Clemens goes to Washington!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bumblebee

Super Freak
Reaction score
Any on else watching this....they seem to really have Clemens by his throat IMO. Thoughts?

I am at work so I can;t watch, but I read the blog on ESPN...they both have said things that are totally inconsistant.

clemens is sticking to his guns. he seems well represented and his strategy is to deny usage of hgh. no matter who or what testimony contradicts his statements. he knows it's his word against the trainer and petite. with no physical proof, it's going to be very difficult to prove he committed perjury. there is some physical evidence including syringes he was supposed to have used to have the hgh injected, but who knows if that is valid or enough to conclude he lied. right now, it looks as though he'll walk.

"Mr. Clemens, have you ever been a vegan?"
"I'm sorry, I don't know what that is?"
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

clemens is sticking to his guns. he seems well represented and his strategy is to deny usage of hgh. no matter who or what testimony contradicts his statements. he knows it's his word against the trainer and petite. with no physical proof, it's going to be very difficult to prove he committed perjury. there is some physical evidence including syringes he was supposed to have used to have the hgh injected, but who knows if that is valid or enough to conclude he lied. right now, it looks as though he'll walk.

Oh yea he'll walk....into court for his perjury case thats gonna be filed soon after this meeting is over. Its funny the people(congressmen) that are going easy on Clemens are the same one that got autographs and pictures taken with him just a few days ago. Everyone seems to back the trainers story...everyone except Clemens. :lol

The whole fact that Congress has nothing better to do than to worry about performance enhancing substances in pro sports is disgusting and a waste of tax money.

The whole fact that Congress has nothing better to do than to worry about performance enhancing substances in pro sports is disgusting and a waste of tax money.

Exactly. This is a major waste of funds. I really don't care if some sports a**hole wants to shrink his testicles so he can spend more time hitting balls and taking showers with other dudes.

I learned a long time ago and the hard way, you NEVER, NEVER admit to anything.

Our tax money is precisely WHY Congress has to get involved with MLB affairs. You see, Major League Baseball operates under an anti-trust exemption granted by Congress. Like it or not, it is in the interest of Congress to oversee problems like this in baseball.

In addition, the government always has an interest if widespread contraband trafficking becomes part of any industry, especially if it's supported directly or indirectly by management.

:lecture

betrayal by nationally idolized celebs in a multi-billion dollar business should be addressed. if for anyone, the poor saps that lost their bets when the game was decided by a juiced hero. :lol

Wow, Nash is bashing something......that never happens.

It's not bashing, it's what I think of it. I really think it is such a silly sport. all these guys have to shoot up just to play :lol

Here, here. I find this whole thing appalling. Not the alledged steroid crap, but that congress can waste their time on this...like there's not more pressing matters to attend to.

Here, here. I find this whole thing appalling. Not the alledged steroid crap, but that congress can waste their time on this...like there's not more pressing matters to attend to.

Read my post above. MLB operates under Anti-Trust Exemptions granted by Congress after decades of lobbying by the owners and unions. This has given them tax exemptions in the BILLIONS, which of course affects taxpayers (who do you think has been fitting that bill for them?).

Many other industries operate under similar exemptions and Congress has to pull parenting duty on them as well from time-to-time. You just never hear about those because there isn't any "star power" attached.

Anyone who has a problem with this needs to go to the root of the issue: trillions of dollars in exceptions for industries and corporations thanks to lobbying and back room deals with Congress. But since the exemptions currently exist it's in the government's (and, converserly, the taxpayer's) best interest to have oversight.

Point taken sir...let me narrow my remark by saying that while your point is well-taken, having this particular congress overseeing anything is suspect after giving King George carte blanch for the last several years (along with their army of lobbyists and contributors)...

Point taken sir...let me narrow my remark by saying that while your point is well-taken, having this particular congress overseeing anything is suspect after giving King George carte blanch for the last several years (along with their army of lobbyists and contributors)...

No arguments there. :duff

Back