Competition for fun and a FREEBIE!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveMac

Super Freak
Reaction score
A little competition just to keep the spirit up from thinking about all the stuff we want but might not be able to get.

Listed below is a set of character names that appear in Tolkien's 'The Lord of the Rings' which we shorten to TLotR

Simply work out which abbreviation belongs to which character and then PM me your answers.

Get 6 right and you are in the draw to win a cool prize which I will post out to the lucky winner.

Get lucky and get them ALL right and it could be a straight win if you are the only one

Just for fun so my decision is final as there may be some tricksy stuff there (or even more than one possible answer). I have the names in mind so my decision is final :lol

**DON'T POST ANSWERS IN THE THREAD

GtW
HG
RC
G,tRD
BtP
MB
GtW :wink1:
SoMC
HsoH
TDLoM
BF

:lecture As is usual for me, the prize can be revealed by the winner (they can even have a choice between two beautiful items) :lecture

PM me your answers and it's just for fun! (and a nice prize :wink1: )

I have 8....and one of them is a bit dodgy. Will keep going!

OK, got an answer for all 11. A few guesses involved and probably a few wrong answers but it was really fun anyway. Thanks!

Last edited:
Only 1 missing I guess, great fun. I'm 100% sure with 10 names. Can't go to bed before finding the last one.

Last edited:
Snoopy, Linus, Charlie, Lucy, Pigpen, Shroeder, Marcie, Woodstock, Peppermint Patty, and Sally....LOL...Is there a prize for last place?

Last edited:
Some interesting answers and a good learning curve for everyone whose looking at LOTR again :hi5:

I have sent the answers to a Stern Lord of Moderation so will let the comp run until Sunday when I will announce winner and answers.

All PM's replied :wink1:

I sent in a completed list although some are a bit more creative than others. My biggest struggle was G,tRD. Can't wait to see the full list of answers.

I'm going to split the prizes as there are a few correct answers and a few near misses

I will say up to now everyone is in with a chance and will try and do the draws Sunday (time permitting).

I will call the 100% (11/11) group the Credit Card Group

And the 99% (6+/11) the Debit Card Group :lecture

**CLOSED**​

After checking and re-checking we have an outright winner with 100% right

ENTHUS :hi5:

Everyone else had near misses and after putting them into a draw we have the runner up ...

BOROMIR :hi5:

ANSWER:

GtW= Gandalf the White
HG = Hamfast Gamgee
RC = Rosie Cotton
GtRD = Goldberry, the River Daughter
BtP = Bill the Pony
MBMerriadoc Brandybuck
GtW = Grima the Wormtongue
SoMC = Saruman of Many Colours
HsoH = Haleth son of Hama
TDLoM = The Dark Lord of Mordor
BF = Bill Ferny

Well done for all the guesses and hope it was fun :wink1:

:panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:

Thanks for the contest!! I'm very surprised I got them all. Congrats to Boromir as well! :hi5:

Grats to the winners!

Though I must say, Gwindor the Windlord works better than Gríma the Wormtongue (I don't think I ever saw 'the' in Gríma Wormtongue). Anyway, I can't complain cause I won a similar contest over at the Shadow and Flame ;)

Back