Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC: List of Spook codes in 1st post

I've never been in a physical Hastings store since there is none in south Florida, but I have ordered stacks of used dvds and blu-rays from their website. Definitely will be missed

I'm just happy that my pal TexasFinest got me the HT Thor TDW for $140 shipped. Those are the deals I'd bite on at this point :duff

I ordered the Mandarin too! I brought it further down to $99.99 with the $20 code that came with my Hot Toys BvS Batman. It also gave back $27 reward points?!?! Ahaha score!

Yeah totally snagged a Mandarin, at that price I kinda had to! (Well that and I rather guiltily enjoyed what they did with the jokiness of the part, despite disliking the film overall. I never appreciated the Oriental stereotype of the comic character, being half Chinese myself.)

I had zero problem with the Ben Kingsley in the part or what he appeared to be in trailers, I actually loved the depiction, but that twist at the end really sucked. They took the main villain of Iron Man and turned him into a joke.

I bought him and simply ignore the twist to pretend that Trevor Slattery was appropriating the Mandarin's actual appearance, that's what the real Mandarin always looked and sounded like.

Not interested in the Mandarin ... (love Kingsley generally and really loved him in the first half of the movie, but hated the second) ... BUT I would love that chair for my Game of Thrones display. You never find that thing on eBay for less than $60.

But with this deal I could get the chair, a figure body and a bunch of spare parts. Hmm. Tempting, but I think I need to pass.

With my $50 off code it would be Mandarin almost for free. But as EU resident the shipping also $50 is stop sign for me.

Looks like I'll be missing out today. I have to leave for a few hours and it's during prime code time. Good luck to those who snag one!

Last edited:

I ordered the Mandarin too! I brought it further down to $99.99 with the $20 code that came with my Hot Toys BvS Batman. It also gave back $27 reward points?!?! Ahaha score!

Thanks for the idea! Just did the same thing! $99.99 for this with free shipping cant beat it!

Finally got the Mandarin e-mail myself , I have to say if you collect iron men (which I don't currently) , this has to be a must buy. Kingsley was awesome even if marvel can't write a villain well for ****

Thanks for the idea! Just did the same thing! $99.99 for this with free shipping cant beat it!

I did something similar with Kylo Ren. SS altered the order before shipping to remove the coupon. They said that coupon codes can't be used on items that already have a promotion.

Any international collector who can give me an info if UPS is cheaper than FedEx? Sideshow is offering UPS as alternative carrier.

I wish I would of had a hastings by me so I could have gotten some great discounted hot toys figures on close out

The problem with my local store was that by the time stuff had dropped to a decent price the good figures were gone. Downside of Hastings is they always charged full retail and then you get (in Oklahoma) hit with 8.25% sales tax.

I think it's waitlisted now....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Ah, no ****, eh? That's alright. I guess they just wanted to clear out the rest. Probably for the better - made two orders this week. Don't NEED him.

I had zero problem with the Ben Kingsley in the part or what he appeared to be in trailers, I actually loved the depiction, but that twist at the end really sucked. They took the main villain of Iron Man and turned him into a joke.

I bought him and simply ignore the twist to pretend that Trevor Slattery was appropriating the Mandarin's actual appearance, that's what the real Mandarin always looked and sounded like.

I'm sort of hoping that with the introduction of Strange to the MCU - the additional twist in that Marvel short (the prison one) might actually come to fruition, just in a way that bares in mind that racist stereotypes for villains aren't really okay anymore!

Back