Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings SP00KY15 $20 code

pro_design1 - $626
Stshammgod - $350
Galaxysupreme - $776 US
berratt - $277
Aumakua - $2304.38
korrick uscm - $150
mongoose - $525
Shawpaw $509
Positron $305
Bonestockbrz $928
darkknight - $278.49
Devlinboy $288
xequae - $162
evenflow - $279
Luse - $370
link2195 - $468
hokietwo - $1501
Sidewinder - $621
c3r1h5 - $654
chisoxcollector - $260.60
Ajkhunter - $625
The Rage - $163
De@df00l - $157

Slacker292 - $1077

"we process your orders next week. You will be given a store credit/refund for the correct discount that should have been applied."

I would not be so sure.

Your orders are being processed next week. So... that is a few days wait.

They may not cancel the orders... but rather give you store credit for the difference.... but that makes no sense....

I guess you all will soon find out next week. For now they are safe.

Hope you all get the deal.

I don't think I'll believe it till they ship my figures lol. I mean I bought 3 Aou figures, they weren't dead stock at all.

So no glitch honoring then? Sorry to repost. Thread is moving way quick.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

"we process your orders next week. You will be given a store credit/refund for the correct discount that should have been applied."

I would not be so sure.

They may not cancel the orders... but rather give you store credit for the difference....

man you ******** for not hitting buy or what? :lol

Only on orders that didn't get the 20% off.

I would not be so sure.

They may not cancel the orders... but rather give you store credit for the difference....

Store credit being applied would imply that they aren't giving some customers ENOUGH discount. If they're talking about refunds, that means those of us who got the 40% discount should be good.

My apologies if that's what you meant.

Based on their facebook update they are going to let the discounts stand. The people that ordered and did not get proper discounts are going to get credits/refunds next week. I think we are in the clear. Again they only had that sale up for about 2 hours when pandamodium struck.

No, their FB post about the sale went up 14 hours ago.

Their current FB posts don't say anything about the "glitch." Buying Tauntaun definitely costs $50 more now than it did during the glitch. But the site page shows discounts for it. The main page shows $499.99 crossed out to $399.99. That is 20% off. But put it in your cart now and it drops to $363.63. That's 9.09% lower than the discounted price. I have no idea why it drops to that number. But during the time of the glitch, it had to be dropping even lower because when I tested checkout on it back then the final total was over $50 less in U.S. dollars than it shows as now.

Their current FB posts don't say anything about the "glitch." Buying Tauntaun definitely costs $50 more now than it did during the glitch. But the site page shows discounts for it. The main page shows $499.99 crossed out to $399.99. That is 20% off. But put it in your cart now and it drops to $363.63. That's 9.09% lower than the discounted price. I have no idea why it drops to that number. But during the time of the glitch, it had to be dropping even lower because when I tested checkout on it back then the final total was over $50 less in U.S. dollars than it shows as now.
This is the gst that foreigners do not pay.

Store credit being applied would imply that they aren't giving some customers ENOUGH discount. If they're talking about refunds, that means those of us who got the 40% discount should be good.

My apologies if that's what you meant.

They are stating anyone that ordered during the timeframe that the adjustment was being made to make each item 20% will get their discount in credit/refund. The ones that got the 40% are done. They will NOT go honor that. It was a glitch and either you got it or you didn't.

This is so funny. I guarantee most of you are not repeat customers. The Aussie dollar has dropped from parity to 70c over the last couple of years. 90% of the stock you are all buying was hedged in at a much higher exchange rate and you are reaping the benefit of the dollar crash. That's great, but all new product added to the site is based off current exchange rates so with Popcultcha adding in their margin on a new item you are looking at around the same or higher than buying from Sideshow (with no EX's - not sure how they got EX Hoth Luke, that's the first time I've ever seen them sell a SS EX) plus a 2-3 month delay as that's how long after Sideshow PC usually get their stock. Outside of a sale or a US domestically sold out item, pretty much none of you are buying from them again. Enjoy the discounts, because they are awesome, but lets not try and justify glitch pricing by claiming to now be a lifelong customer or that you did them a favor by buying a glitched item (except your guys who bought Tonto and Nolan, you probably made their day :lol). These weren't loss leaders, just mistakes and good on PC for honoring them.

Correct it was doubling. it was 40%

The 9% is removed VAT when you select the United States for shipping. If you choose Australia that 9% is added back.

$181.84 for an AOU Hawkeye is not bad at all. I might still place my order.

Amazon had a major price glitch like this not too long ago on the Masterpiece Bumblebee.

And Mattycollector has them frequently.

As does Hasbrotoyshop.com...

All huge companies... And in each case, they didn't honor the error.

Not saying the same will happen here- But I wouldn't count on them keeping the orders either. If the 40% off is greater than their dicount on these items, they will be taking a pretty huge loss. And for a "regular sized" mail order business, they may not have the option to take that kind of hit... Regardless if it makes some folks unhappy.

I hope you guys get the stuff... But at the same time I hope that they have enough financial footing to take the loss if they do.

Sallah

man you ******** for not hitting buy or what? :lol

No, if you actually read my post I said I hope you all get the deal, but you just seem to count your chickens before they hatch...

$60 shipped via ECI for 4 HT figures is not too shabby at all

Amazon had a major price glitch like this not too long ago on the Masterpiece Bumblebee.

And Mattycollector has them frequently.

As does Hasbrotoyshop.com...

All huge companies... And in each case, they didn't honor the error.

Not saying the same will happen here- But I wouldn't count on them keeping the orders either. If the 40% off is greater than their dicount on these items, they will be taking a pretty huge loss. And for a "regular sized" mail order business, they may not have the option to take that kind of hit... Regardless if it makes some folks unhappy.

I hope you guys get the stuff... But at the same time I hope that they have enough financial footing to take the loss if they do.

Sallah

This is what I think. But don't say anything. You will be perceived as ****** for not hitting buy.

This is so funny. I guarantee most of you are not repeat customers. The Aussie dollar has dropped from parity to 70c over the last couple of years. 90% of the stock you are all buying was hedged in at a much higher exchange rate and you are reaping the benefit of the dollar crash. That's great, but all new product added to the site is based off current exchange rates so with Popcultcha adding in their margin on a new item you are looking at around the same or higher than buying from Sideshow (with no EX's - not sure how they got EX Hoth Luke, that's the first time I've ever seen them sell a SS EX) plus a 2-3 month delay as that's how long after Sideshow PC usually get their stock. Outside of a sale or a US domestically sold out item, pretty much none of you are buying from them again. Enjoy the discounts, because they are awesome, but lets not try and justify glitch pricing by claiming to now be a lifelong customer or that you did them a favor by buying a glitched item (except your guys who bought Tonto and Nolan, you probably made their day :lol). These weren't loss leaders, just mistakes and good on PC for honoring them.

Beg to differ but I have been buying from them for years. Their weak currency has been benficial to me and they also have had rare items like the cobra commander throne which was the first piece I bought from them. They also have their discount points that is 10% off your total order. That is for pre-order or in stock. So as long as the currency is beneficial OR the instock item prices are good to me I will continue to purchase from them.

Their shipping to my door is cheaper than getting it from California from Sideshow. So sorry you aren't getting the benefit but these are great prices on current and much wanted items.

Back