cmtoys rubber body

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elämän merimies

Super Freak
Reaction score
couldn't find a thread for these... if there is one = sorry.

cm.jpg
cm+%25281%2529.jpg
cm+%25282%2529.jpg

--
more pics here: https://onesixthscalepictures.blogspot.com/2012/01/cm-toys-16-muscle-rubber-body.html
--

does anyone have one of these? it seems to be a very close match to the older HT rubber bodies, but I'm wondering which one of these (first two bodies) would be the closest match to the HT Rocky III (Italian Stallion) skintone? or HT 300 Leonidas?

found some in-hand pics on eBay, but in those the skintones seem (almost) identical (in all three?). so I was wondering does anyone have them inhand?
and could maybe take a comparison pic for me? w/ RockyIII(Italian Stallion)/RamboIII/Leonidas? would be appreciated...

btw: is the skintone on RockyIII(Italian Stallion)/RamboIII identical?

Last edited:
CM toys's HJ002 : HJ001

(almost no difference in colour, I'd say HJ002 is slightly darker, though it was advert as lighter Caucasian)... both are lighter than Leonidas, will get my HJ003 soon, which I think might be a better to match Leonidas.
post-5392-1328098553.jpg

(almost no difference in colour, I'd say HJ002 is slightly darker, though it was advert as lighter Caucasian)... both are lighter than Leonidas, will get my HJ003 soon, which I think might be a better to match Leonidas.
post-5392-1328098553.jpg
really, thought the third one was supposed to be... well, black?

do you have RockyIII/RamboIII/Leonidas to take a comparison pic with? would help me alot to see the difference in one pic. I have Leo&Rambo myself so, it would give me more perspective coloring vise.
btw: are the veins on the arms really that notisable? or is it just the pics? do the veins bother you? seems like they are more subtle on HT bodies.

Well the HJ003 is not "that black" I suppose... will take picture later when I receive it..
ok. just looks black on the promo then. on the in-hand pic on eBay it does look really light. thought it was the lighting? guess not...

thanx for the link.
6691106683_c41b670f34_b.jpg

those veins on the arms are kinda putting me off. maybe too highlighted or too many of them. dunno.
still... would like to know how good of a color match it would be for Rocky/Rambo. and if anyone knows: are HT RockyIII/RamboIII bodies the same color?

Last edited:

post-5392-1328098553.jpg

:clap I love this photo, realistic abs!

Toria

since the third body seems to be considerably darker tone (light brown) in this photo...

cmtoys-body-Black2.jpg

I just went ahead and ordered HJ002. hope it's worth the 60 bucks I paid?

Last edited:
oh and I think they might-of gotten the product codes mixed-up or somethn, cause in about every in-hand shot the HJ002 seems to be the slightly darker one?

HJ001 - HJ002

12Jan19%20HJ001%20%282%29.JPG
-
12Jan19%20HJ002%20%282%29.JPG

sweet. so, from the instruction sheet this thing actually seems to have better articulation than the HT rubber bodies. that's nice. will the rubber actually hold-up, that's another thing, but let's hope for the best.
still thinking about the veins (am I using the right word? blood vessel or somethn?) on the arms. in the Luka photos they jump right at you, are they that notisable in-hand?

Its nice to see companies still trying but the proportions look all wrong on this. The shoulders and arms seem to be big for the trunk and chest.

Its nice to see companies still trying but the proportions look all wrong on this. The shoulders and arms seem to be big for the trunk and chest.

Yeh the shoulders are awful, but I suspect they had to place them so far away from the body to accommodate the articulation.

a small... let's say, review I did for the HJ002 body https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4296971&postcount=295

" first-of-all, to me the rubber feels somehow different from HT rubberbodies, cant really specify how, but very probably a different mixture? hopefully one that will prove very durable over time.
anyhow... straight out-the-box the body looks a bit comical to say the least... very, very slim vaist, shoulders seem too protruding from the body, maybe a tad too long feet etc. etc. the overall body proportions just seem to be a bit off, somehow...

w/ a few tweaks (buffing the body wider, shortening feet pegs... and with some heads I'm pretty sure you will need to chop some rubber off the neck) this is a very nice body...
the one really BIG issue is that I am fairly certain the skintone will not match anything made by HT, ever. it's a closer match to DX04 and TTM-19, but still just a bit off those aswell..."

Last edited:
which colour ı need for wolverine? hj001? or hj003? ı think 3 is so dark for him? what do you think?
and is this body enoughly good for thor?
what do you thşnk. if ı used this body to thor. good or bad?

which colour ı need for wolverine? hj001? or hj003? ı think 3 is so dark for him? what do you think?

I don't know much about these bodys but, if you are looking to make a wolverine or thor, I would recommend the hot toys ttm 19 muscle version as thats what hot toys used for there releases.

what exactly are your concerns considering the CmToys body?
I only have HJ002, so I cant really comment the skintone of the other two. I know I said the skintone (HJ002) wont match anything made by HT, but I just noticed it's actually a pretty good match to the TTM19 Jake Gyllenhaal head.
as for Wolvie (comparing w/ the original HT figure) the painted facial/arm hair make this exact HJ002-body feel off. kinda too light. but if you plan on painting the body hair on this body yourself, I think it might work?

I like this body and if you're looking to make a seamless wolvie/thor I think this body really is your best bet right now (considering the price and all).

the skintone chart is said to go as follows:
HJ001 - caucasian
HJ002 - asian
HJ003 - black

but in-hand photos make the HJ002-body look like it might be a tad darker than HJ001?
I'm not certain of this, it is not a fact, but it is the impression I got.

Dude - the asian bodies are always a tad darker than the caucasian ones :dunno

I'm really interested in one of these too. Any idea if they're any taller than normal?

It's a shame they really dropped the ball on the sculpt. I was hoping to see a good interpretation of spartacus here (cause serang's I cant afford) but this sure as hell aint no Andy Whitfield! Unfortunately ACI's attempt is just as bad. At least CM Toys made a cool body for him....

Last edited:
Back