Clash of the titans remake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly the same as the first movie.
And the outfit adds character in the wrong direction.
Just where the hell did she get that custom metal and leather brassiere, from the local blacksmith? Why would Medusa even care to cover them, she's a monster that turns anyone who looks at her to stone and they're covered in scales anyways. It doesn't make much sense.
They only stayed faithful to the original version by copying the Kekrops snake body, but they left out the ugliness of the original character and gave her a stupid stereotypical fantasy metal brassiere.
This seems like every other wet-dream fantasy version of the character seen in modern fantasy, at least the original tried to be horrific.
They put it on to censor plain and simple. They're trying to avoid outrage from sanctimonious dip***ts afraid of their kids seeing tits on a monster.

Why don't you tell us how you really feel?... :horror

:rotfl:rotfl

Medusa was depicted in history later on, as also being beautiful and very human looking as well.This new Gorgon sister looks like she could kick the old school versions ass in seconds, though the original was much more creepy looking with those blue eyes but, we have not seen much of this new take on the character yet.

I prefer the classical Greek horrific depiction, as seen on Athena's Aegis:
athenagorg.jpg

The attractive version has been done to death.

Exactly the same as the first movie.
And the outfit adds character in the wrong direction.
Just where the hell did she get that custom metal and leather brassiere, from the local blacksmith? Why would Medusa even care to cover them, she's a monster that turns anyone who looks at her to stone and they're covered in scales anyways. It doesn't make much sense.
They only stayed faithful to the original version by copying the Kekrops snake body, but they left out the ugliness of the original character and gave her a stupid stereotypical fantasy metal brassiere.
This seems like every other wet-dream fantasy version of the character seen in modern fantasy, at least the original tried to be horrific.
They put it on to censor plain and simple. They're trying to avoid outrage from sanctimonious dip***ts afraid of their kids seeing tits on a monster.

You hit the nail on the head. This new version seems much less monstrous. I'm glad they stuck to Harryhausen's basic concept but wish they would have went with skin-crawling hideous as opposed to a beauty and the beast approach.

And was it just me or does her snake body seem ridiculously huge compared to her human torso? The long shot of her chasing after Perseus makes it look that way.

The November issue of Empire magazine (with the Titans remake on the cover) states that her face was modelled after Russian supermodel Natalia Vodianova. That might explain why she has a human face.

Yeah, not digging the creature designs... but I admit I'm incredibly biased towards the original flick.

Still, looking forward to seeing this... and I'll be buying the original on BluRay once its out :rock

Just watched the original again. Man those effects sucked so hard. Calibanos didn't even look like the same creature in closeups and long shots. I'm looking forward to this remake even more now - to see the creatures done right finally.

I have seen the original for the first time a couple of days ago. While I think it was very enjoyable and the effects were pretty good for those times I guess, I was thinking the whole time: "Man, this is gonna look good in the remake!!"

And then of course came the speculational thoughts, about what characters HT could and should make :rolleyes: :lol

Just watched the original again. Man those effects sucked so hard. Calibanos didn't even look like the same creature in closeups and long shots. I'm looking forward to this remake even more now - to see the creatures done right finally.

:rolleyes: And Ray Harryhausen spins in his grave.

ya know, if he were dead.

:google.NO RESPECT FOR RH'S WORK.YOU FAIL DLD.

I love, love, love the original! But I would guess that's due to the fact that I loved it as a young child. If I saw it for the first time as an adult I might have a different opinion. That said, I saw the trailer for the remake in front of 'Avatar' and I am very interested in seeing it (though I wasn't keen on that previously). Though I was NOT impressed by the Kraken. It reminds too much of a cross between a sand worm, turtle and octopus. Medusa...meh, she's ok looking I suppose. Prefer the original version though.

I'll always love the original, i even had the movie poster on my bedroom wall when i was a kid :rock

I had both the rare teaser one sheet and the release one sheet in my room - the teaser poster is one of my favorite movie posters ever.

Almost nothing you love as a child stands up to scrutiny from an adult point of view - but that's what remakes are for...

I had both the rare teaser one sheet and the release one sheet in my room - the teaser poster is one of my favorite movie posters ever.

Almost nothing you love as a child stands up to scrutiny from an adult point of view - but that's what remakes are for...

Aye i still enjoy watching the original from time to time but it is worthy of a decent remake :peace

Really? Hell I'll take Jason and the Argonauts or Forbidden Planet over any of the flashy effects bloated films of today.

I agree Jason and the Argonauts and Clash of the Titans (originals) stand the test of time imo. reguardless of flashy special effect remakes.
it wont stop me from going to see them tho. :)

I found this to be entertaining.:lol

1981 Clash of the Titans Trailer Gets a 2010 Remix

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/LImPkrDWPCs&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/LImPkrDWPCs&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back