is 'John Doe', I want my user name to be 'John Doe' not 'The Cool Marvel Guy.' But that just clears it up. If someone already took the user ID, then you're screwed. And that's why their display name is different. And likewise, it's also the name you '@' them with....which again, confused me until now. :lol

Back