coolprops---dog alien maquette!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are instructions in the box that mention that a bit of warping can happen, and that minor adjustments can be made by heating up the piece with a hairdryer and gently bending it back into shape. I wonder if that would be enough to fix those with floating right hands. Fortunately, I didn't need to do that to mine, but it's worth a shot for those with minor warping.

There are instructions in the box that mention that a bit of warping can happen, and that minor adjustments can be made by heating up the piece with a hairdryer and gently bending it back into shape. I wonder if that would be enough to fix those with floating right hands. Fortunately, I didn't need to do that to mine, but it's worth a shot for those with minor warping.

I wonder how this bodes for the long term condition of these? Sideshows maquette warped badly, but not before they even arrived with customers....

It worked great! I think it's a keeper now. :)

I wonder how this bodes for the long term condition of these? Sideshows maquette warped badly, but not before they even arrived with customers....

That's a good question. I guess only time will tell, and I'll have a front row seat for that. One would hope that the important structural parts are reinforced with metal, but who knows.

It worked great! I think it's a keeper now. :)

Good to hear! It would be a shame to have to go through the whole process of returning/exchanging it over something fixable.

Finally received mine yesterday. 618 euros import taxes, duties and DHL's 'processing' fee. Weirdly it still came just under the money I would have paid if I'd bought this in the EU - and not the DX version.

Overall, its incredible! Much larger and heavier than I expected. Putting everything together was perfectly straightforward, I did not need to force anything, and the magnets feel very strong. I won't go looking for flaws, but on a first inspection everything looks immaculate. Incredible packaging and a very imposing statue. Sadly, due to its sheer size, the only place I have to display it - temporarily - was a small IKEA table. Excuse the various other stuff in the background, my collection is rather chaotic and this statue deserves a better display.

DSC_0004_BURST20191211192851291.jpg

DSC_0016_BURST20191211193424563.jpg

DSC_0008_BURST20191211193748815.jpg

DSC_0007_BURST20191211194002583.jpg

ali31.jpg

ali32.jpg

ali34.jpg

Congratulations txalikias!!what an awesome piece you have:) and know you have to look for a better place to display it but hard to find with that size!!

Thank you! Indeed it will take some planning (which I had almost 2,5 years to do, but that's how these things go...) but I'm planning to also install LED strips behind it for some atmospheric glow.

Congrats! I bought a Lack table to use until I built my new display shelf for him, but ended up not needing it. I ended up sending mine back for the paint issues. One of the Fingers (toes?) either wasn't painted or had been damaged. I am cool with touch ups, but not a repaint on a new piece. It sucks because the pj otherwise was super good. [emoji17] Fingers crossed on a good replacement. At least I know the hair dryer trick works perfectly if he doesn't sit flat. [emoji16]

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Hey guys, I’m getting a replacement too. This will be my first time getting a replacement piece. Does sideshow basically send you someone else’s return as a replacement? They told me it would take them 7-10 days to ship it out so that they could inspect it, etc. Mine should arrive Tuesday if I make it back home in time. Getting kinda worried now if I get someone else’s return coz if the original owner sent it back, obviously something was wrong with it.

Depends. Are you an extremely picky person? Will a little nick or scratch in the paint drive you crazy? Are you afraid to modify something to make it right like heating up a part to make it fit? If you answered yes to any of these, then you may not want to gamble on getting another one.

Depends. Are you an extremely picky person? Will a little nick or scratch in the paint drive you crazy? Are you afraid to modify something to make it right like heating up a part to make it fit? If you answered yes to any of these, then you may not want to gamble on getting another one.

Not super duper picky, but I would not risk modifying a 2600 can$ statue though

Hey guys, I?m getting a replacement too. This will be my first time getting a replacement piece. Does sideshow basically send you someone else?s return as a replacement? They told me it would take them 7-10 days to ship it out so that they could inspect it, etc. Mine should arrive Tuesday if I make it back home in time. Getting kinda worried now if I get someone else?s return coz if the original owner sent it back, obviously something was wrong with it.

They better not send me a defective piece as a replacement for a defective piece. It doesn't have to be 100% perfect, but better than the 70% piece I received first.

Got my replacement, looked over it quickly and while it’s not perfect, it’s a significant improvement over the first one.

do you think it will move even with the metal rod inside the paw? i'm tempted to try on mine

Yeah,if you expect it to be quality piece without QC issues for $2000,then you should just return it for a full refund because you are too picky lol!

do you think it will move even with the metal rod inside the paw? i'm tempted to try on mine

I did the hairdryer trick and it worked. It took a while to heat it to the point where it would slowly move a little and I had to do it more than once. I heated both front feet because on mine not only was the left foot raised, the right foot toes were touching the base firmly, not allowing the left foot to drop where it needed to go, into the peg hole. The heat allowed the statue to relax into position.

Back