CoolProps materials/ quality?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xeno Junkie

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey all! Just posting this as a general discussion regarding all of the most recently announced busts/ heads by CoolProps and the material they may/ may not be using. I notice on Sideshow's website that no materials are listed for either the sculpts or even the bases, as I'm sure others have noticed. When I zoom into the pics of the Alien Warriors (and even pics of the Dog), it almost appears as though the bases they are using are made of wood. Could that be possible? And in regards to the P2 bust and the Aliens, is it possible CoolProps is using polystone or fiberglass? I know some of the secondary market Alien casts have been done in fiberglass, yet Sideshow's original was an incredible success in polystone. Like most, im of the opinion that I want an incredible looking piece, regardless of the material it's made from. I would however like to know what to expect.

Also wondering if the materials themselves are listen on the CoolProps site. Can anyone here read Japanese? I'm hoping it's there, I'm just unable to translate it.

So what's everyone's thoughts on what we may be getting? I'm personally a bit torn on placing an order on all of the announced pieces so far because I'm unsure what to expect in quality and material? I'm hoping someone who may have seen a production piece at a show in Japan could weigh in on this or even a representative from CoolProps, if we're lucky enough to have one around here.

I've dipped my toe into the CoolProps pond and have only ordered the blue Alien Warrior so far so I can get myself a first hand look before I order the rest. Shame is, it's going to be quite a while before I have the warrior in hand and by then, everything may be sold out.

Decisions decisions...

I have 2 of their Predator Bio helmets and they are of excellent quality, so I am not worried at all with these upcoming busts.

The main material is fiber reinforced polymer. They mention it on their website specifically.

Excellent! Thank you sir! Do you happen to know what the bases are made from?

I have 2 of their Predator Bio helmets and they are of excellent quality, so I am not worried at all with these upcoming busts.

That's great to know! Thank you for your input and reassurance with CoolProps! I'm looking forward to these!

In regards to the Alien Resurrection Newborn:

*CoolProps reply*
"The materials for this piece are FRP and Cold cast regin [resin]. Please note that it is not confirmed yet but weigh will be around 10 kg so it will be pretty heavy. When everyrhing is confirmed, we will update the detention [description]."

I'm trying to find out more information on some of the other pieces. I'll update here and share the information if I find anything out. :)

CoolProps got back to me on Facebook, just to confirm there are plans to produce scaled pieces of both Alien and Predator for those who don't want to go life-size...

I really wish we had some confirmed information in regards to the bases that are being used on the heads. They appear to be wood, but I'm not sure. CoolProps has yet to get back to me about them.

For those of you who were at Wonderfest, what were they made of there?

I really wish we had some confirmed information in regards to the bases that are being used on the heads. They appear to be wood, but I'm not sure. CoolProps has yet to get back to me about them.

For those of you who were at Wonderfest, what were they made of there?

Wonderfest...I wish I can still be in Tokyo this summer.
Would like to see what they're going to pull out next month on the show, time for a P1 bust!

The bases do look wooden, but that wouldn't be so strange. My only complaint is that they look very flimsy in places, hopefully it won't be cheap wood.. The actual busts should be of a decent quality.

Seriously? A p1 bust!?!

Yep...

bwidPbk.gif

I imagine their thinking is that the SSC P1 bust is an old item and many people will not have it. I bet there is easily enough demand for both.

I was told that they will make one but no guarantee on this summer though. Honestly it would be more likely to see paint prototype of big chap and resurrection warrior.

Back