CINEMAQUETTE VOLUME V

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aragorn was known for taking bites of intensely sour lemons prior to battle, or better yet; doing a notoriously bad rendition of Bobby DeNiro ...

cmviggo3je71.jpg

This is just wrong, and criminal for $1,500. :sick

Sachiel said:
That likeness (is there one?) is pretty bad. Strange because their others (Arnold) are very well done.

Hi Everyone,

Haven't been here in a while and first wanted to say hi to all of you. Now on to this piece. It's sad because I don't see the resemblance. Arnold is an easier sculpt because of his sunglasses. It's scary because at $1500.00, someone at this company should have caught what everyone else seems to. It does not look that much like Viggo. The sad thing is on their lineup, they are coming out with Gandalf, Legolas, Jack Sparrow and the long awaited Indiana Jones. Hopefully this is a bad picture (s) because if this is how they sculpt humans, God knows how the other statues are going to turn out? I was really disappointed when I saw the photos yesterday.

Thanks,
Mike

mrichards2002 said:
Hi Everyone,

Haven't been here in a while and first wanted to say hi to all of you. Now on to this piece. It's sad because I don't see the resemblance. Arnold is an easier sculpt because of his sunglasses. It's scary because at $1500.00, someone at this company should have caught what everyone else seems to. It does not look that much like Viggo. The sad thing is on their lineup, they are coming out with Gandalf, Legolas, Jack Sparrow and the long awaited Indiana Jones. Hopefully this is a bad picture (s) because if this is how they sculpt humans, God knows how the other statues are going to turn out? I was really disappointed when I saw the photos yesterday.

Thanks,
Mike
I don't know how they could possibly screw up gandalf. just about every statue or bust i have ever seen of gandalf has basically been spot on, but I guess we will see.

Hi Everyone,

Bannister, at $1500.00 a statue, which in my book is a high end collectible, every piece should be perfect. If it was like the 1st Strider statue Weta put out, it was a learning experience they corrected fast because the Aragorn Bust is a real good likeness and Elessar is better than the original Strider and even Aragorn at the black gates has a real good likeness. And all of these 4 pieces together do not equal up to the price of 1 of these Cinemaquette statues, so it was a real disappointment to me as a high end statue collector.

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Everyone,

I'm also correcting myself. Arnold's glasses are removeable. They actually did a real nice job on his face sculpt as well. Maybe they just do not have any love for Viggo. LOL.

Thanks,
Mike

mrichards2002 said:
Hi Everyone,

Bannister, at $1500.00 a statue, which in my book is a high end collectible, every piece should be perfect. If it was like the 1st Strider statue Weta put out, it was a learning experience they corrected fast because the Aragorn Bust is a real good likeness and Elessar is better than the original Strider and even Aragorn at the black gates has a real good likeness. And all of these 4 pieces together do not equal up to the price of 1 of these Cinemaquette statues, so it was a real disappointment to me as a high end statue collector.

Thanks,
Mike
I totally agree with you. For $1500.00 it should be perfect. I was just saying that I can't imagine them screwing up gandalf because I have never seen anyone screw up gandalf, so if they do I will be shocked. If sideshow can make a 1/4 scale bust look exactly like Ian Mckellan, I can't see why Cinemaquette cannot. Of course, as you pointed out sideshow's elessar and aragorn at the black gates have better likenesses so who really knows. I really thought judging from the arnold that the cm aragorn would look great, but in terms of the likeness, it does not.

Believe it or not, there's little of Ian McKellen's face under all that Gandalf makeup. The same could be said of Gimli's face and John Rhys-Davies. Now, since they had to puff up Gandalf's nose and cheeks under all that beard, there's a possibility that someone can nail his likeness. But, as much as there are good renditions of him, I've seen a crop of bad ones as well. So, the jury's still out regarding CM's abilities. For $1500 they better crank up the makeup faster on this Aragorn . . .

Heya Mike!
wave2.gif
Glad to see you back on the forums again!

And yep, CM missed the ball completely on this one. But to be honest, I really dont give a hoot if they do get the likeness. Either way, I cant afford a CM piece anyway :rotfl

....wait.....thats actually not funny at all! :monkey2

Jesseawilson said:
It looks like the dude from "Thinner"..........

Jesse

I think i have heard that before Jesse!!!

After seeing him in person, SUCKS!!!! Although he could do a killer Rogain Commercial..."after battling Orc's, Uruk-Hai and Sauron your hair can begin to be folically challenged that is why I prefer Rogain..."

Wanted to give this a second chance beyond just the pics. So I made a point of looking at him eyeball-to-eyeball (as many here did). It just doesn't work. Costume is great and the pose not too bad but the face and hair just jars. Maybe for $250-$300 (MAYBE). But for +$1500....no way.

Pretty sad since I've had plans to get only 1 CM piece since they announced the line a coupla years ago and it was to be Aragorn. :monkey2

what i want to say about this has already been said. however just to enforce those comments... yes i too feel that for that much money, the likeness should have been much better. the details of the other parts of the piece is great however, from the looks of it from the pics.

isn't that company's vision to make highly detailed pieces of the characters in movies? now this piece doesn't seem like what they said. although this latest pics looks better than the previous ones where he looks more like some wild men in aragorn's costume.

LOTRFan said:
Here is a shot I got of "it"

SanDiegoComicCon2006082.jpg

i showed my girlfriend the Indy cinamaquette and then this. she said the funniest thing-- "is that Caveman Aragon from the Lord of Jurassic Park??"

***you had to be there to get the full effect of the humor***

Back