COULD DARTH MAUL HAVE BEEN IN THE REST OF THE PREQUELS?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Outer_Rim said:
I don´t see Anakin as a corrupt Jedi, but a kid with great powers that has become arrogant due to Palpatine´s tutelage.

EDIT:I mean, Palpy was twisting Anakin´s mind slowly since the end of TPM. Just when he took Dooku as his apprentice.

isn't that corrupt from the jedi's POV? even yoda dislike him from the beginning before anakin met palpy. and anakin was sort of forced into the jedi family by quigon

minivader said:
isn't that corrupt from the jedi's POV? even yoda dislike him from the beginning before anakin met palpy. and anakin was sort of forced into the jedi family by quigon

Forced? I seem to remember a certain little boy yelling "Yipee!" when he learned he was being "forced" to join the Jedi. :tap :lol

minivader said:

But that doesnt mean he is corrupted. Anakin was an inocent kid that, in Shmi own words, knows nothing of greed. The Council dislike Anakin because he is too old. In any case if you consider Anakin corrupt or arrogant at the time of AOTC, it is because of Palpatine.

I dont think Darth Maul could have been in the rest of the PT. He was cut in half.

Anakin was an innocent KID, but when he turned there's no excuse. Yeah, Palpatine "twisted" him but he still had a CHOICE (as we learned in Spider-Man 3:cool: ) and it was a choice he made as a full grown adult, he knew what he was doing by the time he stoped Windu.

Anakin was doing the will of the Force.

He was the chosen one and brought balance to the Force, maybe NOT the way that the Jedi were expecting it to happen, but hey that's life. The Jedi Order needed to be "rebooted" , if Anakin stayed good and killed the Emperor, the Order would have remained the same. By eliminating the Sith and pretty much the Jedi, Luke was able to fulfill the new direction that the Force wanted the Jedi Order to follow.

I know, a pretty dorky answer :lol

Darthrazz said:

He was the chosen one and brought balance to the Force, maybe NOT the way that the Jedi were expecting it to happen, but hey that's life. The Jedi Order needed to be "rebooted" , if Anakin stayed good and killed the Emperor, the Order would have remained the same. By eliminating the Sith and pretty much the Jedi, Luke was able to fulfill the new direction that the Force wanted the Jedi Order to follow.

I know, a pretty dorky answer :lol

Nope. You are spot on correct. Qui-Gon said that the Jedi couldn't fight a war. Qui-Gon was in touch with the force and whatever his personal feelings may have been he chose to follow the living force. Whereas Yoda, Windu, et al. chose to use the force to wage a war and walk right into Sidious' trap. The Jedi order was using the force to its own end just like a sith does. Hence the force was out of balance.

No, whoz da geek? :lol

pixletwin said:
Nope. You are spot on correct. Qui-Gon said that the Jedi couldn't fight a war. Qui-Gon was in touch with the force and whatever his personal feelings may have been he chose to follow the living force. Whereas Yoda, Windu, et al. chose to use the force to wage a war and walk right into Sidious' trap. The Jedi order was using the force to its own end just like a sith does. Hence the force was out of balance.

:lol :rotfl :lol

I had forgotten that qoute from Qui-Gon. He seemed to the only Jedi making any sense!

Darthrazz said:
:lol :rotfl :lol

I had forgotten that qoute from Qui-Gon. He seemed to the only Jedi making any sense!

Yup. Qui-Gon becomes a master to both Obi-Wan and Yoda. Qui-Gon= :rock

Darthrazz said:

He was the chosen one and brought balance to the Force, maybe NOT the way that the Jedi were expecting it to happen, but hey that's life. The Jedi Order needed to be "rebooted" , if Anakin stayed good and killed the Emperor, the Order would have remained the same. By eliminating the Sith and pretty much the Jedi, Luke was able to fulfill the new direction that the Force wanted the Jedi Order to follow. l

Agree. The Jedi are no longer keepers of the peace but warriors that accept violence and treachery as weapon to fight the Dark Side.

Outer_Rim said:
Agree. The Jedi are no longer keepers of the peace but warriors that accept violence and treachery as weapon to fight the Dark Side.

OH its like music to my ears to read that people are finally getting this. :rock

realgrevious.jpg

pixletwin said:

I so agree with you guys... That's why even though Anakin was doing some evil stuff, it was still serving a purpose. The Force works in mysterious ways. Things needed to change, Anakin was a tool to get that started....

As for Maul, they really should have exercised a bit more finesse in that situation. A really good steady villain that is not just Sidious in the background, would have helped the films in my opinion and given us more to chew on... besides just random baddies who are destined to die quickly and before being fully developed. Maul was perfect to fill that role, he could have been something more..

I also think the PT suffers from a lack of Qui Gon in his spirit form. They really should have kept that scene in the book, but had him appear to Yoda. That would have been a lot easier for people to take in and would have brought things full circle.

DarkArtist81 said:
I so agree with you guys... That's why even though Anakin was doing some evil stuff, it was still serving a purpose. The Force works in mysterious ways. Things needed to change, Anakin was a tool to get that started....

Once people realize that the force is neither good nor evil, it is just right, than alot of what happens in the movies makes more sense. :lol

Back