Confirmed Upcoming 1/6 Star Wars Releases: Hot Toys & Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Confirmed Upcoming Sideshow Star Wars Releases: 1/6 Figures and Accessories

Hard to say... maybe they're going to release a number of Endor themed figures and are just waiting for them to be out at around the same time. The Snowtrooper was our first taste of Hoth and now we've got 4 new Hoth figures in the pipeline.

Speaking of which, I have always love the Rebel Endor troopers set. :)

Keep in mind Episode VII figures will have to make their way into the mix and will possibly push back a few works in progress or put them on hold indefinitely.

I am hoping it works the other way round. Episode VII rekindles interest helping to boost sales for all things Star Wars, and we get more of what we want.:)

We still need a Hoth Rebel to round out the Tantive and Endor troopers.

Agreed... I really hope some Hoth rank and file are coming soon :rock

Speaking of which, I have always love the Rebel Endor troopers set. :)

Same here, I know fans reacted negatively, but they're pretty sweet figures and made a cool grouping. Initially I only had the trooper, but over time I picked up all 3.

Hot Toys Anakin Skywalker DX
Hot Toys Han Solo DX

not sure about this one..... maybe it takes forever

I'm most interested to see the Solo DX. They have a lot to answer for since DX05.

There's been no official word that these Hot Toys SW figures have been started or will ever be started/released . Off the cuff Howard Chan comments not withstanding.

Considering that there will be at least a couple of Marvel movies a year for the forseeable future the wait will be a long one. I think this died with Anakin. Who in their right mind would want that? :dunno
I know, I know there are quite a few among us here, but realistically if the Bespin Luke was a slow seller compared to other Hot Toys releases as has been suggested, one could really question the idea of releasing more and especially Anakin.

Yeah, Howard Chan is not a very reliable source... and it's been years since the DX Luke was announced.

But, we also had many years between the first run of Robcop figures and just last week I got a shiny new ED-209 so who's to say :huh

I guess I could have also added the Tamashii nations R2 as in development since we've seen it's prototypes.

TOR's Republic soldiers. Still want!

I would love them to make a Darth Plagueis and Darth Tenebrous.

Looks like EU stuff won't be clogging up the works anymore. :monkey3

Awww.. I was hoping for Darf Hooda-fark, he was always my fave.

:lol

Simply wondering what's keeping SSC from doing the Royal Guards.

These guys are relative easy to made and most people would probably purchase a pair to be displayed with the already released Emperor and his throne.

I think poor sales forecast is what's preventing them from doing a Royal guard. In Hasbro's 3 3/4 line those were serious peg warmers.

I think poor sales forecast is what's preventing them from doing a Royal guard. In Hasbro's 3 3/4 line those were serious peg warmers.
The latest versions were part of the recent Vintage Collection - the last wave in fact, which was far too thinly distributed to 'warm' anything. :lol

Yeah, sorry, I should have said in Hasbro's FIRST Star Wars line (POTF2). ;) Since the early 2000's there hasn't been as much space dedicated to SW figures in the stores I've seen.

If they release the royal guards, they should release another emperor. Why would I buy the guards without the emperor.

Back