Cloud Atlas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Wachowski Brothers' Cloud Atlas

I thought the book was great. Really well written and something different for a change. Here is a great review without spoilers from amazon:

I may have to check this out after I finish Kings of Cool. Thanks! :duff

Definitely made me want to read the book before I see the movie. But the trailer did remind of self-indulgent stuff like Tree of Life and The Fountain.

Definitely made me want to read the book before I see the movie. But the trailer did remind of self-indulgent stuff like Tree of Life and The Fountain.

Tree of Life reminded me of being stoned in 1999. :lecture

Strangely though I enjoyed the movie and watched it again a second time. I do think the "nature scenes" aren't needed and definately thrown in for an "artsy" effect.

Every film made is self-indulgent.

And Badmoon, the nature scenes are the life of the film. The family exists as a footnote to the theme of the film. It wouldn't be a Malick film without them.

I think it's funny how The Man of Steel trailer looks like a Malick film.

I've watched this trailer like 5 times already. If the final product is as rewarding as this trailer than this is the best movie of the year hands down.

I think it's funny how The Man of Steel trailer looks like a Malick film.

I know you're a Malick fan as well. I've been meaning to ask your thoughts on the fact that he has four films coming out in about a years time? I wonder what has gotten in to him (other than ideas obviously, :lol)

reminds me a lot of the movie Crash too

I hate that movie. It was such a depressing piece of ____.

I know you're a Malick fan as well. I've been meaning to ask your thoughts on the fact that he has four films coming out in about a years time? I wonder what has gotten in to him (other than ideas obviously, :lol)

I knew he was working on two movies...I didn't realize there was four! So he goes from directing four movies in the past 35 years to doing four in one year? :lol

Yeah. It's a bit odd. Maybe he's had an epiphany or maybe he senses his age and has a lot he still wants to get out. Who knows. I'll be there.

Here's an embedded trailer:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgI6EeYbV84[/ame]

Looks like all movie genres mashed into one movie!
I like these types of movies... some aren't that good... like Tree of Life or Benjamin Button...
But if it's more like The Fountain, then I'll most likely enjoy it!
Definitely will see this one!
The Wachowski and Twyker... I'm in!
:rock!

just saw the trailer and this movie looks fantastic !!!!!!

I must admit of late this has really piqued my interest.

I'm very excited for this. I must admit, though, I've never liked Halle Berry as an actress. Ever. She has never sold me on any role of hers. However, from the Cloud Atlas preview, I am impressed with what I see. Perhaps the directors made a difference.

All that said, I can't wait for this. Unfortunately I will be out of the country when it is released, and will have to wait until after I return on December 4th to see it! :gah:

I just finished reading this book...it was excellent! I can't wait to see how the movie stacks up. Has anyone else read it?

Also, I found out I was wrong about the release date...I'll be able to see it before I leave the country! :yess:

Back