coolprops---dog alien maquette!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I missed out on ordering.. and extremely nervous getting this on Ebay with all the damage posts.

I purchased a sealed regular edition that was a hundred less than Sideshow & free shipping. I rolled the dice and it paid off as the Alien arrived in awesome condition. Just need a closed mouth portrait...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bragger! lol I'm interested in the closed mouth look.. So I'm sure I'll be rollin' the dice as well for the Deluxe.

Imma stick with this...

ASnail.jpg

Can i get Gross Weight on shipping box for regular Alien please, i ask because my country has 30kg import limit.

If you were gonna sell a closed mouth head, how much would you ask for it?

Considering you can’t order it, how can you price an near unreplaceable item.

I recently sold my extra closed mouth for $1050 but you won't believe this or maybe you will.

I had it in a box forever, or since i got it. Looked t it but I had a second closed mouth so I put it away.

Took it out for photos and packed it up for shipping.

The buyer gets it and it's right side pointy upper tooth is missing as well as part of the tooth next it. It was not broken in delivery, nor was it broken in delivery to Sideshow.

It was broken before it was painted and I know because it was painted over in the paint and clear used to paint it from factory.

I saw the photos and Prime 1 has also viewed the photos and of course this is completely unacceptable but there is nothing that can be done. So Prime 1 is ok not to remake one extra head to fix this issue. Sorry but you can't paint over a broken statue and not fix the problem if you call yourself a good company.

Am I overreacting? I say to anyone that has the statue and got teir piece this was or any statue for that matter. How would you feel if it was not proken in shipping to where a little glue can hide it, but it was painted over and now to fix it is a huge project and likely costly.

Just not good of them.

I remember seeing a couple jagged-toothed heads when this first released, but unfortunately, the time for remaking parts has passed. The statue's been out of production for a couple years and the replacement window (either for retailers or individual customers) is long closed.

You're not wrong to be frustrated, but as you said, there's nothing to be done at this point. The head should've been properly inspected upon receipt.

Speaking of which, unless I misunderstand, you say you took it out of storage for fresh photos and neither you nor your buyer noticed anything until they actually received it?

Last edited:
Even by itself the extra head with the base is a beautiful display piece! It's a great size too, fits wherever 1/6 scale stuff fits.

So I have decided to sell my dog alien statue (but am keeping the open mouth portrait/bust). But what % off do you think I should take off the original price of the statue? It'd only come with the closed mouth portrait on the alien body/statue with base & boxed? I was thinking selling for £1500 (uk based).

Attachments

• IMG_5999.JPG
    IMG_5999.JPG
    961.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6001.JPG
    IMG_6001.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6004.JPG
    IMG_6004.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6003.JPG
    IMG_6003.JPG