Cinemaquette Godfather finally arriving

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on your acquisition Amin!

I don't think the likeness is perfect, but it looks better than previous ones. I still can't see myself ever paying the price these go for though, even if the likeness was perfect. He does look very realistic though.

Enjoy it man, regardless of what any of us say! :D

Dave may I ask where you saw this piece in person? Was it at SDCC? What are your views on some of the 'thin' comments being made here.

Oh and Amin - congratulations. To my eyes he looks fantastic. It is very difficult to photograph properly with the light you are using there - throws the camera out by the looks of it.

Hopefully mine shouldn't take too much longer to arrive.

He was at SDCC last year. I think with the jacket pulled up the "thinness" won't be an issue.

Similar thread on Statue forum too.

I have the Indiana Jones CQ, and although it is truly a sweet sculpt, there is one thing that turns me off on it ... the eyes. It was enough for me to decide to sell it. I took another chance on CQ by purchasing the Terminator T850 Arnold (with great hair), and wow, everything, and I mean everything on the piece I have is literally perfect. His eyes look very real (even though I display it with sunglasses most of the time).

With the Don, and for $2000 plus shipping, it had better be right on the money. I know for me, I will be looking to see if the eyes will look real. The skininess of the statue that some have been saying will be easy to fix, espescially with Darklord Daves advice. The face is what will sell me on this piece or not given the pose has been agreed on that it is great for the Don.

2 grand for this supposed "don Corleone" whose likeness stinks, no thank you ill take the HT one for 150 and which looks amazing......

shouldnt we expect perfection at that price? neca's 18" jack sparrow cost about $30, and the likeless is waaay better than the CM's. then there's indiana jones, beaten by sideshow at fraction of the cost. and now this.

The sculpt looks great to me, even if the hair is too long (but real hair is a nice touch). But the clothes look pretty baggy overall. Not sure if it's worth $2K with the flaws, though.

Well, yeah, that's great if you want a 1/6 scale. Not so great or helpful if you are looking for a 1/3 scale.

at that price id make the sacerfice and go for the 1/6 :huh

How does the silicone material on these things hold up over time?? does anyone know??

at that price id make the sacerfice and go for the 1/6 :huh

How does the silicone material on these things hold up over time?? does anyone know??

Very well. Most of the T850's have now been around for 3+ years and there are no reports of any problems.

As for making the sacrifice and going for 1/6th. All I can say to that is that the 1/6 action figures do look nice, but for me personally they just don't carry the same impact, and presence that a Cinemaquette does.

You really need to have an appreciation of the work, effort and time that goes in to physically manufacturing one of these pieces, let aone the cost to develop and ship before you can make a comparison between the price of a 150 dollar action figure, and a 2000 dollar maquette.

Very well. Most of the T850's have now been around for 3+ years and there are no reports of any problems.

As for making the sacrifice and going for 1/6th. All I can say to that is that the 1/6 action figures do look nice, but for me personally they just don't carry the same impact, and presence that a Cinemaquette does.

You really need to have an appreciation of the work, effort and time that goes in to physically manufacturing one of these pieces, let aone the cost to develop and ship before you can make a comparison between the price of a 150 dollar action figure, and a 2000 dollar maquette.

Granted, but my man its about 15 times the price... as stated previously in the post that kind of money deserves perfection, and although a very nice piece, it is far from it. Many posters have commented on the inaccurate hair, baggy fitting clothes and overall bengy button appearence of the maquette. This appreciation (the work, effort, time, developing cost and most of all price of the piece )that you are talking about is not really seen in the final product. At the end of the day the final product is more important, what good is all that work if many people have already stated that a "150 dollar action figure" has a better likeness than this piece????

If anything, the price of the piece makes the comparison to the HT version all the more impressive, because at 15 times less the price, aswell as a smaller scale, some still favor it.

Last edited:
Granted, but my man its about 15 times the price... as stated previously in the post that kind of money deserves perfection, and although a very nice piece, it is far from it. Many posters have commented on the inaccurate hair, baggy fitting clothes and overall bengy button appearence of the maquette. This appreciation (the work, effort, time, developing cost and most of all price of the piece )that you are talking about is not really seen in the final product. At the end of the day the final product is more important, what good is all that work if many people have already stated that a "150 dollar action figure" has a better likeness than this piece????

If anything, the price of the piece makes the comparison to the HT version all the more impressive, because at 15 times less the price, aswell as a smaller scale, some still favor it.

Haha sometimes I find it it is funny comparing hot toys products to CM products. It is like flying economy class and bussines class, at least no matter which class you are flying, it will get you to the same destination. of course it is totally different from both classes (level of service, comforts and priority treatment etc)
Everything has its own price and own market.

If you want cheap affordable action figures or dont willing to pay usd 2000 or simply can not afford, then you go to HOT TOYS.

If you want exclusive, or more classy display so you can display nicely in your home theater room, or showroom or your office, then ones can go for CM. They are all totally different products and all have its own class. From the packing, the size of the box, the certificate signed by related movie stars and so on. And the quantity it is made though it always states 1000 pcs. But always CM produces less than 500 pcs only and then terminated.

I also find the process of getting this maquette more fun, from day one you do the payments, got confirmation, shipment from fedex, till you are coming back from office with lots of excitement and joy to open this box. simply can not be describled. And you will never find the same likenss Don look from yours to other collectors.

