Clash of the titans remake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The creature in the 1st were cooler and looked more like greek mythical creatures.

I agree the first film will still be the best... but I'm hoping this one will be a GREAT flick!

I just downloaded the HD trailer here: https://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/clashofthetitans/
Now that I can more clearly see everything, I hate their version of Medusa, she looks fake and maybe it's just for the trailer, but they covered up her boobs :monkey2:
medusae.jpg

In a way I'd rather have the old crappy stop motion puppet as there was more charm with that stuff then with CGI.

I actually like this Medusa a LOT!!
I love Haryhausen's stuff, and it will never be topped.
I'm usually against some re-makes, but this one is looking great so far IMO...

Here's the Kraken, I don't mind this design so much, but it does strongly remind me of the 1998 American version of Godzilla.

kraken01.jpg

kraken02.jpg

You think so? It reminds me more of the LOTR Troll if anything...
I like it a lot!!!

Reminded me of Cloverfield.

I don't see it... :dunno...

hasbro_cloverfield_monster_toy_1.jpg

OMG!!!!! that kraken looks amazing!!!!!!!!

:rock:rock:rock!!!

Looks like something out of Gears of War to me. :lol Still badass though, I love how it has a 'hood' as well, with the shell covering up his head (can be briefly seen at the end of the trailer).

I just downloaded the HD trailer here: https://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/clashofthetitans/
Now that I can more clearly see everything, I hate their version of Medusa, she looks fake and maybe it's just for the trailer, but they covered up her boobs :monkey2:
medusae.jpg

In a way I'd rather have the old crappy stop motion puppet as there was more charm with that stuff then with CGI.

What were you expecting to see under there?, she never had nipples even in the original,its just scaley snake skin.

I like this look, the outfit adds more character.

Last edited:
medusae.jpg

Yeah....i don't really like her torso....but she still looks badass regardless...they should of made ur face a little more grotesque....like teh original....that medusa gave me nightmares as a kid!:horror

The creature in the 1st were cooler and looked more like greek mythical creatures.

That's a fact.

Not too excited for this, but because I loved the original enough to get my mom to buy the adaptation novel for me when I was 6, I will give it a chance with the hope it might give me a little bit more time in the original story.

What were you expecting to see under there?, she never had nipples even in the original,its just scaley snake skin.

I like this look, the outfit adds more character.
Exactly the same as the first movie.
And the outfit adds character in the wrong direction.
Just where the hell did she get that custom metal and leather brassiere, from the local blacksmith? Why would Medusa even care to cover them, she's a monster that turns anyone who looks at her to stone and they're covered in scales anyways. It doesn't make much sense.
They only stayed faithful to the original version by copying the Kekrops snake body, but they left out the ugliness of the original character and gave her a stupid stereotypical fantasy metal brassiere.
This seems like every other wet-dream fantasy version of the character seen in modern fantasy, at least the original tried to be horrific.
They put it on to censor plain and simple. They're trying to avoid outrage from sanctimonious dip***ts afraid of their kids seeing tits on a monster.

Exactly the same as the first movie.
And the outfit adds character in the wrong direction.
Just where the hell did she get that custom metal and leather brassiere, from the local blacksmith? Why would Medusa even care to cover them, she's a monster that turns anyone who looks at her to stone and they're covered in scales anyways. It doesn't make much sense.
They only stayed faithful to the original version by copying the Kekrops snake body, but they left out the ugliness of the original character and gave her a stupid stereotypical fantasy metal brassiere.
This seems like every other wet-dream fantasy version of the character seen in modern fantasy, at least the original tried to be horrific.
They put it on to censor plain and simple. They're trying to avoid outrage from sanctimonious dip***ts afraid of their kids seeing tits on a monster.

I doubt that(look below), its just the design they went with i bet.
AngelinaJolieBeowulf.jpg

Medusa was depicted in history later on, as also being beautiful and very human looking as well.This new Gorgon sister looks like she could kick the old school versions ass in seconds, though the original was much more creepy looking with those blue eyes but, we have not seen much of this new take on the character yet.

Back