Companion PF Figure to Lurtz....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gondor59

Beacon Keeper
Reaction score
Someone may have suggested this already, but wouldn't it be great to have a triple PF figure of Boromir (with Lurtz's arrows sticking out of him) with Merry and Pippin crouching behind him as Lurtz approached to dispatch Boromir? It would be an excellent companion to the Exclusive Lurtz and would be a fantastic representation of one of the most important parts of the story.

I think we may see Aragorn as the Lurtz companion. SS seems to be going in the direction of major duels from the films with their lines, which I think is cool.

We have Obi/Darth with the SW 1/4, Obi/Anakin with the SW 12", and I think we'll see Lurtz/Aragorn with LOTR 1/4.

Lurtz/Boromir is another possibility, but I really don't want Boromir with arrows sticking out of him. I plan to display the Fellowship 1/4's all together in a row, so it would be weird to have him dying like that.

elwood49 said:
Lurtz/Boromir is another possibility, but I really don't want Boromir with arrows sticking out of him. I plan to display the Fellowship 1/4's all together in a row, so it would be weird to have him dying like that.

Good point

If they do the entire fellowship, please have them all with the same type of pose so they look good displayed together. I'd hate to have a combination of static and action poses with the fellowship.

Originally Posted by kierbaudy
No dying poses please.

I concur with that as well. Imagine the exclusive 1/4 Lurtz with detachable right arm and head?

Faramir with one arrow in dragged by horse pose?

Exclusive flaming Denethor?

Exclusive Frodo with missing finger?

Come on now, I say let's keep it simple. :cool:

NO! Your wrong WK, YOUR WRONG! Not everyone agrees with you! Maybe not a dying pose but something beautiful!!

Something different..........Yes I got it!

My heart desires a a Gandalf the White staring while smoking a pipe 1/4 PF and companion piece of Frodo sound asleep in bed at the end in Rivendell. :google

Ah....finally after all those months and years of studying, Danny has finally succumbed and has gone the way of Sybil. :google

I'd hate for the only Merry and Pippin figures to be them cowering in fear. I'm all for iconic poses for all the characters. I doubt there will be much, if any double-dipping of characters in the PF line. So if the pose can't be like Lurtz's - both iconic and from a particular scene - then I vote for iconic.

Aragorn would definitely be the logical choice.

During the Fantacular chat, it was mentioned that the first two PF figures would show the "extremes" that the line could cover. A human (Aragorn) would fit the bill.

As previously stated, he would fit well with an "antagonist" theme, displayed against Lurtz. Plus, we need a "good guy" now to bring balance to the Middle Earth "Force"...:naughty

I see you got your helmet pitchin! Looks nice.

Iconic or dynamic? I agree with iconic but I do like dynamic. Sideshow did manage to surprise with the PFs with Elektra and Green Goblin... dynamic poses for sure AND iconic. Lurtz is a beauty because he looks real menacing and in mid deliberate stride and not just standing there. Sideshow does always manage to pull it off. I hope they will be easy to display together in a more dioramic way rather than lined up in a simple row. But, the character should show through also. No question that Lurtz is a bad guy and mean with that sculpt.

Back