Help with Base Bodies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLT

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I'm only a couple of years into the hobby and have struggled some with the many choices available for base bodies, especially the Narrow Shoulder male bodies in particular. I've purchased several brands (WorldBox, JX and COO all with seamless necks, plus the Hot Toys and Sideshow figures that have come with sets) and noticed a considerable difference in the physiques even when they are labeled narrow shoulder. I think my favorite so far is the WorldBox, very solid and not overly muscular, but the foot peg seemed a little less compatible with the HT standard.

Anyway, does anyone know of a good resource to use to compare the various bodies available? I'm sure someone has compiled a list, a review of the main brands, or done an overview of the base bodies available, but the ones I've found so far have been relatively old and feature bodies that are not readily available.

I'm only a couple of years into the hobby and have struggled some with the many choices available for base bodies, especially the Narrow Shoulder male bodies in particular. I've purchased several brands (WorldBox, JX and COO all with seamless necks, plus the Hot Toys and Sideshow figures that have come with sets) and noticed a considerable difference in the physiques even when they are labeled narrow shoulder. I think my favorite so far is the WorldBox, very solid and not overly muscular, but the foot peg seemed a little less compatible with the HT standard.

Anyway, does anyone know of a good resource to use to compare the various bodies available? I'm sure someone has compiled a list, a review of the main brands, or done an overview of the base bodies available, but the ones I've found so far have been relatively old and feature bodies that are not readily available.

I don't think there's any database, but Toy Anxiety has tons of pics of bodies so you can see them relating to the various releases, but it'd be hard to tell what exact body is used for them.

Back