Chronicle collectibles T-800 life size bust: Terminator Genisys.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks good to me!!

10989336_1544869002439606_65243435156492979_o.jpg

no doubt this thing is gonna be kick ass cant wait to see the full reveal!

It looks like that they used the terrible too long teeth from the sideshowbusts?:gah:

It looks like that they used the terrible too long teeth from the sideshowbusts?:gah:

However the teeth turn out, apparently it is exactly what Legacy Studios (Stan Winston) made for the movie.

Paul has said these are coming straight out of Legacy's original master mold. Can't get more authentic.

Sounds awesome to me. This isn't some artists interpretation, or new sculpture. This is the exact piece used for filming made by Legacy.

Regardless of whether or not the movie turns out good or bad, I know Legacy's FX work will be incredible as always.

Does anyone know of Chronicle is doing the full reveal today or just the T2 vs TG side by side stuff?

I really want to see the base and the TG logo. Hopefully someone can do a custom T800 name plate.

what a let down. They didn't improve on anything Sideshow did. SS has been making thousands of these skulls of for over 10 years and those came from a iconic movie.

I like it, but I don't see it as much of an upgrade from the other Skulls that have come before. Looks like it has red plastic lenses on the eyes like the SS too.

Looks like a metalflake paint and not chrome. Why can't anyone use a red led and clear or smoke lens for the eyes? For the price it is not bad I guess.

Looks great until you get to the chin down.
Happy with my SS Combat Version :D
I actually think the base looks way better on Chronicle's version, much more to it than Sideshow's. It's just a neck and those four poles. :/ Plus I think the new Endo looks way better as far as the spine segments in the neck, way more detail going on there.

image.jpg

what a let down. They didn't improve on anything Sideshow did. SS has been making thousands of these skulls of for over 10 years and those came from a iconic movie.
I don't see how this is a let down at all. They weren't trying to improve what Sideshow did. As I'm sure you know, this isn't supposed to be the T2 Endo that SS has been making. This is a new Endo made by Legacy Studios. Pulled straight from the master mold Legacy created. I see improvements in almost every aspect over SS, especially the base and the teeth.

image.jpg

Keep it at a decent price point, and I will get it.
They've already got SS beat there for sure. SS "battle damaged" (or defective finish, if you know anything about it) is set at $579. Chronicle has set their price at $499. For what will certainly be a better made, higher quality replica. Not to mention the larger, more detailed base.

No way in hell I'd pay for Sideshow's T2, not seeing the quality that has come from them lately. I don't care if it has "T2" stamped on it vs Genisys. Chronicles beats the crap out of Sideshow's.

I like the sharp and precise look of the new design way more. It's more symmetrical and perfect, which makes more sense as this is supposed to be a high tech machine built by machines in the future. When I look at the rougher and flawed shape of the Sideshow version it seems cheaper made.

image.jpg

Looks like a metalflake paint and not chrome. Why can't anyone use a red led and clear or smoke lens for the eyes? For the price it is not bad I guess.
Paul touched on the topic of the paint on these a little in the other forums..

"We are going for screen accurate, the original that Legacy produced is all paint, no real chrome plating was used. We'd like to go for screen accuracy and us the alclad process.."

Just a bit more info from Paul in regards to the finish of these and the ones Sideshow has been offering...
Let's be honest for a moment, when we made the T2 skull years ago, the same one that Sideshow makes today we had them all clean.

The problem with the chrome plating process is a 30% defect rate. So we came up with an idea to have zero product loss. Weather the skulls and sell the rejects for the same price. This is the same exact thing Sideshow sells on their site today.

There is nothing wrong with the skull, just some defect with the plating that prevents it from being clean.

So if you have a battle damaged Skull or Endo, that's a defective piece that has been saved by paint.

For Terminator Genisys Legacy made these all in house and used a chrome paint process for the Endoskeletons. The originals for T1 and T2 were actually vacuum metalized and not triple chrome plated. Legacy wanted more of a brushed steel look.

So ours will be the same exact process and our paint masters are being painted by Tim Gore who knows this process in depth.

Since this process is growing in popularity in China, we are confident we can duplicate this process with ease with no defect rate, it's not like plating where it's to costly to start over.

This also helps us nail the $500 price tag. When you see what you get for the price I think everyone will be surprised, we've tried to use some of the chest and back for the display since the neck pistons actually attach to the back plate.

Since I designed the base for the old HCG Endoskull with Constantine, I tried to stay very far away from that design.

I think everyone will be very happy with what we've produced.

Paul

...food for thought.

Back