CoolProps Wolf Predator LifeSize Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe you guys are complaining about hot chicks and life size predator busts :rotfl
What is best in life Conan?

I'm also surprised how none complains about Wolf's weird expression on his face so far.

Oh wait, it's very movie-accurated.

PF1.jpg

:wink1:

The more I look at this one, the less I like it. CP need to re-tool this one I think. And they really need to figure out how to sculpt dreadlocks...

Do people want a statue, or a prop? Because you cant have both. Do you want a 1:1 latex head with movable dreads that will deteriorate over time, or a statue, thats obviously not made of the same materials as the suit but will last for years and years but obviously doesnt look as good? This isnt aimed at anybody. But im curious. Going thread to thread i observe people who want statues, but they want the statues to look like the suit. Which isnt really possible because they dont share any of the same materials.Would people rather latex heads, or polystone statues?

To answer your question, I want a statue.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Do people want a statue, or a prop? Because you cant have both. Do you want a 1:1 latex head with movable dreads that will deteriorate over time, or a statue, thats obviously not made of the same materials as the suit but will last for years and years but obviously doesnt look as good? This isnt aimed at anybody. But im curious. Going thread to thread i observe people who want statues, but they want the statues to look like the suit. Which isnt really possible because they dont share any of the same materials.Would people rather latex heads, or polystone statues?

For what it is and the cost. (Hopefully $1200ish) I think it’s fine. I think people just want something more on lines of what SS has been trying to do. It’s obviously not working out too well with that route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly I couldn’t care less about the dreads. They aren’t noticeable when you display the piece properly. Who’s looking at the dreads anyway when you have an amazing ugly-mug to stare at? Honestly the only thing I would like changed is the positioning of the head (not looking down as much and more on par with The P2 and the P1 busts), and slightly better paint apps.

Who’s looking at the dreads anyway when you have an amazing ugly-mug to stare at?

Ummm... almost everyone? Coolprops should resculpt Wolf's dreads ASAP, especially his left side, to be like Scar's, Kagero's or AT LEAST P2's. Ain't main purpose of creating life-sized bust = make it as real as possible?
There's the reason why old SS Wolf 1/1 bust is still hold up to these days, despite kinda dull paint job. Because it's the "actual" Wolf's head on a stick (glass eyes, being poly+fiber, real dreads) that belong to the museum instead a "lookalike" fiberglass bust for displaying in front of a local theater.
If the prototype is something like this, what will production piece be?
Coolprops should retool this ASAP.

Ah really that's too bad.. just what I'd heard and assumed it meant the whole thing, dreads included. Thanks for the correction. I definitely agree with peoples criticisms as they are one of the defining features of a Pred imo, really need to be better. Don't know if CP have made any changes based on feedback before, guessing no. If they are listening at all hopefully it could at least possibly influence their future work.

Ummm... almost everyone? Coolprops should resculpt Wolf's dreads ASAP, especially his left side, to be like Scar's, Kagero's or AT LEAST P2's. Ain't main purpose of creating life-sized bust = make it as real as possible?
There's the reason why old SS Wolf 1/1 bust is still hold up to these days, despite kinda dull paint job. Because it's the "actual" Wolf's head on a stick (glass eyes, being poly+fiber, real dreads) that belong to the museum instead a "lookalike" fiberglass bust for displaying in front of a local theater.

I agree with them needing to rework a lot about this statue, but I still believe the dreads are the least of their worries. How many people still bought the P2 busts solely because of how amazing the sculpt was? I would much rather an insane looking bust at the expensive of some dull looking dreads. Yes, they are worse then the P2's (Which hopefully they can atleast match like you suggested) but they do not in any shape or form RUIN the piece. Im sure if this was the mose amazing sculpt and paint apps you guys had seen, you would gladly ignore the foul dreads.

I agree with them needing to rework a lot about this statue, but I still believe the dreads are the least of their worries. How many people still bought the P2 busts solely because of how amazing the sculpt was? I would much rather an insane looking bust at the expensive of some dull looking dreads. Yes, they are worse then the P2's (Which hopefully they can atleast match like you suggested) but they do not in any shape or form RUIN the piece. Im sure if this was the mose amazing sculpt and paint apps you guys had seen, you would gladly ignore the foul dreads.

Yup - the dreds on this are worse than those on the P2.

Add that to a dodgy well-below-average presentation of the REST of the beastie and it's a guaranteed NO-BUY for me.

I have decided I will be waiting to see how the final piece of this turns out before purchasing it. Really only a terrible paintjob will stop me from buying this.

I agree, the dreads are a major characteristic of the predator, what will they do if they do the elder??? his are even more of a characteristic, I think everybody would pay a little extra to have dreads like the legendary scale busts, and I for one would think it would elevate it even more and would it kill them to put glass/acrylic eyes in

Back