Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings SP00KY15 $20 code

From Popcultcha's Facebook:
Hey Halloweeners! It should come as no surprise by now that we are having a technical glitch with the sale! The 20% discount is now showing on the in-stock products and is not taken off at the check-out. There are some in-stock items that are not showing the correct discount, if you have purchased these at full price during the sale, we will honour the discounted price when we process your orders next week. You will be given a store credit/refund for the correct discount that should have been applied. We are working hard to fix this issue and we will have a resolution shortly. In the meantime, go nuts on all the stuff discounted, we don't do this often, so now's your chance. Happy Halloween Folks... sorry for the tricks... bring on the treats!!

Based on their facebook update they are going to let the discounts stand. The people that ordered and did not get proper discounts are going to get credits/refunds next week. I think we are in the clear. Again they only had that sale up for about 2 hours when pandamodium struck.

I know we can do some damage in a short window of time but lets face it the **** that just moved has been sitting there and i am sure they wanted to get rid of that dead and excess stock. They are not loosing money. They shipping and FX they are getting from US/ROW orders are still substantial offsets to the overall order volume. I think we are fine.

Yeah it could be a small variance $34 is close to $39. Some figures have loaded costs like the chitauri they are like $40 bucks to ship. It has to do with weight, so Groot was a heavy figure and proably cost like $19-$21.

Maybe this was a "strategic" glitch to steal some customers away from Sideshow

pro_design1 - $626
Stshammgod - $350
Galaxysupreme - $776 US
berratt - $277
Aumakua - $2304.38
korrick uscm - $150
mongoose - $525
Shawpaw $509
Positron $305
Bonestockbrz $928
darkknight - $278.49
Devlinboy $288
xequae - $162
evenflow - $279
Luse - $370
link2195 - $468
hokietwo - $1501
Sidewinder - $621
c3r1h5 - $654
chisoxcollector - $260.60
Ajkhunter - $625
The Rage - $163
De@df00l - $157

Yeah it could be a small variance $34 is close to $39. Some figures have loaded costs like the chitauri they are like $40 bucks to ship. It has to do with weight, so Groot was a heavy figure and proably cost like $19-$21.
Groot is what, like 16" tall and solid? I know he doesn't fit in a detolf upright. So I wasn't surprised.

That being said, if I understand right and they honor this, Popcultcha just got a repeat customer out of me.

How many codes were there today?

Maybe this was a "strategic" glitch to steal some customers away from Sideshow

It worked!

They probably moved more product in 2 hours than SSC did in 4 days.

Perhaps if Sideshow puts out a $30 RP code people would start paying attention to them again.

Groot is what, like 16" tall and solid? I know he doesn't fit in a detolf upright. So I wasn't surprised.

That being said, if I understand right and they honor this, Popcultcha just got a repeat customer out of me.

and that is why they will keep the orders. Look at it as a marketing expense for them. All the free word of mouth advertising now from this board and facebook. Its worth much more than the little scratch we got off the figures.

Its all about pull-through boys and girls! Repeat customers is the lifeblood for companies.

It worked!

They probably moved more product in 2 hours than SSC did in 4 days.
Sideshow is lucky if they moved a fraction of what Pop just did. No one here (at least that I'm aware of) bit for any of those deals.

and that is why they will keep the orders. Look at it as a marketing expense for them. All the free word of mouth advertising now from this board and facebook. Its worth much more than the little scratch we got off the figures.
Absolutely, couldn't agree more. Sideshow is great for some things like payment plans (does pop have those?) and I certainly will shop with them still, but I definitely will comparatively do so.

No Star Wars in stock!? Noooooo!!!

They're only mentioning about people not getting the discount at all, not the ones getting the double discount.
They won't process orders till next week, do they even know about the 40%?

So if they are letting the discounts stand does that mean those of us that order now will get an additional 20 off on top of the 20 already off. Or just means those who got their orders in before the glitch will get to keep it.

Based on their facebook update they are going to let the discounts stand. The people that ordered and did not get proper discounts are going to get credits/refunds next week. I think we are in the clear. Again they only had that sale up for about 2 hours when pandamodium struck.

Customer service like this is what will make me shop from them again and again. Mistakes happen, but the responsibility of owning up to them, and running business the right way gains loyal customers.

So if they are letting the discounts stand does that mean those of us that order now will get an additional 20 off on top of the 20 already off. Or just means those who got their orders in before the glitch will get to keep it.

unfortunately you will get no glitch. They will only honor orders that did NOT get the 20% because they freaked out and did not have it available for the order totals while they were placing it on the items.

Back