Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings May code is AVENGE2015

I wish Robocop had free shipping in addition to the 20% off. It's still a decent deal and I may consider getting it.

Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings May code is AVENGE2015

^^i keep looking at that figure too. I'll wait until spook and see what deals there are on all the different robocop stuff.

I wish Robocop had free shipping in addition to the 20% off. It's still a decent deal and I may consider getting it.

I think the % off and the double rewards + free shipping deals are separate now so it's either or. I think the 20% off is better overall.

"Sponsored Review" is like an "Overview" which not only this industry, but a lot of others, have come to call "Reviews" - they include the analysis, the highlights and details, without the critical component. It's a showcasing/promotional activity. Nothing wrong with that and in this case in particular, I think it's all really above board and transparent. Viewers get to see the figures and hear about them, while left to make up their own judgements.

Yeah so not true reviews. Just a fluff piece on TV ... it doesn't do much but support the product and pretty much try to endorse a sale via a soft overview.

Just like... "celebrity endorsed" infomercials and the like where the "celebrity" is used to charm the uninformed public into purchasing a product. Sadly in this case Sideshow is using the cuteness that is being promoted by cofphoto' use of his son to charm the uninformed public.

This varies greatly from a private review where a collector purchases a product and performs an in-depth review with true pros and cons that will benefit true collectors with the decision of a future purchase.

I watch clippers reviews...over a few days time lol.

Xenomorphs, I watch for the high quality look.

Optibotimus I'll watch if he gets a figure I'm expecting and I want to see it again.

When reading reviews I'll skip to the ending comments and look at the purdy pictures[emoji14]

Watch "Review Dude". This is an obvious self plug haha

I think the % off and the double rewards + free shipping deals are separate now so it's either or. I think the 20% off is better overall.
With the 20% off it sounds good then add the high shipping cost because it's die cast and that discount is not so good anymore.

Me and my eight year old are available for free statues... Errrr I mean reviews.

Just don't send us an IP, we can't polish turds :D

I'm in the same boat with Robocop. I want it, but even at 20% off it's too high. If I could get it for around $200 shipped, then I would have a hard time resisting. Seems like he's one of the ones really clogging up warehouse space, though (even Banner lost a lot of the discounts that used to be applied to him), so I'm thinking that we may get a sweeter deal by holding out.

I'm waiting for a good deal for DOFP Wolvie or AOU Cap. If I miss out, then I'm okay with that.

Thanks for discussing what you do, cofphoto. I don't see anything wrong with that--just another way for Sideshow to advertise and put the word out on their products. I can usually tell with your kind of showcases if I'm going to like something or if something looks off or doesn't seem to work well, based on how the figure handles, whether the reviewer points it out or not.

I do think Michael Crawford provides well balanced reviews. He points out faults without being obnoxious and hateful. Some people when they review a figure sound way too angry and bitter about a figure's problems, which makes me think they have something personal against the figure or the company behind it. It sounds completely biased and therefore can't take it seriously.

Getting free figures in exchange for "reviews" sounds glamorous and all, but reviews are a lot more work than you would think. Me just writing up my thoughts on a figure when I first get it, and taking a few casual shots takes a bit of time. If I wanted to make it more professional and presentable for a wide audience, it would take several hours. I would literally earn that "free" figure based on the amount of time and effort I would have put into a review.

Yeah, I did some reviews of Minimates years back, and those things were grueling. Took me hours to take all the pics I needed and write up my reviews.

Yep, reviews do take a lot of work... at least an hour or two for photos and editing, then another couple of hours writing and editing it all together.

It can be fun to do, but I can't imagine doing it all the time :lol

Hey while my 9 year old is getting so much press, good and bad, here is his Youtube page. Click Subscribe!

Gavin Richter - YouTube

Nothing but nerdy stuff - product reviews, movie reviews etc.

I'm sure it is a lengthy process to do a full review. If I had to give up an evening to make one in exchange for a figure, I'd consider it a fair exchange.

Considering how much I used to make back when I was a Real Photographer (when such a thing existed) I'm definitely making waaaay less doing this. ;)

My dream is to become a pro nature and wildlife photographer. So far I've made zero dollars from my hobby. I wish I knew how to turn it into a profit.

Considering how much I used to make back when I was a Real Photographer (when such a thing existed) I'm definitely making waaaay less doing this. ;)

I was just mentioning that to someone today. I'm a graphic designer and photographers nowadays don't get too much respect. Clients choke when we give them a quote for a good stock photo, not to mention a (reasonable) quote for a photo shoot with an actual photographer! Besides having clients suggest I use their horribly crappy snapshots and even crappier cell phone pics (and tiny, low res ones at that), I've had them say, "can't we just take one off Google?"

Back