Anyway..I am very pleased with this pcs and at least I know how to enjoy my hard earn cash.

And HOT TOYS does make good toys in today market. I admit it but it is not my level though I used to collect hot toys till I found CM T850 which now bring me up to now to collect CM and Sideshow only. From CM T850, then I collect the full lines of CM products and can not wait to get the next one, BRUCE LEE. mama miah... Life is so beautiful with CM and SS collections.:banana:chew:rotfl:lol

Thks
Rgds
Amin Ko

The silicon on the T-850 is still perfect after the three years. Of course, we still do not know over the long 20 year and longer haul, but I suspect it will be fine.

I agree on the difference between comparing an action figure to the $2000 dollar maquette. You hit the nail on the head. At this point, I gamble the shipping to find out if this piece is worth the $2000 or not. It has to meet the expectations, or I just keep the SS Godfather 1/4 scale, which is a nice piece (red carpet on the base is a nice touch in reflection of the times).

One could say people are ridiculous for spending 150-200 US on a HT figure when you can get a McFarlane or a Toybiz figure for 10-15 X less than an HT....

It's silly. Some people want the best of the best. Some people believe the Cinemaquettes are just that. But to say people are crazy for spending 2,000 on a piece like that yet can spend upwards to 200+ on a 12" figure... either way a lot of money is being blown on pieces that most would judge to be frivolous and pointless investments/purchases.

Like the piece AdminKo... def. can see where the price plays a factor in the piece. Not like he can't pad up the ol' man to give him some more girth.

One could say people are ridiculous for spending 150-200 US on a HT figure when you can get a McFarlane or a Toybiz figure for 10-15 X less than an HT....

It's silly. Some people want the best of the best. Some people believe the Cinemaquettes are just that. But to say people are crazy for spending 2,000 on a piece like that yet can spend upwards to 200+ on a 12" figure... either way a lot of money is being blown on pieces that most would judge to be frivolous and pointless investments/purchases.

Like the piece AdminKo... def. can see where the price plays a factor in the piece. Not like he can't pad up the ol' man to give him some more girth.

Once again, to each his own. i personally wouldnt buy this piece, but im happy the op is in the position to buy it and like it, even though me and various other posters have said they perfer the HT one more.

bells and whistles aside...you guys think that this piece has a better likeness than the HT one?? lets forget about the price, the pedestal effect, blah blah blah... Is the likeness better than the HT version???

Once again, to each his own. i personally wouldnt buy this piece, but im happy the op is in the position to buy it and like it, even though me and various other posters have said they perfer the HT one more.

bells and whistles aside...you guys think that this piece has a better likeness than the HT one?? lets forget about the price, the pedestal effect, blah blah blah... Is the likeness better than the HT version???

This looks more realistic to a human being, but the smaller HT and EnterBay "prototype" 1/6 scale figures look more spot-on to the character in the films.

But this is still an amazing looking piece. Having said that, would I spend 2,000 on one? No. I can't afford to spend that kind of moola on one piece. Even if I could I wouldn't. I have my limits. Cause if I don't know where to say that's enough, then maybe I can spend 10,000 on a Endoskeleton 1:1 statue and go, ho hum, that could have gone into a bigger home, a vehicle, or some savings bond.

This looks more realistic to a human being, but the smaller HT and EnterBay "prototype" 1/6 scale figures look more spot-on to the character in the films.

Thank you, that was my point. And honestly thats why i perfer the HT one.

I always felt that the HT or EnterBay figures seemed more accurate to the source, but I was defending the cost spent on said object... just putting it into perspective. That's all my post was meant for. Just seems like a lot of people are putting down the guy for making the purchase. It's not fair.

But this is still an amazing looking piece. Having said that, would I spend 2,000 on one? No. I can't afford to spend that kind of moola on one piece. Even if I could I wouldn't. I have my limits. Cause if I don't know where to say that's enough, then maybe I can spend 10,000 on a Endoskeleton 1:1 statue and go, ho hum, that could have gone into a bigger home, a vehicle, or some savings bond.

Thank you, that was my point. And honestly thats why i perfer the HT one. im not interested in a real looking mini statue of some guy with real hair, im interested in a spot on recreation of one of my favorite characters. the HT figure's likeness is "First class" compared to this ones.

And just because some posters have different opinions on a piece, that is in no way a judgement on the op on his character or worth at all. They just dont like the piece and think the price is high. I didnt see anything in the post that is remotley disrespectful at all.

You and me both buddy. Hell i could prolly afford that thing now if i cut some corners in other areas, but like you i have limits, and even though i love my hobby, i dont think its important enough to take away from other areas of my life, like a future home, car, ect..

Last edited:
I'm beginning to think you work for CM! We've all seen it, they miss the boat on the biggest deal breaker 90% of the time...the likeness! With exception of the T2 CM, their work only slightly resembles who it's suppose to and at the price they charge that's inexcusable! But as long as your happy with that more power to ya!

I'm beginning to think you work for CM! We've all seen it, they miss the boat on the biggest deal breaker 90% of the time...the likeness! With exception of the T2 CM, their work only slightly resembles who it's suppose to and at the price they charge that's inexcusable! But as long as your happy with that more power to ya!

Can you tell me the calculation you used to arrive at that figure?

Back