Confirmed Upcoming 1/6 Star Wars Releases: Hot Toys & Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Confirmed Upcoming Sideshow Star Wars Releases: 1/6 Figures and Accessories

Hey guys. This question may have been answered. If do I fail at the search functions. Will SSC be doing another Bly?

The Bly already out is one of the best clones in my opinion. Not sure what else they can do with him other than a new sculpt. A Bly 327th trooper however would be a good addition and more likely given the sideshow way of producing clones.

Yeah, Bly is definitely one of SSC's good ones.

I wanted it at one stage, but I'm not paying aftermarket prices now.. unless I find a good deal via the forums when I'm ready.

Bly is my favorite clone. No way I'd let him go for anything less than exorbitant aftermarket prices.

I'm suprised they haven't gone with his trooper yet. Out of most of the clone normal troops, that is relatively straight forward. All they need is plain white belt and upper thigh armour and just change the paint on the bucket. I have all the clones so far whether p1 or p2 luckily.

Thinking about it, beside Cody, no movie commander has actual troops to go under his command. When Gree and Bacara troops would need new tooling, Neyo and bly troops would indeed not need much work to se release.

They've been focusing on cartoon clones for a while. They were fairly late to the game on the prequel clones, but managed to be just in time to ride the Clone Wars wave. How long ago was the last movie clone?

Must have been either Neyo or Utapau Airborne in 2012 IIRC.

SSC should simply release a collection of helmets in the new mould for our figure upgrading. :D
Gree, Bly, Cody, shock troopers, 41st elite corp and who else is there?

If they release the royal guards, they should release another emperor. Why would I buy the guards without the emperor.
Would be cool if they used HT's Electro as a model for the Emperor. An extra set of light up hands (just at finger tips) w/Force lighting would look pretty neat. Also, I'd like to see them improve the head sculpt (eczamurai's custom is perfect, IMO). Speaking of the Emperor, another thing I'd love to see would be a giant holographic light-up face ala ESB. Would make a great stand alone backdrop for Vader.

If we do not see one of the following at SDCC Sideshow is really wasting this license:

Biker Scout
AT-AT Driver
Royal Guard

None of them require a human head sculpt or complex sewing. Just do them and make money.

Hoth Leia, Veers, and AT-AT driver with a Snowtrooper Officer at an exclusive would be perfect.

Agreed. They should have learned by now that any sort of armored trooper is a money-maker. Collectors love to army-build.

I think of the three you listed, the AT-AT driver would be the lowest on the priority list. Looks cool? Yes. People going to buy more than 1? Probably not too many.
The Royal Guard is a big winner. A lot of people are going to buy 2 of those to flank their Emperor with. I know I will :) My Hasbros do a decent job now, but I'd upgrade in a heartbeat.
The Biker Scout would be a huge deal for them. Release a speeder bike with him (as a separate piece) and you'll have people buying 2 or 3 scouts and a speeder bike to go with them. Big $$$ for Sideshow.

IF THEY'D JUST DO IT!!!!

Sideshow makes big money right now. There's only so much one company (and their contract factory) can whip out at one time. They have a lot of Star Wars product in the pipeline this year already (announced and released) and it's already been strongly hinted they'll have at least a couple more. Add to that all their other lines and I'd say they're much more productive than most companies out there.

At the moment I can't think of any character I prefer less than the Royal Guard. ;) Maybe it's just me, but I'd take an AT-AT driver well before them, even before a Scout Trooper. Of course I've already got a Hoth shelf planned, so he'd also be much easier to find a place for...

There you go, new Star Wars (really?) figure will be up for pre-order June 12th. It's another clone with an alternate alien head - another one from one of the animated series.

Such bullkahkah. :ohbfrank:

At least I can agree with you that the Star wars-icity of this release is questionable at best.

Biker Scout would outsell AT-AT Driver 5:1.

5:2 if SSC decides to do the AT-AT control room, and of course we would need Veer standing behind. :)

I do hope that SDCC will reveal the Scout Trooper in all his glory, as well as a speeder bike to go with him. Plus hurry up with Stormtrooper "Deluxe"!!

Back