coolprops---dog alien maquette!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What kind of stupid reasoning is that! Do they seriously think you are going to let them get away with this?

If it was $10 you might let it slide - but $1600 - yeah right!

They are quick enough to take their money back when THEY screw up in YOUR favour.

Be persistent and escalate - you'll get it back.

On Friday, they said all they can do is provide the transaction Id (in a few business days) that I can give to BoA. BoA said well you need to write a letter to this address and plead your case...unbelievable...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On Friday, they said all they can do is provide the transaction Id (in a few business days) that I can give to BoA. BoA said well you need to write a letter to this address and plead your case...unbelievable...

Just escalate by phone up the Management chain. "Plead your case" my ass!

Worst case scenario - Sideshow will have to send you a cheque I suppose.

I?m still waiting for my refund from October 9th lol. My card number had changed in between the preorder and the final payment. Now sideshow says sorry we refunded it and Bank of America says sorry too long since you ordered it. I can see the final payment refunded but still missing $1600 ffs...

I'm still waiting for my refund from 2nd October also. They insisted on sending it to my old credit card (with a closed account) Despite me warning that the money would not arrive with me. But they said their system won't allow them to send it anywhere other than the card payment was made on (Beats me as to why?!) Low and behold I have no refund and my bank can't find it. I'm still waiting on Sideshow to provide me with some simple account info that will allow my bank to trace the money. I'm getting a bit annoyed now, I only asked for a refund as I have things to pay for.....

I'm still waiting for my refund from 2nd October also. They insisted on sending it to my old credit card (with a closed account) Despite me warning that the money would not arrive with me. But they said their system won't allow them to send it anywhere other than the card payment was made on (Beats me as to why?!) Low and behold I have no refund and my bank can't find it. I'm still waiting on Sideshow to provide me with some simple account info that will allow my bank to trace the money. I'm getting a bit annoyed now, I only asked for a refund as I have things to pay for.....

They finally figured it out and offered a store credit or a physical check. I took the check lol. 7-10 days now to wait for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally got my shipping notice which feels like an eternity. Super excited though to finally have this in hand.

Your Dog Alien Deluxe Maquette will be arriving into our warehouse in approximately 7 days. Your final payment is scheduled for Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Absolutely the fastest PO I've ever had lol. Next day shipping notice. [emoji23]

This piece is so deep at 25" I'd love to see how people are displaying it.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Received mine today. Huge box which weighs a ton & a right pig to get up the stairs to unbox.
Once up there though, oh my! She is a beaut alright! A stunning piece for sure.

Worth the wait & every penny.

jKMFh21.jpg

2vRVZsd.jpg

eHZUF62.jpg

Congrats sithlord! Unboxing number 379 DX today. [emoji16] [emoji1696]

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Just wondering if anyone else has experience here with this and could give any advice.

When I received this the DHL delivery driver put me on the phone to pay the customs duty there and then, which was 85 pounds.

Today, 3 months later, I've now recieved a letter saying they want another 87.71 pounds off me, for cutoms duty.

Is this normal for DHL or have they made a mistake?

Hi Genosha, I can't speak for DHL but in my experience of paying Parcelforce for customs fees, the direct communication from the DHL driver seems a little unusual, but perhaps there has been crossed communication and the record of the customs payment hasn't been logged? Is it possible to contact the nearest depot to you and speak to a manager? I appreciate that it's difficult to get through to people on the numbers provided.

Just wondering if anyone else has experience here with this and could give any advice.

When I received this the DHL delivery driver put me on the phone to pay the customs duty there and then, which was 85 pounds.

Today, 3 months later, I've now recieved a letter saying they want another 87.71 pounds off me, for cutoms duty.

Is this normal for DHL or have they made a mistake?

I’ve only paid customs via DHL once, and they originally sent me an SMS to pay the amount online when they were processing it when it was in flight. Once the parcel was sent via Sideshow I actually created an DHL account, and somehow when it came to pay everything it was linked up.

SMS: “Payment of import duty/tax is required for DHL EXPRESS ********** from SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES. Pay securely at https://delivery.dhl.com/AU/ckwK**”

Also note I had previously researched how much I had to pay so I knew what it was going to be, plus or minus a few dollars because of currency fluctuations.

Finally unboxed my dog. Awesome piece but mine has some QC issues. Paint issues, and the left pegged leg sits above the base. Fixing minor paint stuff is fine with me, but not when the statue doesn't sit correctly in the base. Bummer. I'll try for a replacement from SS and see how it goes.

Finally unboxed my dog. Awesome piece but mine has some QC issues. Paint issues, and the left pegged leg sits above the base. Fixing minor paint stuff is fine with me, but not when the statue doesn't sit correctly in the base. Bummer. I'll try for a replacement from SS and see how it goes.

Quite a few of them seem to have issues with one of the front feet not sitting flush, most often being the right foot I believe.

Back