Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kinda sucks. sideshow doesn't allow me to buy my favorite hot toys from them anymore and i have been trying to spend my rewards but it seems there's nothing for me to get.
Sideshow allowed me to purchase The Catwoman on Friday and Vito Corleone on Saturday. I was even shown a video of Sideshow employees giving me the thumbs up right after my purchases. Since I spent Christmas Eve and Christmas alone, that approbation made me tear up slightly. I said to them, even though I knew they could not hear me because they were pre-recorded, "Thank you Sideshow strangers. I have always depended on the kindness of strangers. Merry Christmas and here's hoping for a great 2022 Sideshow year that will lead me further into bankruptcy. " :lol

Last edited:
Just a question everyone, my friend was charged NRD for a fully RP covered figure.. Has that happened to any of you?
I looked at my PO for Hot Toys' Cyborg, which was all paid for by rewards, and it does show a NRD of $31...but it doesn't change the total, which is still $315....it does show a charge for shipping though, that's still outstanding.

I looked at my PO for Hot Toys' Cyborg, which was all paid for by rewards, and it does show a NRD of $31...but it doesn't change the total, which is still $315....it does show a charge for shipping though, that's still outstanding.
So apparently, the NRD will cover the shipping charge and you just have to pay whatever is left if needed. You learn something new every day! I also just bought me a HT BD Mark 85! Now one down two more selections to go!

I'm not sure if I'm reading your post right, but if you can pay the entire total for an item in rewards, the NRD will be covered. Otherwise, you'll have to pay the NRD with a credit card or gift card or whatever. Regardless of what happens with that, you will have a shipping charge, which rewards will never cover.

I'm not sure if I'm reading this right, but if you can pay the entire total for an item in rewards, the NRD will be covered. Otherwise, you'll have to pay the NRD with a credit card or gift card or whatever. Regardless of what happens with that, you will have a shipping charge, which rewards will never cover.
Pretty much yeah. RPs cover the figure. NRD is just a part of the cost of the figure. The rest of the cost (shipping, taxes, duties if applicable) you will have to pay with real money.

Pretty much yeah. RPs cover the figure. NRD is just a part of the cost of the figure. The rest of the cost (shipping, taxes, duties if applicable) you will have to pay with real money.
Actually, no taxes on any of the figures I've purchased with rewards, but they were with free ship and in stock. This is the first I had PO'd, with all rewards, and was surprised by that NRD as well. But like I said, even though it was present it didn't show any changes in the totals. The Cyborg deluxe is $315, and that is still the amount shown. What does show as a balance is the shipping.

Actually, no taxes on any of the figures I've purchased with rewards, but they were with free ship and in stock. This is the first I had PO'd, with all rewards, and was surprised by that NRD as well. But like I said, even though it was present it didn't show any changes in the totals. The Cyborg deluxe is $315, and that is still the amount shown. What does show as a balance is the shipping.

Wow you guys get HT's Tax free? jeez! lol.

Are they still giving out promo codes for $$ off or have they entirely switched to social media live stuff? I've finally found something to cash out but an extra (fill in dollar amount here) would sure be appreciated if it's about to expire and you're not using. Thanks in advance.

Oh also, if you choose installments, do you need to still use all the points you intend for that order, or do you have an opportunity to add more later? (You can tell I don't buy a lot from them lol)

Do you have to actually add the points (and if you do but don't complete check out are they still used up?) to check?

I haven't paid any NRDs or taxes on the two items I ordered with 100% reward points. I just had to pay the cost of shipping.
Nice! It's just I'm not in the US. So idk if that is applicable to me. Do you think it is because you don't pay any real money for the figure that's why it is tax exempt?

Last edited:
Nice! It's just I'm not in the US. So idk if that is applicable to me. Do you think it is because you don't pay any real money for the figure that's why it is tax exempt?
Whenever I have used reward points, the only amount that was taxed was actual dollars that came out of my pocket to cover the difference. So I'd think it's safe to assume if you were able to get a figure with just all reward points, I don't think you'd pay taxes on it. I'm in the states so unsure how it'd go for your location.

When you use your points it will be deducted from your point total.
Right but you can't actually "use" the points if you don't fully complete checkout right? Just hitting "apply" to see how it's all going to work before payment doesn't make them leave your balance correct? I haven't fully decided the best way to go about this or which item(s) to purchase just yet. In other words, you can try different things and as long as you don't complete checkout nothing is actually "spent" correct?

Back