CINEMAQUETTE VOLUME V

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KAOSINLA said:
I can get this and the PF Frodo and begin the Fellowship of the Impersonators....

The Frodo is pretty darn close to EW this is about as close as my butthole is to VM.

They "tweaked" the one shown at last year's SDCC and made it worse. All the last one needed was more hair fer gawd's sake and a little more kindness/humanity around the eyes. On this "improved" version, he looks simian :monkey4 full-faced.
I'm a sucker for nearly all things Aragorn/Viggo....but not this. No how, no way, no where, no. NO! :mad: :yuck :cuss

Sorry, but where is Aragorn i cant see any Aragorn the likeness is bad, it looks like one of the characters of planet of the apes, oh well ill wait till it start to be shipped to see if it looks good or not:

Here is the character which im refering:

Planet-of-the-Apes-Poster-C10080081.jpeg

Last edited:
DannieDarKo said:
Aye no me gusta el CM Aragorn. AYUDANME AYUDANME! Es muy muy feo.
speak english man.:D couldn't you have just I said you don't like the cm aragorn and that he is very very ugly.

Well this is "Sideshow" Freaks but to me this likeness isn't any better or worse than any Sideshow Weta Aragorn. That being said I wouldn't give $1500 for it or anywhere close for that matter. However looking at that second picture that spider1135 posted, it looks like an actual person.

The eyes and the forehead are the main issues.

Someone corrected the forehead (right pic below) and it does look better now if you compare these pics. I can even see some likeness too. :)

returnoftheking.jpg

cmviggo3je7.jpg

It's a shame it does not look like exactly like Viggo because the detail and quality of the costume is just awesome. As a CM collector, they should have got it better, especially for the price.

I really hope Indy looks like Ford.

Oh well, I was not planning on buying the CM LOTR line anway because I want more than just key characters. That is why I am staying with the SS PF LOTR line.

Last edited:
That likeness (is there one?) is pretty bad. Strange because their others (Arnold) are very well done.

Remember, everybody--Viggo's contract stipulates that all movie merchandising likenesses must not resemble him too closely...

:D

That good old rumor always seems to show up whenever we run into a subpar Aragorn sculpt, so I thought it was appropriate here.

Just as photos don't do Frodo justice, perhaps the camera adds 10 pounds to Elesar's forehead.

Back