CINEMAQUETTE VOLUME V

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he looks really good..I mean you can instantly recognise the character...anyway..hes looks better now than the first prototype from one year ago.

Re: CM Aragorn preview pics

Almost looks like Viggo and John C. Reilly had a kid.

With a little "Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer" from SNL thrown in.

I agree, the likeness is not perfect.

I will probably be sticking to the Sideshow PF line for LOTR anyway because I want more than just a couple of key characters.

The detail of the costume and weapons is just awesome though with the CM. Very impressive.

I would have preferred the ranger outfit too and hope Sideshow gives us that.

The likeness is still of, I agree....But it is much closer than before!
But the gear! Wow!!! I agree wholeheartedly! Spectacular!!!

I almost want to buy it just for the incredible detail of the costume!!!!

LeeTergesen2.jpg

LeeTergesen1.jpg

:lol

TheObsoleteMan said:
Viggo seems to have one of those faces that nobody can really capture.

b1a7feaf.jpg

:rolleyes:

This is just a horrible job from CM. I'm sure it's much harder to get a likeness when they use these materials, but come on! That's the best they could do?

Like I said at SF, I don't think it's as bad as a lot of people are thinking. Not a dead-on likeness by any means but a vague likeness none the less. Overall looks like a great figure with the costume.

Still unlikely to convert me from SSC PF LOTR offerings.

he looks alright from the side shots but head on he looks bad. plus the pose is just weird.

I agree, it's no Arnold CM. ;) I like everything except the face, which of course if most important.

I don't think comparisons to GG are really fair. I mean they use scanning, while most of our other companies use sculpts. Personally I like sculpts a lot better. Certainly much more required if you don't use scans.

I really like this piece. Sure the likeness has problems, but definitley looks a lot better than before and does resemble Viggio. I probably won't own one unless I can find a super spectacular deal. Which judging by the very few people pleased with this one may be possible.

I'll be sticking with SSC PF LOTR line.

Anyone know how big this thing is? Just curious. And the likeness is WAY off. SS's 12" offering isn't spot on, but you know who it's supposed to be on first glance.

Back