cmtoys rubber body

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a couple of these, caucasian and african american, not bad

oh, I meant the one in the picture. the new notice "strong" body.

091009gw7wgdigziqs4g57.jpg
091013ffzt5406ob3x5gt4.jpg

there was some speculation on OSW that these might be cancelled. really hope that's not true. would be needing me atleast a couple of these...

Re: cmtoys rubber body - new notice "strong" type body CANCELLED!

ok, to whom it may concern. got the official comfirmation from CmToys today. the "strong" type body is indeed CANCELLED! :gah:

Did anyone ever find out which body was darker, the HJ-001 or the HJ-002? There was talk ealier in the thread that they got the color code mixed up. Does anyone have both bodies to confirm?

Did anyone ever find out which body was darker, the HJ-001 or the HJ-002? There was talk ealier in the thread that they got the color code mixed up. Does anyone have both bodies to confirm?

this never really got answered. would be intrested about this myself. it'd be nice if someone could post a comparison.

what I can tell you is that HJ002 seems really pale comparing to anything Hot Toys. I mean like a corpse pale.
being holding off buying HJ001 because I dont know if it actually makes any difference or not.

surprisingly looking at the figures I've got and trying on different headsculpts seems like the closest skintone match (the head > the body on the otherhand seems darker) would be HT MMS136 the terminator (1). which is actually surprisingly pale comparing to other HT figures. the skintones of HT heads seem to get darker and darker lately. more rosé like colors and highlighting if that makes any sense? I mean look at DX10 and compare it to MMS135/MMS117. big difference.

Resuscitating this thread to find out how these are holding up. Any skin splitting or skeleton problems?

Also, did anyone figure out the difference between HJ001 and HJ002 and which is more Hot Toys friendly?

Resuscitating this thread to find out how these are holding up. Any skin splitting or skeleton problems?

Also, did anyone figure out the difference between HJ001 and HJ002 and which is more Hot Toys friendly?

No splitting yet, however the hand pegs suck, one on my Rambo bash just cracked in half a couple of weeks ago with no pressure applied :slap

Late thanks, The Skull. I am assuming that the hand pegs are standard fit/replaceable? No good if they are not.

Still not got one as humming and hawing over the skin colours. Now looking at the HJ005 and HJ006, which look to be darker and more bash-friendly. Anyone got any other heads on these? No need for beardies in my collection.

There is a listing for unbelievably cheap HJ005s and HJ006s on Aliexpress. I know that place is knock off heaven, but I would hope that these are not so popular or famous that they have been recast already. And I know from previous experience that Aliexpress will refund if you have inadvertently bought a knock off, even if the seller themselves isn't keen.

Both of my Caucasian ones have split now at the shoulders. Only in a small way, but enough. One has started to discolour and go green

Whoa! First time I have heard of these splitting. So far, it has only been the weak wrist pegs and lack of flexibiliy that was the problem. How long have you had yours for, ns4ever?

Both of my Caucasian ones have split now at the shoulders. Only in a small way, but enough. One has started to discolour and go green

any pics? and in which kinda poses did this happen?
I haven't even got any of my "super delicate" HT rubber bodies to split in the confines of the instruction sheet... I mean the restrictions are pretty clear.

Probably about twelve months for the first one, bought him with the intention of giving him the God of war set. Never did, was a bit paranoid about the colour rubbing off. Left him standing at the back of the cabinet and used the ACI Andrew for the God of War.
Heres the split...only a little one, but its somewhere where he hasn't really been posed at all.

IMG_2859_zps8934a22e.jpg

Second one is split in the same place, and seems to be going a little green. He is the one that came with the long beard.

Third one, the AA, seems fine. But he is fully clothed in the Hot Toys Indy white coat and turban

I never really posed any of them. The posing seems less than stellar, and the hands and feet are a pain, I've snapped my fair share of them. To be honest, one is replaced with an ACI, the other is due to be replaced soon.

Back