clothing patterns?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulcarson

Disenchanted
Reaction score
I couldn't find a suitable place for this so I'll ask here. Does anyone know of anywhere that has some patterns for various types of clothing? In particular suits - jackets etc. I'm planning to re-do the suits on my Bond figures as the fit on the clothes is terrible!

I wish I knew as well.... As that is one thing I have yet to tackle. I need to know, as I do intend on venturing into the full custom field eventually.

Here you go: https://www.sewing.org/enthusiast/html/e_learntosew.html

There's a section on taking measurements, and these are just regular measurements reduced to 1:6 or 1:4 scale. Those of us venturing into full mixed media customs are going to have to crack this ourselves or pay someone else to do it. I was looking at Greg Mowry's site recently. I got the link from Custom Dawg's site. The truth is out there.

I find the sewing.org site's terminology difficult to understand, but I'm sure it can be learned. Interesting possibilities.

I got an old pattern of some jeans and jacket for a stop-motion puppet, here is the image so if you want you can use it ( this patterns are really simple to use):

patternsms4.jpg

....of course, if you're lazy like me, you can always do ebay.

I want to learn this skill, as it will help immeasurably.
Thanks for those patterns already posted.

If you want to get good at this hobby, sometimes you have be a real man. ;)

4654.jpg

It was either that, or another one like that where I modified the patterns to make all the clothes for my own Bespin Han (well before Sideshow made theirs):

https://www.geocities.com/[email protected]/hansolo.html
I still suck at sewing, but you get the idea...

Wal-mart craft section or any fabric store will have these - and they're cheap, like a dollar.

-- doc t

Back