coolprops---dog alien maquette!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my replacement, looked over it quickly and while it’s not perfect, it’s a significant improvement over the first one.

Glad to hear it. What issues do you have with the replacement, out of curiosity?

Glad to hear it. What issues do you have with the replacement, out of curiosity?

Thanks; there was a paint chip and a severely hovering right arm plus a small smudge on one of the domes. I'm guessing mine was another person's return as the top styrofoam from outside the art box was missing and some of the pieces weren't completely wrapped in the black fabric. Anyway, hope you get a good one.

Edit: Oh you mean for the new one. Tiny scratch on the dome, not noticeable unless you look very closely and for the right arm, the palm still hovers above the base, but the fingers are at least touching which is better than the first one where the entire arm sat about a cm above the base and so the statue was kind of unstable.

Thanks; there was a paint chip and a severely hovering right arm plus a small smudge on one of the domes. I'm guessing mine was another person's return as the top styrofoam from outside the art box was missing and some of the pieces weren't completely wrapped in the black fabric. Anyway, hope you get a good one.

Edit: Oh you mean for the new one. Tiny scratch on the dome, not noticeable unless you look very closely and for the right arm, the palm still hovers above the base, but the fingers are at least touching which is better than the first one where the entire arm sat about a cm above the base and so the statue was kind of unstable.
Ah okay thanks. I had what I thought were scratches on the dome. It turned out to be some sort of really stubborn residue that I basically buffed out with my breath and a white cotton glove. Honestly it looked and felt like scratches though and took some elbow grease get off.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

I got my replacement and while the original had issues with the clear on the open mouthed head, the replacement had a feelable scratch on the closed mouth head.

Right rear leg has odd paint splotch.

Rest looks fine. Just sucks that the right leg is part of the body. It is just an odd large splotch.

I got my replacement and while the original had issues with the clear on the open mouthed head, the replacement had a feelable scratch on the closed mouth head.

Right rear leg has odd paint splotch.

Rest looks fine. Just sucks that the right leg is part of the body. It is just an odd large splotch.

That sucks to hear. Got pics? My replacement arrives tomorrow. :pray:

My replacement is way better than the first. Actually having this one makes me really glad I didn't keep the first because it had quite a few issues that this one doesn't. DX #330 :yess:

oh I still waiting my dog alien. really dont why so long to wait. maybe hong kong is last time arrive.

Soooooo.... Sideshow replaced my original statue.

The new one was ok except the closed mouth head had a nick in the clear and the tail tip would not stay on the end. It was not deep enough I guess.

So they replaced the entire tail. It would fit the tip but now the big end would not fit the body.

So they replaced it again and it also would not fit the body. If you held them up there was the slightest difference in the metal post.

So I was gonna dremmel it because Sideshow said no more, refund of credit.

So I go to just put it bck as best I can and the hole in the end of the body had broken and part of the magnet fell out from the pressures of trying to fit it.

So now it all fits nice even with the broken hole. Sucks but it displays perfectly.

Wow, man...what a drag! ^^^^^^

My Dog parts fit on perfectly, no scratches or chips anywhere...even the feet fit flush on the base. The only part where it was a little loose was the tip of the tail. But a little dab of museum putty did the trick. I am very happy with my Dog, what a great statue. The extra head displays as a stand alone piece great too.

But I am glad you are finally happy with yours.

25fe9ad2991f675d003de0f13d15d3c0.plist

This beast arrived today. Regular edition. I canceled my preorder of the Deluxe a while back but found the regular for an incredible deal. #14 of 1,000. Love him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that is true. I have the DX but forgot ll

I have one useless big tail piece, one that could fit another, one chipped tail tip and I have a closed mouth extra head.

It has the tiniest of tiniest mark in the clear you have to look at in a certain way to see. I may sell or send to my friend who just likes the alien head as a stand alone.

I missed out on ordering.. and extremely nervous getting this on Ebay with all the damage posts.

How long ago did the regular version sell out? Do you think a wait list would convert now?

Thank you. I did decide to do the waiting list. Best to wait it out before having to do secondary market.

Back