Clerks III

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would enjoy another clerks movie.

Smith makes fun movies, most don't take themselves to serious.

If he was such a bad director/writer how the hell des he get so many big names and not break the bank? They must see something to do it without a big payday.

Clerks and Mallrats haven't aged well, but are still enjoyable.

All of his other stuff either hasn't aged well (Chasing Amy, mostly), or I never liked in the first place.

Those are part of my teenage years, they were great times back then..nevermind if those movies aged well..i am glad they didn't if thats what most people think..definitely not into these **** times we are living in now.

Those are part of my teenage years, they were great times back then..nevermind if those movies aged well..i am glad they didn't if thats what most people think..definitely not into these **** times we are living in now.

I tend to agree. Though some of my favorite past movies aged very well.

I could've sworn Smith said he was all done with the whole Askewniverse storyline?

Except that, ya'know, they're not crappy movies.:cuckoo:

some of them really are. Jay and Silent Bob is the worst movie I've seen, worst than Epic movie or Date movie or whatever, I really really hated that.

I think the problem is that he has not made a lot of movies to begin with, so half of his movies are pretty crappy and it weights on the good ones, with such a small career the bad ones shine for me.

Dogma was okay but nothing to write home about. I really hated Mallrats too and most people did when it came out.

I'm biased when it comes to Smith, i usually love all his films (the exception being Red State, while i admire him stepping out of his comfort zone, the film was a confused mess) I don't think a new Clerks is a great idea, the second seemed so natural and the ending was a brilliant closer to not only those characters but the whole Askewniverse.

I'm biased when it comes to Smith, i usually love all his films (the exception being Red State, while i admire him stepping out of his comfort zone, the film was a confused mess) I don't think a new Clerks is a great idea, the second seemed so natural and the ending was a brilliant closer to not only those characters but the whole Askewniverse.

I loved the Clerks II ending. They realise that not everyone is destined for doing something really exceptional with their lives - and thats OK - just go back to the Quickstop and run it themselves. That'll be me basically.

Man, I love all of the films in the whole "View Askewniverse" or whatever he wants to call it, with the highlight being Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back (which was epic for all the references and callbacks to characters not to mention the guest stars!).

Now, with that being said I do feel that Kevin Smith himself has truly over saturated the market with...well... himself. I think that's the one thing that irks me about him and probably why so many people want to facepalm themselves when they hear he's working on something new because they figure it's another stand-up dvd or a rant turned dvd. But hey, I admit, I love watching comicbook men and love his commentary on there.

I'm really excited for another Clerks movie, I loved Clerks 2. But, what I really want is a sequel to Jay & Silent Bob Strike back, I feel like it has to be done. Even better would be if they actually made it Bluntman & Chronic and brought Cockknocker back :pray:

Back