Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
coming back to this thread when spook is over....
tenor.gif

Nabbed $49, and all I had to do was to set notification up on my phone. Not bad! Thanks to all the code posters

Congrats on getting all 29 codes! I missed three of the $1 middle-of-the-night codes, so I ended up with $46 total. $49 isn't the $60 or $79 we were hoping for (based on past years' Spook RP totals), but that's still a great amount of free money for (yes, it's true) minimal effort, and I know of no other company who gives that kind of money away, especially in just seven days!

Even though I (and most people in this thread) was worried after seeing $1 codes (and just two on the opening day of Spook!), they started to add up, and of course SS threw in some $5 codes to boost the total. Yes, they had some silly issues with posting invalid codes and some $5 codes not being active for as long as they posted on social media (and of course I miss the $5 newsletter codes!), but they were pretty generous in how they gave them out-

-Almost every code was valid for 30 minutes (unlike the 1-5 minutes of availability that they regularly had been doing in 2017 and 2018),
-They often hinted very strongly or straight up told us in advance what times upcoming codes would be released
-Codes were almost always released at the top or bottom of the hour and during the opening few minutes of almost every live show of the event (making their release relatively predictable)
-They even gave out helpful information at helpful times ("this is the last code of Spook", "no code this show" or "no code until [XYZ time]" at the beginning of live shows instead of waiting until the end or not saying anything at all, etc.) that was actually true, which they often haven't done

THANK YOU to everyone who kept an eye out for codes and posted them here and (especially) in the Non-Banter thread!! You da real MVPs!!!

And in case anyone is curious, here are some random stats/a summary of the codes SS gave out during Spook 2018:

-29 codes total for a final tally of $49
-5 $5 codes, 24 $1 codes
-2 codes Wednesday the 24th (Pacific time)
-4 codes Thursday
-5 codes Friday
-3 codes Saturday
-2 codes Sunday
-5 codes Monday
-4 codes Tuesday
-4 codes Wednesday the 31st
-12 codes in the chats of their live shows
-17 codes on their social media platforms

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 171
Only missed a single $1 one! Thanks to everyone who contributed to the email list!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

how were they giving out the codes in chat? Were they flashing them on the screen or verbally calling them out? Or were they hand written on a card and they panned in on them?

24 $1 codes just seems odd and stupid iyam. Why not just do 12 $2 codes. And why give $49 out? Seems like one of the $1 codes messed up and it should have been an even $50 total given out.

They typed out the codes and posted them in the chats of both the Facebook and YouTube live shows. That's how they have always given out codes during their live show (with one exception I can think of when they had it written down on paper and showed it on camera, but then people watching just posted it in the chat).

That's why I never actually watch the live shows, I just open them up and just have the chats visible off to the side. I have never heard or seen anything they're showing off during the show itself.

Congrats on getting all 29 codes! I missed three of the $1 middle-of-the-night codes, so I ended up with $46 total. $49 isn't the $60 or $79 we were hoping for (based on past years' Spook RP totals), but that's still a great amount of free money for (yes, it's true) minimal effort, and I know of no other company who gives that kind of money away, especially in just seven days!

Even though I (and most people in this thread) was worried after seeing $1 codes (and just two on the opening day of Spook!), they started to add up, and of course SS threw in some $5 codes to boost the total. Yes, they had some silly issues with posting invalid codes and some $5 codes not being active for as long as they posted on social media (and of course I miss the $5 newsletter codes!), but they were pretty generous in how they gave them out-

-Almost every code was valid for 30 minutes (unlike the 1-5 minutes of availability that they regularly had been doing in 2017 and 2018),
-They often hinted very strongly or straight up told us in advance what times upcoming codes would be released
-Codes were almost always released at the top or bottom of the hour and during the opening few minutes of almost every live show of the event (making their release relatively predictable)
-They even gave out helpful information at helpful times ("this is the last code of Spook", "no code this show" or "no code until [XYZ time]" at the beginning of live shows instead of waiting until the end or not saying anything at all, etc.) that was actually true, which they often haven't done

THANK YOU to everyone who kept an eye out for codes and posted them here and (especially) in the Non-Banter thread!! You da real MVPs!!!

And in case anyone is curious, here are some random stats/a summary of the codes SS gave out during Spook 2018:

-29 codes total for a final tally of $49
-5 $5 codes, 24 $1 codes
-2 codes Wednesday the 24th (Pacific time)
-4 codes Thursday
-5 codes Friday
-3 codes Saturday
-2 codes Sunday
-5 codes Monday
-4 codes Tuesday
-4 codes Wednesday the 31st
-12 codes in the chats of their live shows
-17 codes on their social media platforms

Thanks for keeping track and summarizing this Spooktacular!

While the total is lower than last year, I really appreciate the much longer entry windows. Even if some were cut shorter than advertised there was no panic to get it like years past. I also feel like that they were released on a loose schedule instead of entirely randomly, also making it easier to get them all.

Much thanks to everyone that contributed in passing along the codes... and a super thank you to the email chain gang!

I made $30 exactly. Missed 2 $5 codes by just minutes (in meeting and out trick or treatin' ;)). Well down from years past but still a nice chunk of change.

Thanks everyone for your efforts

That Thanos costume looks fantastic First Pick, great work!

I got $3 in reward codes, that makes $3 in free RP this year. I also entered their contests, zilch.
I could've tried a little harder, but the damn pain in my shoulder just made me not care. At least it's feeling much better now, raking leaves seemed to help.

Thanks to everyone sending codes through the email alert! I didn't get much but the work is still very much appreciated!

Back