Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings SPOOK is coming!

tumblr_mzbtmdyP6Z1rqd0kpo1_400.gif
Is that Howard Chan?
Nah, Dude. That's Jack Nicholson.

Thanks again to pixel for keeping the emails going, can't wait for spooktacular, regardless of how many (if any) reward codes go out, its a fun time just to be keyed in on it just waiting for a code and having some fun in this thread.

Email list is now closed, I still have some messages to get through.

The collection just keeps growing!

I have seen a lot of pictures of people that use IKEA shelves to display their collection of sixth scale figures. Is that the only place to find reasonably appropriate display cases?

Re: The collection just keeps growing!

I have seen a lot of pictures of people that use IKEA shelves to display their collection of sixth scale figures. Is that the only place to find reasonably appropriate display cases?

I've seen other options but none with the same bang for your buck as IKEA. Each of the detolfs is only like 60-70 bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IKEA just has decent prices on a few decent options, but there are many products available and many manufacturers producing cabinets - then there's also the custom route, either DIY or contractor.

Do a search for "glass cube display unit" to see some decent prices on some modular pieces - the sites will also have different formats available if you dig into them a bit.

Yeah I agree. IKEA's really got some great display options. Outside of the detolf, there's also a lot of great mountable cabinets that they make glass fronts for - bookcases, TV stands, etc - you'd really just need to go down there and mill around to get ideas. That's what I did.

I still want to get some of those detolf light strips for mine. Bad lighting is why I never take pics of my figures.

I settled for the cappuccino glass curios on Amazon. Free shipping and they are good enough for me. No led lights but still nice.

I settled for the cappuccino glass curios on Amazon. Free shipping and they are good enough for me. No led lights but still nice.

Not bad, exactly like a Detolf. If you have an Ikea anywhere near you though, you can get two Detolfs for the same price. The closest Ikea to me is about two hours away, so every six months or so I just make a day trip out of it.

So when do you think we'll hear something official about spook, day of? lol

Pixel, will you put out a test email again to make sure everything is set/everyone who responded is still on the list?

Also, any news of a Spooky facebook group this year?

So when do you think we'll hear something official about spook, day of? lol

There was an e-mail that went out yesterday saying that it would be the 26th to the 31st:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/events/spooktacular?utm_source=bronto&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Image+-+Spooktacular+-+October+26th+-+31st!&utm_content=Image+-+Spooktacular+-+October+26th+-+31st!&utm_campaign=101515news

Last year they started doing some 20% or 30% off sales the week leading up to spook too I think

They did. Just a handful of figures though.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

The armory is sure to be discounted again, but I wonder what the chances are of the Bruce one hitting 40% off with free shipping.

The armory is sure to be discounted again, but I wonder what the chances are of the Bruce one hitting 40% off with free shipping.

Last year the discounted some items and then further discounted the same items later in the week. So, say 20% off on Monday and then 30% off on Thursday. That doesn't guarantee they'll do the same this year though.

I bet marty sees a 30%

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Chicky is giving away a Stealth Cap on Twitter this morning.

Back