Concept art from my new superhero comic 'gods'

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Various

Gods%2B-%2BVarious%2B04.jpg

Mountain Fortress - recessed meridian staging city

Gods%2B-%2BMountain%2BFortress%2B(meridian%2Btrench)%2B-%2BCopy.jpg

"Two inbound on the south wall, Lord Nargun. "
"Then they're running out of ideas."

Wraith Queen.

Ryzar, ancientmost of the Elder gods, has been long in bed with forces steeped deeper yet in darkest prehistory.... a pact whose nature the being should have perhaps scrutinized more closely before undertaking a war dependent on their unquestioning obedience.

Gods%2B-%2BMountain%2BWraith%2BQueen%2B(a).jpg

"Heed them raise their peaceful hand.... now I take my knife... and fill the night with scare..."

Some of you may have noticed a bit of a horror vibe from a few of the images, but I figure the Mundar yaks are- unintentionally- the most disconcerting of this thread's menagerie of characters.

Gods%2B-%2BMundar%2Byaks%2B-%2BCopy.jpg

Rayken Shorde head studies.

Gods%2B-%2BRayken%2BShorde%2B02.jpg

"Cyger- I need you to put that... fruit... down."

"Ray, I'm starting to think I'll never remember when I last ate. These things may look like they came out the back end of a bullrat but they smell like the best thing to come off a tree since frikkin' Eden."

"'That's 'cause they
are from Eden. Specifically, Lorn- first rock ever lumbered with the snot smears that ended up as you and me. Well you, anyway. Yam down one those things and inside a minute you'll curl up so bad, death by gut shot'll seem like the best Christmas you ever had."

"Figures- feels like I followed the scent here all the way from the ravine. Looks like whoever owns this boat's hauling enough to honeytrap half a planet-

"Well it's sure not for his
own amusement. This spread doesn't exactly scream Evil Genius. Am I boring you?"

"'Rad counter's going AWOL that direction- buck gets ten whatever was stored at far end of this hold lately's what the guy took as payment."

"Cyger, I
assumed that oak leaf didn't come out of a cracker. You... do know what AWOL means, right?"

"Mm? Uh, yeah. Sure. Sure..."

It's been suggested I go for a little variety and draw some girls in pubs. So I drew this GDR Shocktrooper, which is close enough.

Gods%2B-%2B%2BGDR%2BShocktrooper.jpg

Knew you'd be pleased.

The Global Defense Restitution governing the planet Aldar fail to get the ragtag pockets superhuman Slayers on message over plans to tackle the Great Incursion.

With swathes of the population already scoured or Turned by the enemy, the claims of the 'battlefield'-suited renegades that the enemy's defenses include an all-destroying, impassable failsafe go unheard.

Not to be outdone, the GDR troops dig up a slew of old heavy plant long consigned to history for a reason.

Gods%2B-%2BSequential%2B07.jpg

Busted-down Grenadier Sgt Vance Hillbrandt fancies himself as the venerable leader-in-all-but-name of infantryman Major Cade Cyger's rowdy band of Slayers, and something of a surrogate father to the man himself.

While he's not exactly deluded, both the Lightlord High Priestess known as the Scryer and Defence Vice Secretary Amber Weststar soon prove themselves higher up the chain of command.

Conversely, Cyger possessed only the most threadbare handle on his own work-life balance to begin with. When the enemy take his own son hostage at the commencement of the invasion, he soon becomes anything but anyone's blue-eye boy.

Gods%2B-%2BVance%2BHillbrandt%2B03xx.jpg

"Hell’re you all still skulkin’ around for? Hustle!"

Though spared the rigours of physical combat and free to ruminate in her garden temples within the Fortress, Battlelord Commander Cyviah bears the responsibility of warding off the telepathic 'attacks' (ie negotiation entreaties to her Lordmaster Ryzar) from the Scryer.

Gods%2B-%2BBattlelord%2BCommander%2BCyviah.jpg

"No, seriously, Kate- Fenn may be Captain frikkin' Cro-mag but his baby is just too frickin' cute- I'm probably gonna have to have it for dinner."

Unsuprisingly Aldar's populations take exception to Mt Fortress's Gaunt troopers Turning to them to beef up their already considerable numbers. However the sight of one training an 'Iron Crucix' on you from the rafters can work wonders to convince of the upside of conscription.

Gods%2B-%2BGaunt%2BShocktrooper%2B'Iron%2BCrucix'%2BChaingun.jpg

Some early FX-test sequentials, undialogued. All a little testosterADD, but didn't turn out as far off from the kaleidoscopic grandeur I was aiming for as I expected.

Gods%2B-%2BSequential%2B06%2B(1).jpg

Gods%2B-%2BSequential%2B05.jpg

Vale Kraths stalk the dustbowls between the happy foothills of Mount Fortress, delivering dimension-exiling stings aplenty to lost stragglers and beaten path naysayers.

Gods%2B-%2BVale%2BKrath.jpg

Mount Fortress - Shield Projector Gate

Gods%2B-%2B%2BMountain%2BFortress%2B-%2BComms%2BArray%2B-%2BCopy.jpg

'Kind of exposed for a hub to a whole protection grid...'

'That's what worries me.'

Back