Comic Con 2008 Registration Open

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't mind paying more if it means less irritating crowds. I'll consider that a convenience fee. This early registration motivated me to reserve my room this past weekend.

It's getting more expensive each year. With the $75 registration fee, preview night may not be so crowded next year.

I sure hope so. Having the big crowds at preview night the last couple of years has been so annoying.

Thanks for the reminder Zoomaround! I wasn't sure I was going to make it Comic-con next year but it looks like I will. So my ticket has been bought (I wish I had remembered to buy it at the convention though).

:rotfl :rock

The plan is still to go but it's not 100% sure this far away. I just hate having $20 less to spend on beer when I'm there. But $20 isn't that bad, I'll just have to flip something to make up the difference. :monkey3 :monkey5 ;)

:rock:rock:rock:rock

!@&*(*&#(&$!

I forgot to order! :banghead

Me too. I just saw this thread and couldn't believe they opened registration so early, and raised the price to $75 bucks after the 17. I placed my order this morning around 12:45 am PST, and it went through for $55 bucks, so it looks like I might have sneaked in with the lower price.

Sorry for the necropost here guys, but I have some questions. I've never been to San Diego comic-con. But I live a short 6 hours away and can get a room through a family timeshare (dont EVER buy a timeshare BTW). Actually, I already booked it this morning for 7/26-7/28 (Sat-Mon) only times I could get. So, my questions are:

Is there enough to do to spend 2 full days there?

Is there enough to do to spend 4 full days there?

The 4 day passes are still available at $75, how much were single day passes?

Did they sell out last year? By when? Should I reserve NOW?

Do sideshow freaks get together and party? None of my friends are really into the comics/collectibles anymore.

How are exclusives handled? do they have to be ordered in advance, or at the show?

any info would be appreciated.

Sorry for the necropost here guys, but I have some questions. I've never been to San Diego comic-con. But I live a short 6 hours away and can get a room through a family timeshare (dont EVER buy a timeshare BTW). Actually, I already booked it this morning for 7/26-7/28 (Sat-Mon) only times I could get. So, my questions are:

Is there enough to do to spend 2 full days there?

Is there enough to do to spend 4 full days there?

Do sideshow freaks get together and party? None of my friends are really into the comics/collectibles anymore.

How are exclusives handled? do they have to be ordered in advance, or at the show?

any info would be appreciated.

YES!!
YES, YES!!
$20 or $30 per day I think... (might even go up to $40)
YES! 4 Day early, single days during the show; YES reserve now!!!
YES FREAKS PARTY!!!
Pre-order SS exclusives with no hassle pickup at show! Other companies... not so much

Is there enough to do to spend 2 full days there?Is there enough to do to spend 4 full days there?

Yes, to both.

I think they where $25 a day last year.

Yeah, like every day.

We're freaks what do you think? :lol Yes, we do. Eat lunch, walk around, go bar hopping, etc.

PO before. Pick up at the show.

Alright, thanks guys. I'm definately going, just have to decide on 2 or 4 days. I'll be in touch through the boards.

I just didn't want to end up driving out there, walking the center, and have no one to drink with. Yes, I am a geek, collect toys, and play video games, but I like to get my drink on, regularly while on vacation.

Back