Confirmed Upcoming 1/6 Star Wars Releases: Hot Toys & Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm very new to SH/Hot Toys so was wondering how long it usually takes for them to release/announce new products once we see them on screen? For example, I really like the look of TLJ Luke in his black gear. Can we expect a reveal any time soon?

I'm very new to SH/Hot Toys so was wondering how long it usually takes for them to release/announce new products once we see them on screen? For example, I really like the look of TLJ Luke in his black gear. Can we expect a reveal any time soon?

I do too. Most likely, they'll announce it around the time the movie comes out or a little bit after. It's likely that whatever he will come with will be a spoiler for the movie. And then it will release late next year. It's typically an 8-12 month wait from announcement to release.

This thread will act as a source for all confirmed Star Wars (planned or in production) 1/6 figures, environments and accessories by Sideshow. All items listed have been specifically mentioned by a Sideshow employee as an item that is planned to be released or in development. Items will remain on the list until the are put up for pre-order at which time they will be removed.

Flosi and I will update the thread regularly, but please post new information and the source as we may not catch all news on our own.

Hot Toys
Confirmed in Development:
1/6 Figures:
Anakin Skywalker ROTS Figure displayed at SDCC 2017
Baze Malbus Figure displayed at SWCO 2017
Boba Fett (Holiday Special) Figure displayed at SDCC 2017
C-3PO (TFA) Figure displayed at SDCC 2016
Death Squad Commander Figure displayed at SDCC 2016
The Emperor & Throne Figure displayed at SDCC 2017
Grand Moff Tarkin Figure displayed at SDCC 2017
Luke Skylwater (Endor) Figure displayed at SDCC 2017
Leia (Endor) Figure displayed at SDCC 2017
Power Droid (AKA Gonk) Figure displayed at SDCC 2016
Royal Guard (ROTJ) Figure displayed at SWCO 2017
Sandtrooper (white pauldron) Figure displayed at SDCC 2016
Stormtrooper Classic Figure displayed at SDCC 2016

1/4 Figures:
Darth Vader ROTS Figure displayed at SDCC 2016
Stormtrooper Figure displayed at SDCC 2016
Kylo Ren Figure displayed at SDCC 2016

1/6 Environments/Related Product/Accessory:
Millennium Falcon Cockpit Prototype at SDCC 2015
Rey's Speeder Figure displayed at SDCC 2016

Confirmed Planned:
1/6 Figures:

1/4 Figures:

Sideshow Collectibles
Confirmed in Development:
1/6 Figures:
Battle Droids- Pilot
Battle Droids- Super
Count Dooku
Darth Maul Mechanical Legs
Darth Talon
Darth Vader- McQuarrie Prototype image at SDCC 2015
IG-88- CW Variants
Mouse Droid (one is part of a HT release)
Mythos: Kenobi Figure displayed at SDCC 2017

Carbon Freeze Chamber
Star Destroyer Deck

Confirmed Planned:
1/6 Figures:
Admiral Ackbar
Anakin Skywalker- AOTC
Aurrora Sing
Bastila Shan
Chewbacca
Death Squad Commander
Droideka
General Veers
Grand Moff Tarkin
Princess Leia Organa - ESB
Max Rebo Band- Unaltered Trilogy
Rees Yees
Royal Guard- Emperor
Squid Face
Yak Face

1/6 Environments/ Related Product/ Accessory:
Landspeeder

Confirmed Planned (unsure of format):

Clone Trooper- Gree CW version
Darth Nihilus
General Grievous- Pre Cyborg
Yoda

**There is also a related thread for non-1/6 items in the Star Wars sub-forum:
Confirmed Upcoming Sideshow Star Wars Releases Statues, PFs, Dios and Busts

How long ago was Darth Talon 1/6 confirmed in development? Is that still happening?

Most Sideshow projects at that scale have been put on the back burner indefinitely at this point. Unless Darth Talon as a prominent role in a forthcoming movie/series/animated series, she won't see release.

Why is HT Stormtrooper shown as "Classic" ?? I thought it was ROTJ version, which to me isn't necessarily classic. Mouth looks a bit strange to what a classic Stormtrooper looks like to me.

Good day:

I'm new to collecting 1/6 figures and I'm interested in building my collection. I've been lurking these boards a little bit but I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. I am mostly interested in the Jedi/Sith 1/6 figures but there are other SW figures that I 'd love to have but I obviously I have missed since they were released a few years back such ANH Leia, ANH Stormtroopers, etc.

From experience, are these figures re-released again in a few years and it's only a matter of waiting? or perhaps there a place where people post the figures they might be willing to sell? or my only hope is considering eBay and their prohibitive prices?

Right now I only have TFA Kylo Ren, and I preordered RotJ Luke, RotS Anakin and Mythos Kenobi.

From what I've gathered in these boards, a HT Maul might be released in the future and I'm willing to wait because although SS Maul seems like a natural addition to the collection, I really want a HT version especially with the cloak. Vader I would like to get without Tarkin, and I'm willing to wait for a HT ESB Vader if necessary. Dooku there is no sign of it and Palpatine was shown at Comic Con so it's only a matter of waiting.

However, since I'm new and I don't have much experience, your recommendations would be very appreciated and kindly let me know if I'm in the wrong place.

Thank you!

Good day:

I'm new to collecting 1/6 figures and I'm interested in building my collection. I've been lurking these boards a little bit but I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. I am mostly interested in the Jedi/Sith 1/6 figures but there are other SW figures that I 'd love to have but I obviously I have missed since they were released a few years back such ANH Leia, ANH Stormtroopers, etc.

From experience, are these figures re-released again in a few years and it's only a matter of waiting? or perhaps there a place where people post the figures they might be willing to sell? or my only hope is considering eBay and their prohibitive prices?

Right now I only have TFA Kylo Ren, and I preordered RotJ Luke, RotS Anakin and Mythos Kenobi.

From what I've gathered in these boards, a HT Maul might be released in the future and I'm willing to wait because although SS Maul seems like a natural addition to the collection, I really want a HT version especially with the cloak. Vader I would like to get without Tarkin, and I'm willing to wait for a HT ESB Vader if necessary. Dooku there is no sign of it and Palpatine was shown at Comic Con so it's only a matter of waiting.

However, since I'm new and I don't have much experience, your recommendations would be very appreciated and kindly let me know if I'm in the wrong place.

Thank you!

I am sure HT will release a maul but the latest sideshow is pretty incredible. I wish they would do a dooku. I have the Hasbro one as my stand in for now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sure HT will release a maul but the latest sideshow is pretty incredible. I wish they would do a dooku. I have the Hasbro one as my stand in for now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! I'd love a Maul but I'm holding off at the moment waiting for an HT release while I get other figures in the meantime.

Hopefully the HT version is not too far off.

Darth Talon along with all other EU characters was struck from canon in 2015. EU merch has been a rarity since, esp in the high end collector's market.

On one of my FB groups, discussion came up about Magna guards. Now, if memory serves, the first time SS showed pictures of their General greivous(2 years before they showed it again) didnt they have him on display with like 2 magna guards and about 20-30 Battle droids? I can't find pictures anywhere. Is my memory failing, or what? Please help!

Do not remember ever seeing magnaguards prototypes displayed anywhere. Lots of Battle Droïds variants (including the unreleased blue pilot paint scheme) were displayed with Grievous at SDCC though.

5985300835_8bd7da714d.jpg

I'm surprised HT hasn't mentioned rotj scout trooper yet, seems logical as they are doing a lot of ROTJ stuff this year/into next year.

Might be announced during conventions season. They have a lot in their plate with Solo around the corner and Marvel stuff.

Back