Cool Toy Review Snake Eyes Photo Archive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me, the size of the visor really isn't a huge issue, but it looks to be a bit lower on his head than I would like:

header.jpg

https://www.brianstoys.com/store/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=GRAL85SNAKEEYESW/WOLFC9*C9

I personally don't like that it looks like it covers his mouth.

For me the visor isn't that big a deal. It seems consistent with variations of the character. I was initially concerned about the Pro body but it seems tha SS has fixed most of those issues. Seriously, looking straight on at SE, the visor looks more proportionate.

Now for all those people who complain about Snakes Eyes. Can ____ _ ____. Fill in the blanks. Especially the ones who cancel. LMFAO!!!!! A bunch a fools.

Now for all those people who complain about Snakes Eyes. Can Laugh at you. Fill in the blanks. Especially the ones who cancel. LMFAO!!!!! A bunch a fools.

......:huh

Regardless of what you say, the body still looks odd in the tight shirt. Sure, some poses hide it, or disguise it behind guns, but it's there and still greatly apparent.

and that's fine... i'm not trying to market mine or anything.... i'm jusst saying ... to me the sideshow figure just has too many design flaws to be worth the price... especially when i can make my own for less... i'm not saying that people can't disagree with me... and i'm not trying to sell anyone an alternate version...

i'm just saying that it's not too difficult to put together alternate versions for a lot less money and many that i've seen are imho far superior in design and execution to the sideshow version...

To each their own, but I'll disagree with you on the price. Look at all the accessories this figure comes with and, whether you like it or not, the price is justified.

I think it is important to stress that the SSC Joe collection is meant to take the established mythology and give it some real-world legitimacy. THe way I see it, we grew up on Hasbro's G.I. Joe line, and Hasbro does a great job with it right up to today, but we're all adults now, and SSC created a more mature-oriented version of the character we've known and loved most of our lives.

I think you should wait until you see this figure in person before you argue your points about how inferior you think it is. This figure rocks, and IMHO is a perfect launch for what will be a very well received collection of 1/6 scale Joe figures.

so glad I kept my order and can't wait to get mine. I will still probably end up throwing a sweater on him or something. But the CTR and the pics with it conclude just how snazzy SE really is!!

so glad I kept my order and can't wait to get mine. I will still probably end up throwing a sweater on him or something. But the CTR and the pics with it conclude just how snazzy SE really is!!

I bought the sweater but don't know if I'll use it. I also have a pretty sweet black body armor that I think will give him just the right amount of mass to fill him out. Then again, I may just display him as is.

To each their own, but I'll disagree with you on the price. Look at all the accessories this figure comes with and, whether you like it or not, the price is justified.

I think it is important to stress that the SSC Joe collection is meant to take the established mythology and give it some real-world legitimacy. THe way I see it, we grew up on Hasbro's G.I. Joe line, and Hasbro does a great job with it right up to today, but we're all adults now, and SSC created a more mature-oriented version of the character we've known and loved most of our lives.

I think you should wait until you see this figure in person before you argue your points about how inferior you think it is. This figure rocks, and IMHO is a perfect launch for what will be a very well received collection of 1/6 scale Joe figures.

I think Sixthscalemagazinesthatnoonereads is just mad cause Sideshows SE doesn't look like a schitty $25 custom.

SE V1 ('82) wore the goggles. It wasn't til V2('85)that he got the visor. However, V2 is the most widely recognized version and stands out as the iconinc Snake Eyes. Snake Eyes has alternated through the years. I think the sweater and goggles would look great, too.

Lots of online stores that part 1/6 figures out for kit bashes. I bashed my own SE a while ago but I used the kevlar faceplate with goggles over it. Then I lost the faceplate and went with bacalava w/ goggles and tactical vest instead of sweater.

Nah, I dismantled him a while ago and cannibalized a lot of the parts. After SS announced their SE, I guess I figured that would be my definitive version. The base body was a BBi Owl SEAL figure. Good luck with your custom if you decide to go that route, though.

Back